whackos at it again......Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut

tughillhunter

You can start by limiting what type of weapons are available to ANYONE. Assault weapons ban bring it back. Can't buy ammo over the internet. When you buy your ammo at Dicks and they ask for you license just smile and give it to them. Do you people realize that if just one 10 year old was spared because this guy could only get off 3 shots instead of twenty it would be worth it..... or are your guns too precious. Yea emotions are running high, I just wonder if it was yours...................I am a die hard hunter and gun owner. I could give a shit if I had to register or go through more background checks. Just think, just think, just think, for a moment ....I here the feds are after that and that-bullshit and wake up. You don't like what I say tough shit, This is the way I feel and I'm just like you a hunter on a hunting website that I love. If just one life was saved by banning assault weapons so be it, go ahead sharks and feed......................oh yea I don't support the NRA.....

Not one thing you listed would have prevented what happened today.

Care to try again?

I am staring at my sleeping 5 year old right now after putting my 4 year old and his 1 year old brother to bed a little while ago. Hitting home? Hell yes I have cried several times today. For the first time in my life I have expressed empathy. In the past I thought I understood it but not until today did I fully understand it. I have kissed and hugged my kids and shed tears all night. I cannot imagine what those kids went through this morning or how their parents are feeling now.

My opinion is however is simple. It was not the guns fault. As a society we have stopped raising men and started raising boys. Boys who fell they are entitled to whatever they want. Parents are not allowed to knock good sense into kids these days so we let them rot away playing violent video games where death is measured in a score and posted on Facebook. Mixed feelings will come about but I for one cannot stop thinking about a 5 year old getting shot to death for no reason other than some faggot douche whose parents wanted him to finally grow up and stop being an enabled pussy

• Like 2

I am staring at my sleeping 5 year old right now after putting my 4 year old and his 1 year old brother to bed a little while ago. Hitting home? Hell yes I have cried several times today. For the first time in my life I have expressed empathy. In the past I thought I understood it but not until today did I fully understand it. I have kissed and hugged my kids and shed tears all night. I cannot imagine what those kids went through this morning or how their parents are feeling now.

My opinion is however is simple. It was not the guns fault. As a society we have stopped raising men and started raising boys. Boys who feel they are entitled to whatever they want. Parents are not allowed to knock good sense into kids these days so we let them rot away playing violent video games where death is measured in a score and posted on Facebook. Mixed feelings will come about but I for one cannot stop thinking about a 5 year old getting shot to death for no reason other than some faggot douche whose parents wanted him to finally grow up and stop being an enabled pussy

i hear you. you can knock sense into your kids. i do it by being firm. i run a tight ship, and for the most part, it works. its all in the way you raise your kids. i see alot of kids dont get the attention they need nowadays. alot of those kids get handed a tv remote and xbox cntroller, and call it a day. not here. dont take me the wrong way, i reward my kids with nice stuff, but they work hard for it, and enjoy doing it. they get good grades, do their chores, no problem. yeah, they can be pissers, but they are kids. i got good kids, but i think its from good upbringing. damn, i have full custody of my daughter, after a battle from hell. she loves living with me, hates going to her moms. reason- all they do is watch tv all weekend a window shop. thats one of the problems.....laziness, and lack of motivation, and lack of being able to give proper attention to a childs needs. ok, thats 3 problems.

I knew my post was going against the grain here. Keep on believing what you want. I believe we need more control

obviously the mother of the shooter needed to keep the weapons in a more secure place (gun control). I could give a rats ass about someone needing to shoot a gun for pleasure.A gun that could incur mass devastation on people needs to be banned. You people live in the dark age. Popit, too bad, these kids wouldn't be dead if the guns were in a more secure place. I celebrate their lives and hope this does something that nothing in the past, even killing of an american president, couldn't do.

Humans are lazy, give them a gun that can shoot 10-20 rounds off real quick or give them a gun that shoots 3-5 rounds-bet ya they stay on the couch.

Edited by First-light

Just in case many missed this, not a good day to be a kid in this world;

Man with knife injures 22 kids at school in China

BEIJING (AP) — A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

The attack in the Henan province village of Chengping happened shortly before 8 a.m., said a police officer from Guangshan county, where the village is located.

The attacker, 36-year-old villager Min Yingjun, is now in police custody, said the officer, who declined to give her name, as is customary among Chinese civil servants.

A Guangshan county hospital administrator said the man first attacked an elderly woman, then students, before being subdued by security guards who have been posted across China following a spate of school attacks in recent years. He said there were no deaths among the nine students admitted, although two badly injured children had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.

