Well, thank you Biden voters! I'm losing my job after 22 years....

Umm, the bill is due when the fuel is dropped. Its now mine....I have already hit the line of credit for 200k,,,,,,maybe the owner should go for 500k in loans since they must be free in your mind.....
Its damn hard to make money selling a $5 product that you make 10cents or less on......
Man, you sure know how to make a persons blood boil!

So gas companies make record profits and your boss closes his business yet you blame the president. Not sure why your boss didn’t ask the gas company for credit terms. That is not a loan that bears interest just a set time to pay. This way selling the high priced gas will cover his nut.

And don’t act like I don’t know what low margin is. I work in a industry where we next 1.5-3 cents per box moved at the end of the day.

You chose to post a politically motivated thread in the open forum and then get mad when people disagree with your point of view.

I am sorry you lost your job but there are many other people you can blame other than JB. Start with the oil companies that had record profits this year while your owners struggled, next blame your owner for not asking for credit terms and paying for gas COD. Sounds like dollar general and other big C stores hurt you guys as well. Pandemic and Putin seem to also have a pretty large impact on today’s gas prices..

But why not lets just be ignorant and FJB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

So gas companies make record profits and your boss closes his business yet you blame the president. Not sure why your boss didn’t ask the gas company for credit terms. That is not a loan that bears interest just a set time to pay. This way selling the high priced gas will cover his nut.

And don’t act like I don’t know what low margin is. I work in a industry where we next 1.5-3 cents per box moved at the end of the day.

You chose to post a politically motivated thread in the open forum and then get mad when people disagree with your point of view.

I am sorry you lost your job but there are many other people you can blame other than JB. Start with the oil companies that had record profits this year while your owners struggled, next blame your owner for not asking for credit terms and paying for gas COD. Sounds like dollar general and other big C stores hurt you guys as well. Pandemic and Putin seem to also have a pretty large impact on today’s gas prices..

But why not lets just be ignorant and FJB

Come on Chef, you aren't that dumb. Fuel companies are making record profits because they aren't investing in drilling, refineries, pipelines or anything else for the future. That is a direct result of Bidens war on oil. There isn't anyone else to blame.  Democrats make it impossible for oil companies to invest in the future and then make them out to be the bad guys when their profits go way up like they are the evil ones....If Putin and the pandemic are to blame, why did prices rise the day Biden took office?  I think you need to look in the mirror to see who is being ignorant...

I don't know of a single mom and pop gas station (single owner) that has credit terms with a fuel company. I used to know a lot of them. Most of them have been bought out. We aren't a billion dollar company like Stewarts, Cumby's or 7-11.  Its, you want the fuel, we'll bring it and in the last year i have had to prove i could pay for it when it was dropped. I'm guessing because a lot of single store owners haven't been able too....

• Like 4

Come on Chef, you aren't that dumb. Fuel companies are making record profits because they aren't investing in drilling, refineries, pipelines or anything else for the future. That is a direct result of Bidens war on oil. There isn't anyone else to blame.  Democrats make it impossible for oil companies to invest in the future and then make them out to be the bad guys when their profits go way up like they are the evil ones....If Putin and the pandemic are to blame, why did prices rise the day Biden took office?  I think you need to look in the mirror to see who is being ignorant...
I don't know of a single mom and pop gas station (single owner) that has credit terms with a fuel company. I used to know a lot of them. Most of them have been bought out. We aren't a billion dollar company like Stewarts, Cumby's or 7-11.  Its, you want the fuel, we'll bring it and in the last year i have had to prove i could pay for it when it was dropped. I'm guessing because a lot of single store owners haven't been able too....

If you look at when the upward trend in gas prices started it was the last summer of Trumps term.

Also I know people who own gas stations and they have credit terms I asked today.

They said you don’t get germs if you have crap credit.

If you look at when the upward trend in gas prices started it was the last summer of Trumps term.

Also I know people who own gas stations and they have credit terms I asked today.

This administration LOVES high fuel prices because they think it will force everyone in their insane green initiative. They wont do anything to help because they dont want to. "Just buy an electric car, dummies"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5

This administration LOVES high fuel prices because they think it will force everyone in their insane green initiative. They wont do anything to help because they dont want to. "Just buy an electric car, dummies"

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Chef said:

Yea, it went from about $2 a gallon too $2.19 a gallon. A normal ebb and flow as you head into winter and more oil is converted to heating oil.

You say i post a political post and then get mad when people don't agree. That isn't the case. I get mad when people call me a liar or a friend a liar, say things like i myself or my business has crap credit which isn't the case. You don't get a half million dollar line of credit in small business with 8 employees by having crap credit. (which BTW, I have only had to use the last year and a half and when Obama was in office) I get mad at the personal jabs. You want to say that I'm ignorant and Joe Biden isn't to blame? That is fine, tell me that and provide reasons why. Otherwise you just look like an idiot, and i'll continue to get personal messages saying you are an idiot and not to let you get under my skin. 

