whackos at it again......Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut

tughillhunter

Not this many kids, plus it sure seems like these massacres are becoming a weekly event now. I honestly don't think people nor our government will stand for it much longer. Something will have to give in my honest opinion.

Theres been two in the last two weeks, before that was a pretty big gap since the movie theater one. Lets not exaggerate it. I agree that there have been too many as of late, but think about it, the economy has been in the crapper for quite some time, people are out of work, theres all the end of the world hoopla, etc. The wackos are bound to come out of the wood work when you have all of those things mixed together.

As someone said after the movie theater deal, just be glad they didnt use bombs, it would have been much worse. I dont want to get into a gun control debate, but chances are, no gun law would have prevented this. Some people are sick, plain and simple, and they will do what they have to to accomplish their sick goals. Inanimate objects dont cause them to be that way.

Theres been two in the last two weeks, before that was a pretty big gap since the movie theater one. Lets not exaggerate it. I agree that there have been too many as of late, but think about it, the economy has been in the crapper for quite some time, people are out of work, theres all the end of the world hoopla, etc. The wackos are bound to come out of the wood work when you have all of those things mixed together.

As someone said after the movie theater deal, just be glad they didnt use bombs, it would have been much worse. I dont want to get into a gun control debate, but chances are, no gun law would have prevented this. Some people are sick, plain and simple, and they will do what they have to to accomplish their sick goals. Inanimate objects dont cause them to be that way.

i have said this over and over, you get caught speeding.. was it your engines fault that you were going to fast, or the foot you had on the accelerator

• Like 2

It's about time something be done in this country. I hope in the names of the dead stricter laws come out. You can't take the crazies off the street but you can limit what they use.

so how do you pick out the crazy ones??? you have joe farmer down the road, good guy never had a bad word about anyone...................for some reason his mind flips out and he kills the neighborhood...................how do you figure out hes gonna crack before he does??? its simple, you cant.......... sad sad day

It's about time something be done in this country. I hope in the names of the dead stricter laws come out. You can't take the crazies off the street but you can limit what they use.

Please give examples of the type of laws you think would make a difference.

Be specific.

What a sad, sad , sad day. Prayers to all the families suffering through this horrific experience. The quick knee jerk reaction will be to put all the focus on "guns". While there really does need to be open, honest discussion about firearms between those on all sides, the real discussion needs to be about the disgusting state of our mental health system.

• Like 1

We have computer data bases don't we? Sorry if it's discrimination but folks with mental illness should be registered in a data base. cross reference with registered fire arms. if you are registered with mental illness you have to give up what ever weapons you already own. Like sex offenders can't live in a house offering day care. Folks with mental illness can't live in a house with firearms or own them themselves.

The worst mass murder in NYC comitted by one man killed 87 people and not a shot was fired. No one talked about banning the murder weapon.

How about holding the doctors responsible who medicate these kids into the psychotic killers that they become. I can guarantee you that this kid was on some mind adjusting medication, like the punk in Oregon.

It is a very complicated situation. Especially when the statistics show one out of every five people suffers from a diagnosable mental illness in this country. That does not mean to say that they are actively being treated or that they have even been diagnosed. How about each one of those officers in that school witnessing up close and personal this tragedy. Depression, anxiety, PTSD are all possible and actually likely. That does not mean each officer who may become ill is now dangerous, or should lose his job, or right to own and carry a firearm. Like I said, it's a lot more complicated.

• Like 2