Neither the hospital administrator nor the doctor would give his name.

It was not clear how old the injured children were, but Chinese primary school pupils are generally 6-11 years old.

A notice posted on the Guangshan county government's website confirmed the number of injured and said an emergency response team had been set up to investigate the attacks.

No motive was given for the stabbings, which echo a string of similar assaults against schoolchildren in 2010 that killed nearly 20 and wounded more than 50. The most recent such attack took place in August, when a knife-wielding man broke into a middle school in the southern city of Nanchang and stabbed two students before fleeing.

Most of the attackers have been mentally disturbed men involved in personal disputes or unable to adjust to the rapid pace of social change in China, underscoring grave weaknesses in the antiquated Chinese medical system's ability to diagnose and treat psychiatric illness.

In one of the worst incidents, a man described as an unemployed, middle-aged doctor killed eight children with a knife in March 2010 to vent his anger over a thwarted romantic relationship.

What a messed up place we have made of this world.

And on the topic of gun control they need to level the playing feild. And by that I mean up here in ny its pretty hard to get a pistol permit. Well just hop in the car and drive down south to get a bookbag full of them no questions asked.

The next big thing is people that buy firearms threw the paper or just as a personal sale with no backround check swapping of much paper ect...

Personally I wouldn't want a firearm without the proper paperwork.

Just my thoughts on it.

In light of today's events. I find it offensive that many of you have taken this tragedy as an opportunity to use these poor defenseless innocent children as a vehicle for you to spew garbage and to promote your personal agendas.

I don't want to hear a debate on God or the NRA. Forget your Politically correct comment

s for 24 hours. Instead, think of the 20 beautiful children who will not be coming home tonight, and the parents that will never see their children reach another milestone. And the Hero teachers and staff that tried to shield these children.

Thank you.

i find it offensive that the very millisecond something like this horrible event happens that anti gun zealots like some on this site have to sound off about how the public shouldnt have mag capacity's over 3 rounds etc, etc. Its hard for me as a supporter of the second ammendment to sit and just say yea, yea yer right.
  • Like 1

I knew my post was going against the grain here. Keep on believing what you want. I believe we need more control

obviously the mother of the shooter needed to keep the weapons in a more secure place (gun control). I could give a rats ass about someone needing to shoot a gun for pleasure.A gun that could incur mass devastation on people needs to be banned. You people live in the dark age. Popit, too bad, these kids wouldn't be dead if the guns were in a more secure place. I celebrate their lives and hope this does something that nothing in the past, even killing of an american president, couldn't do.

Humans are lazy, give them a gun that can shoot 10-20 rounds off real quick or give them a gun that shoots 3-5 rounds-bet ya they stay on the couch.

You realize all guns are capable of causing "mass devastation" in the wrong hands, right? JFK was killed with a BOLT ACTION RIFLE. So you are saying those need to banned too?

My opinion is however is simple. It was not the guns fault. As a society we have stopped raising men and started raising boys. Boys who fell they are entitled to whatever they want. Parents are not allowed to knock good sense into kids these days so we let them rot away playing violent video games where death is measured in a score and posted on Facebook. Mixed feelings will come about but I for one cannot stop thinking about a 5 year old getting shot to death for no reason other than some dbag whose parents wanted him to finally grow up and stop being an enabled wussy

100% totally hit the nail on the head! Great post!

• Like 1

BEIJING (AP) — A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

The attack in the Henan province village of Chengping happened shortly before 8 a.m., said a police officer from Guangshan county, where the village is located.

The attacker, 36-year-old villager Min Yingjun, is now in police custody, said the officer, who declined to give her name, as is customary among Chinese civil servants.

A Guangshan county hospital administrator said the man first attacked an elderly woman, then students, before being subdued by security guards who have been posted across China following a spate of school attacks in recent years. He said there were no deaths among the nine students admitted, although two badly injured children had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.

It was not clear how old the injured children were, but Chinese primary school pupils are generally 6-11 years old.

A notice posted on the Guangshan county government's website confirmed the number of injured and said an emergency response team had been set up to investigate the attacks.

No motive was given for the stabbings, which echo a string of similar assaults against schoolchildren in 2010 that killed nearly 20 and wounded more than 50. The most recent such attack took place in August, when a knife-wielding man broke into a middle school in the southern city of Nanchang and stabbed two students before fleeing.

Most of the attackers have been mentally disturbed men involved in personal disputes or unable to adjust to the rapid pace of social change in China, underscoring grave weaknesses in the antiquated Chinese medical system's ability to diagnose and treat psychiatric illness.

