Well, thank you Biden voters! I'm losing my job after 22 years....

sorry to hear that you are being let go.... I know a bunch of folks that work for Stewarts. They say the company is great to work for. They were voted the best company to work for in the N.E. (for what that's worth).  There wage scale was a little light, but that may have changed.

Look, I am not an economics expert or any kind of guru of the energy business like a lot here believe hey are. All I know is that we went from energy independence to shortages and dependence on our enemies for something as vital as energy. We have a president that publicly declared a war on the fossil fuel industry. We have a president who took open, public actions to back up that threat. I'm not sure it takes much more expertise than those observations to figure out where this all started and how we are all impacted and by who. Biden recently stated " We are changing people's lives". He did not say he was changing them for the better, and the results clearly show he is not.

Come-on people use your brain. Make a few observations at what is going on around you. The problems that exist at every turn are not really all that hard to see and figure out if you aren't all muddled up in the close-minded attitudes of your past politics.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

When Trump or actually any Republican gets back in there and changes things back to where they should be I wonder if the Democratic supporters will still say it has nothing to do with a president?

Well everything was trumps fault remember. Now in typical liberal logic when it’s a Democrat president they  deflect , everything’s someone’s else fault. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Grouse said:

If Trump gets re-elected, everything Biden screwed up will suddenly be Trump's fault.

Yeah. Even after he fixes everything back to normal for the American people. If Trump gets back in there you watch how fast that democratic swamp gets drained after these 5 year F-up’s. Retirement will be coming from all corners 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Yeah. Even after he fixes everything back to normal for the American people. If Trump gets back in there you watch how fast that democratic swamp gets drained after these 5 year F-up’s. Retirement will be coming from all corners 

One can only Hope !  In my opinion (which doesn't mean much) I believe DeSantis would most likely be a better choice , but that's just me !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

One can only Hope !  In my opinion (which doesn't mean much) I believe DeSantis would most likely be a better choice , but that's just me !

Your probably right but the democrats know damn well the support Trump had when he had peoples lives good will be tripled after this 5 year fiasco. Trump will fill stadiums when he speaks. 

What  a lot of democratic voters simply don't understand that the Democratic party's agenda is a globalist agenda which in a globalized world our standard of living will have to fall in line with the rest of the world which means  we're going to have to have a lower standing of living not a better one . It will be a world where usa is no different  then any other country .  There not lifting us up They are tearing us down and it's on purpose. If Hillary Clinton had been elected this already would have started Trump being president delayed there plans. This was there  plan since at least Obama and maybe even Clinton administration.  Why do you think they are going after the guns because there care about crime . Yet let out all the criminals and vote to defund the police lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the excuses I often hear is that we used less fuel during the pandemic and now that everyone is driving again we are in a shortage.  That excuse makes perfect sense unless you are supposed to look at information available and adjust accordingly, for not only the present but as well as the future . That's why intelligent people can see right through that BS excuse. So basically they're trying to tell us they had no idea we were exiting the lock down phase of the pandemic? 

• Like 1

Of the 4 top runners in the Republican Party for NYS Governor, I'm starting to like Zeldin. All of them are on the same wave to lower the taxes here, to get back to prosecuting criminals instead of a handshake and a check, and they all feel our gun control laws are way too strict. But Zeldin is aiming for a full repeal of the SAFE ACT. If possible to really lower taxes here, put criminals where they belong, get funding for all first responders, allow police to do their job, get better school funding, they all sort of seem on an even playing field as to what they say they will do. I also look at who's going to stick up the most for our 2A rights, and right now that seems to be Zeldin.

While the Left is in trouble right now with all the dumb ass shit they are pulling, it's still going to be difficult for the Right to unseat them. There are too many major cities in NY that are far more liberal in population and outnumber the conservatives. NYC and those boroughs alone have more people than the ADK areas. Once you add in the Albany, Rochester, and Buffalo areas with a very high liberal standing, it's a loosing battle, that's just how it is.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

One of the excuses I often hear is that we used less fuel during the pandemic and now that everyone is driving again we are in a shortage.  That excuse makes perfect sense unless you are supposed to look at information available and adjust accordingly, for not only the present but as well as the future . That's why intelligent people can see right through that BS excuse. So basically they're trying to tell us they had no idea we were exiting the lock down phase of the pandemic? 

I find it hard to believe the demand for gas is very high right now when the price is averaging $5/gal.  Most I know have cut way back on gas usage.

I have known this for about a week but have been so sick to my stomach I still can't process it....The Store/Gas Station/Car Wash i have been running for 22 years (had I made it too September) is being sold too Stewarts.......The owner can't make money at these prices and is putting out more and more money every week just to keep fuel in the tanks while making zero profit in the process. These mom and pop stores can't survive in this climate. We struggled terrible under Obama but plowed through it and my owner can't outlay this money for another three years. I understand it, I do and see the numbers every day, but it still sucks.....So i guess I'll be starting over at 49 years old....No idea what I am going to do but at least I have about a month and will be getting some severance....
For those of you that think this should be in the political section, I don't care, this is very personal to me......Who you vote for has real effects on real people.....

