Well, thank you Biden voters! I'm losing my job after 22 years....

On 6/9/2022 at 5:24 AM, wolc123 said:

He shut down the Keystone pipeline and took other measures to squander America’s energy independence on his first day in office.  No single individual is more directly responsible for the high prices we are paying at the pump and the failing economy we are all experienced today.  The sad part is, he don’t know no better .  I am not blaming him when the fault lies entirely with the fools who voted for him.  Anyone with half a brain could see his incompetence by listening to a single sentence of his speech. 

He did not shut the Keystone Pipeline. He shutdown the Keystone XL pipeline.  The Keystone XL was expected to transport 830,000 barrels of Alberta tar sands oil per day to refineries on the Gulf Coast of Texas. From the refineries, the oil would be sent chiefly overseas—not to gasoline pumps in the United States. The pipeline would have done zero for the American public and the only benefit would have been to a large corporation in Canada. Get your facts straight.

52 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

He did not shut the Keystone Pipeline. He shutdown the Keystone XL pipeline.  The Keystone XL was expected to transport 830,000 barrels of Alberta tar sands oil per day to refineries on the Gulf Coast of Texas. From the refineries, the oil would be sent chiefly overseas—not to gasoline pumps in the United States. The pipeline would have done zero for the American public and the only benefit would have been to a large corporation in Canada. Get your facts straight.

Well come on now - that would have positively impacted global supply levels, which are the driving issue at hand here w/pricing. Gas isn't just expensive here, it's expensive everywhere other than Saudi Arabia, etc. 

It's facetious to say that it wouldn't have positively impacted the American public....

Edited by phade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, phade said:

Well come on now - that would have positively impacted global supply levels, which are the driving issue at hand here w/pricing. Gas isn't just expensive here, it's expensive everywhere other than Saudi Arabia, etc. 

It's facetious to say that it wouldn't have positively impacted the American public....

As well as executive orders to shut down oil and natural gas leases . 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, phade said:

Not to mention all the transportation labor that would support. 

My buddy, who is in the retail gas business, thinks we will see gas down to around $3.50 per gallon by Election Day.  The reason for that is because: he thinks that is the maximum cost for gas necessary to keep Democrats in the majority in Congress, after the mid-terms.  

He also believes that, if they do hold the majority,  the price of gas will quickly rise again to higher than current levels.  The Leftists are simply milking us common folk like we were dairy cows.  

Edited by wolc123

19 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

My buddy, who is in the retail gas business, thinks we will see gas down to around $3.50 per gallon by Election Day.  The reason for that is because: he thinks that is the maximum cost for gas necessary to keep Democrats in the majority in Congress, after the mid-terms.  

He also believes that, if they do hold the majority,  the price of gas will quickly rise again to higher than current levels.  The Leftists are simply milking us common folk like we were dairy cows.  

You are being milked alright,I think you confused who is doing the milking though. The oil companies record profits may be a good clue...or maybe that has nothing to do with anything,right?

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They just decided to start gouging us now?

Gotta make up for the lean covid years. You think oil companies care about you or the u.s. or energy independence? Profit rules all,it is a free market. How come they are making so much money when Biden makes it so hard for them, huh?

36 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They just decided to start gouging us now?

The current administration has shut down 4600 critical domestic gas and oil leases . Let's not pretend this isn't directly related to the executive order Biden signed that shut down those leases. 

• Like 2

There's not one politician who's made it to the apex, neither Biden, Trump, or any other, who is looking out for the little guy. They're thinking in aggregate, greater good, playing the long game (well or poorly) - but you can't believe that they're the "people's". 

And it sucks when you're collateral damage. Good luck in finding something new and fulfilling. 

Just now, knehrke said:

There's not one politician who's made it to the apex, neither Biden, Trump, or any other, who is looking out for the little guy. They're thinking in aggregate, greater good, playing the long game (well or poorly) - but you can't believe that they're the "people's". 

And it sucks when you're collateral damage. Good luck in finding something new and fulfilling. 

I'm willing to put up with the guy that was in office when my grocery bill was half or the price of fuel was half of what it currently is. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The current administration has shut down 4600 critical domestic gas and oil leases . Let's not pretend this isn't directly related to the executive order Biden signed that shut down those leases. 

Do you know how many unused leases are out there? Enough to keep them busy for a good stretch...

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

You are being milked alright,I think you confused who is doing the milking though. The oil companies record profits may be a good clue...or maybe that has nothing to do with anything,right?

So you believe the oil companies set the price ? They control economics ? 

I guess then farmers set the bushel price , and miners set the silver and gold spot , I’m calling my wife’s family and tell them all they have to do is raise the commodity price on their crops . So simple who knew ? And all these years on trying to be more efficient, increasing yields , investing millions into larger equipment to work faster with less labor , wasted .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

It has nothing to do with the leases really. Most of those pulled where ones nobody wanted. It is this administration is so anti oil/gas that no oil company, refinery etc... want to hedge any more money on developments, research, building anything and then lose it all. This administration wants you in battery cars be damned if that is not feasible nor environmentally safe, nor done with out relying on Chinese metals and on and on.

But they will all get richer than they are while you toe the line. The more they take and grind us down the more people stick their hands out and the bigger and more controlling the Democrat madness gets. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

So you believe the oil companies set the price ? They control economics ? 

I guess then farmers set the bushel price , and miners set the silver and gold spot , I’m calling my wife’s family and tell them all they have to do is raise the commodity price on their crops . So simple who knew ? And all these years on trying to be more efficient, increasing yields , investing millions into larger equipment to work faster with less labor , wasted .

Oil companies are the producer and seller,a farmer just sells to a middle man. One didn't have to be a genius to predict oil consumption would go up after the pandemic,oil companies were well aware of that. Farmers don't control anything,they are very small cogs in the agriculture industry.  How many oil companies are there? how many farmers are there? Who do you think has a much easier time to coordinate?

And it is true that oil companies hate this administration and they are doing what they can to change it back to republican so nobody will interfere with their profits and gas can stay no.1. 

A high price helps with that,doesn't it?

16 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Oil companies are the producer and seller,a farmer just sells to a middle man. One didn't have to be a genius to predict oil consumption would go up after the pandemic,oil companies were well aware of that. Farmers don't control anything,they are very small cogs in the agriculture industry.  How many oil companies are there? how many farmers are there? Who do you think has a much easier time to coordinate?

And it is true that oil companies hate this administration and they are doing what they can to change it back to republican so nobody will interfere with their profits and gas can stay no.1. 

A high price helps with that,doesn't 

Here is a educational video for  you  on your  friend Brandon

Edited by phantom
  • Haha 1