In one of the worst incidents, a man described as an unemployed, middle-aged doctor killed eight children with a knife in March 2010 to vent his anger over a thwarted romantic relationship.

I'm speechless. Shaking my head and wondering why.......

Limit the type of gun and access.

so what would you suggest, a nation wide gun grab, send the national guard out house to house to search and confiscate law abiding citizens guns? I mean really "what are you talking about" the guns are already here? and let me ask you something, how would you feel about going up against (lets just say a 20 year old wack with an AK n 30 round clip) who just kicked down your door with his freinds whilst your standing their with your 3 round capacity shotgun.

You see people like you can go on about how we must change society and bring back family values etc and that all sounds dandy but till then i plan on keeping my guns.

• Like 3

I keep getting the feeling that there are way too many people who welcome the news of each of these tragedies because each one serves as fuel for their anti-gun agendas. They seem to come out of the wood-work all re-invigorated and eager to take another chop out of that 2nd amendment that has caused them so much angst. They are always eager to exploit these things as ways to get their next shot of further gun control. They are content to place "feel-good" arguments against a chunk of steel. It saves them from expending intellectual energy toward the real causes and cures of the diseased society that has spawned the evil people that commit these atrocities.

"welcome the news of each of these tragedies" Doc your sick for thinking that. I thought better of you.

It's the same argument over and over again. I'll take my lumps here, I knew that would happen. Not much has been done in the past, let's see what happens now. Good day.

Edited by First-light

"welcome the news of each of these tragedies" Doc your sick for thinking that. I thought better of you.

It's the same argument over and over again. I'll take my lumps here, I knew that would happen. Not much has been done in the past, let's see what happens now. Good day.

Yes, that's exactly the attitude that I am talking about ..... "not much has been done in the past" and now finally (and apparently, thankfully) an incident so horrific that they'll have to do something about those evil guns. I have watched the desparation of anti-gun zealots over the years and have decided that many times their eager campaign takes over their sense of balance and they seem to obtain a kind of renewed enthusiasm everytime something like this takes place. It is almost like they see opportunities in tragedy. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but that thought always runs through my head whenever I see the almost gleeful rabid anti-gun frenzy each time one of these things occurs. It is predictable and consistant.

I work in law enforcement and this event turns my stomach. Sadly we see too much violence lately... My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, parents, school staff and first responders. All their live have forever been impacted and the list of victims will sadly grow from today.

The first thing I did last night was hug my children; even though they are young this incident impacted their live....lets all light a single candle in our homes tonight as a tribute to the victims and those who work diligenty through this terrible event....God speed to the victims and their families.......how about we use this post as a tribute and debate the issues in another forum?

Edited by Salmon_Run

The "land of opportunity" isn't it Doc. The whole situation is bad, guns in the hand of a crazy person. Not a good mix. I understand our rights and yes there are a lot of guns out there and will never be taken off the street. I'm sure 99% of my fellow hunters on this site are law abiding gun owners and keep them secure and safe. Tough all around, I pray for them. Salmon Run-that is a nice idea, will pass it on to my friends and family.

Edited by First-light

There's a reason why it's called a depression. Hence the increase in violence as of late.

If you see something, say something instead of turning a blind eye. I'll bet someone knew something about this idiot not being stable. Just look at the pictures of him on the news. Holding his guns trying to look all hardcore, big and bad. Please.

There's a reason why it's called a depression. Hence the increase in violence as of late.

If you see something, say something instead of turning a blind eye. I'll bet someone knew something about this idiot not being stable. Just look at the pictures of him on the news. Holding his guns trying to look all hardcore, big and bad. Please.

From what the daily news reported he was really troubled and neighbors knew this. Why did the mother have these guns with that kid living in the house. Put those two together..........

He was dark and disturbed, a deeply troubled boy from a wealthy family who unnerved his neighbors and classmates.

Mass murderer Adam Lanza, 20, was a ticking time bomb, people who knew him told the Daily News.

“This was a deeply disturbed kid,” a family insider told the Daily News. “He certainly had major issues. He was subject to outbursts from what I recall.”

Lanza, who friends and officials said suffered from Asperger’s syndrome or a personality disorder, had a tortured mind.

He was socially awkward and at times unstable, but also extraordinarily bright.

“He was smart,” the insider said. “He was like one of these real brainiac computer kind of kids.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/adam-lanza-20-deeply-disturbed-kid-article-1.1220752#ixzz2F85Yarbk