Sorry about you loosing your job. But his margin on gas shouldn’t change based on price. In fact he should make more net dollars as the price goes up.

Sorry he lied to you about why he closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

Sorry about you loosing your job. But his margin on gas shouldn’t change based on price. In fact he should make more net dollars as the price goes up.

I believe a lot of those gas stations with the Market inside make their money from people buying stuff inside the store when the gas prices are high less people go and buy gas there and they  lose money because there's less people going into the store which that's where they make the most  money not on the gas they sell which has the least in profit margin.

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

I believe a lot of those gas stations with the Market inside make their money from people buying stuff inside the store when the gas prices are high less people go and buy gas there and they  lose money because there's less people going into the store which that's where they make the most  money not on the gas they sell which has the least in profit margin.

Most gas stations make between 7 and 20 cents a gallon. I also disagree that gas purchases drive traffic to the attached C store. In many communities that store is the closest store of convenience and people go regardless

38 minutes ago, Chef said:

Most gas stations make between 7 and 20 cents a gallon. I also disagree that gas purchases drive traffic to the attached C store. In many communities that store is the closest store of convenience and people go regardless

Well i can only speak for the gas station sup market my friend owns has and he tells me most his  money  comes from  the market inside so they keep the gas  prices low as possible to get people coming in the store buying stuff  that's where the money is.  Say u got few of them near by who ever can sell the gas the least makes the most he said basically . Depends on the place i guess . You could be correct to depending on where the location is .Different places got different business models you know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chef said:

While this may be true in the perfect world.

This is an over simplified explanation "dumbed down"..

The problem that I have seen is the cash flow..

A smaller operation with limited resources is extremely  stressed by the increasing costs. 

Business buys $10,000 dollars of gas ,profits $500.

Next tank fill up costs $14,000 profits up to $700.

Only an extra $200 profit but they had to pull an extra $4000 from somewhere.

Until prices even out or go the other way money is being pulled from somewhere to cover the extra cost of fuel..

After many concurrent  months and or years  of this, $ is gone..  This why many, if not most undercapitalised businesses fail .

A large or well off business can roll through these times easier and at the end of the day make more money. But it kills the little guy.

• Like 3

While this may be true in the perfect world.
This is an over simplified explanation "dumbed down"..
The problem that I have seen is the cash flow..
A smaller operation with limited resources is extremely  stressed by the increasing costs. 
Business buys $10,000 dollars of gas ,profits $500.
Next tank fill up costs $14,000 profits up to $700.
Only an extra $200 profit but they had to pull an extra $4000 from somewhere.
Until prices even out or go the other way money is being pulled from somewhere to cover the extra cost of fuel..
After many concurrent  months and or years  of this, $ is gone..  This why many, if not most undercapitalised businesses fail .

A large or well off business can roll through these times easier and at the end of the day make more money. But it kills the little guy.

You are forgetting one thing. Gas turns very quickly and any business that has been around that long has credit terms. If you are not turning your gas before the bill comes due maybe you shouldn’t have been in business to begin with.

18 hours ago, Chef said:

I think in most places dollar general has put a stop to that.

3 hours ago, ncountry said:

Yeap, if it's a big enough community to have mucipal water then there is or will be before long a Dollar General..

They are popping up even where municipal water isn't available - my small community is one of those places!

On 6/18/2022 at 3:07 PM, Chef said:

Not sure i would expect anything less from you. I am well aware of why he closed. I do all the ordering, hiring, firing, record keeping, accounting, environmental records etc.....He didn't lie to me at all....

I can hold 43600 gallons of fuel in my tanks.....When gas is $2 dollars a gallon that is $87200.00 i can have in inventory. When gas is $5 per gallon that is $218000 to fill the tanks......Where does that extra inventory money come from? You are correct that a gas station makes 7-20 cents per gallon. What is the credit card fee on $5 instead of $2?  At $5 it's 15 cents per gallon! How many people pay cash these days? Here it is less than 10%....So yes, the margin shrinks.....Gallons go down because normal people simply can't afford to drive like they used too.....Also what they have left over to spend in the store on Soda, Sandwiches, snacks etc that you actually make money on so those sales go down as well....

Don't worry, i won't expect an apology for your ignorance or for calling someone i consider a friend a liar.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 9:21 PM, Chef said:

You are forgetting one thing. Gas turns very quickly and any business that has been around that long has credit terms. If you are not turning your gas before the bill comes due maybe you shouldn’t have been in business to begin with.

Umm, the bill is due when the fuel is dropped. Its now mine....I have already hit the line of credit for 200k,,,,,,maybe the owner should go for 500k in loans since they must be free in your mind.....

Its damn hard to make money selling a $5 product that you make 10cents or less on......

Man, you sure know how to make a persons blood boil!

• Like 4