So how's this, your right and I'm the moron little guy that is out of a job after 22 years.....Maybe you can hire me to fold your laundry and I'll be where i belong...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Here is the president blaming you personally

Yup heard it before.....us little guys make 10 cents or less on a gallon of gas, especially after credit card fees at these ridiculous prices but there is about 80 cents per gallon in taxes, (although some of that has been suspended). 18 cents is federal taxes but the gas stations are the problem! 

• Like 3

Yea, it went from about $2 a gallon too $2.19 a gallon. A normal ebb and flow as you head into winter and more oil is converted to heating oil.
You say i post a political post and then get mad when people don't agree. That isn't the case. I get mad when people call me a liar or a friend a liar, say things like i myself or my business has crap credit which isn't the case. You don't get a half million dollar line of credit in small business with 8 employees by having crap credit. (which BTW, I have only had to use the last year and a half and when Obama was in office) I get mad at the personal jabs. You want to say that I'm ignorant and Joe Biden isn't to blame? That is fine, tell me that and provide reasons why. Otherwise you just look like an idiot, and i'll continue to get personal messages saying you are an idiot and not to let you get under my skin. 
So how's this, your right and I'm the moron little guy that is out of a job after 22 years.....Maybe you can hire me to fold your laundry and I'll be where i belong...

Hey man that’s not exactly what I said.. business get credit terms. As long as you are selling the gas before the next delivery you should be able to cover the cost of the previous gas.

I’m not trying to be rude to you just pointing out your misguided blame for the loss of your job. I understand the frustration and the want to lash out.

That being said I’m just trying to point you in the correct direction for that lashing

6 hours ago, Grouse said:

The gullibility of Biden supporters and defenders is unbelievable.  The level of denial is insane.

Perhaps it's because they crave the love from Democrats.

Given the regulatory axe driven through the heart of the oil companies, I would not risk trying to explore/ drill for more oil until sane people are back in control of the house and senate. At least that is a start.

I guess there is "profit" with the cash the oil people have, but I'm sure a lot of that money would be plowed back into system to produce more of what we need. I just read about one of those "green" cars going up in smoke and flames, producing a 3000-degree fire that took hours and 30,000 gallons of water to put out. I'll stick to combustion engine for now and let the free enterprise system do its thing in sorting out our energy future. Government mandates on this energy stuff is B.S.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 11:13 AM, Merlot said:

Given the regulatory axe driven through the heart of the oil companies, I would not risk trying to explore/ drill for more oil until sane people are back in control of the house and senate. At least that is a start.

I guess there is "profit" with the cash the oil people have, but I'm sure a lot of that money would be plowed back into system to produce more of what we need. I just read about one of those "green" cars going up in smoke and flames, producing a 3000-degree fire that took hours and 30,000 gallons of water to put out. I'll stick to combustion engine for now and let the free enterprise system do its thing in sorting out our energy future. Government mandates on this energy stuff is B.S.

Few businesses will put new money into their industry when the Governments , plan is to shut them down .

Yes those EV batteries burn hot and long , sometimes reigniting hours later at the tow yard . Normal car fires go out rather fast and the fire company is back in service in a half hour or so, and much of that is waiting for fire investigation to get there . It’s a whole new problem for FDs with much to figure out , and new SOGs to write . The batteries in electric bikes, scooters and such have caused a number of fires in NYC, where I guess they’re popular . One issue is people tend to charge them in the entry ways of buildings , so the fire ends up blocking egress .

Oh well job security!

So, is it also Biden's fault that the inflation and high gas prices are a global problem?
100%. If a republican were in office it is likely Putin doesn't invade. And you may not know that OPEC and all oil sales are based globally on the American dollar. Give credit where it's due.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 8

100%. If a republican were in office it is likely Putin doesn't invade. And you may not know that OPEC and all oil sales are based globally on the American dollar. Give credit where it's due.

So how about this oil is trading at around $100 a barrel. In 2008 it hit a high of around 150

Why are gas prices higher bow than they were then?

Price gouging and fixing by the oil companies

So how about this oil is trading at around $100 a barrel. In 2008 it hit a high of around 150

Crude is only a fraction of the overall cost though. It was higher in 2008. But Right now it's 60% of the cost. That's the issue. It should be under 50%. It was 25% during pandemic

• Like 1

Crude is only a fraction of the overall cost though. It was higher in 2008. But Right now it's 60% of the cost. That's the issue. It should be under 50%. It was 25% during pandemic

So what are the other cost factors that make up the price of gas?

Next you will tell me the cost to transport it. So the higher gas goes the more it costs to move the gas and it compounds

If you are defending Biden on this gas issue, you really need to evaluate your analytical thinking process.

You hitched your wagon to a total loser.  Just admit it to yourself and stop trying to justify your clueless vote.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chef said:

So what are the other cost factors that make up the price of gas?

Next you will tell me the cost to transport it. So the higher gas goes the more it costs to move the gas and it compounds

many factors. This is a good read. Many believe another crash is looming

nytimes.com/interactive/2022/06/14/business/gas-prices.html 

So I sit here reading all these so-called facts and figures from all our resident oil industry tycoons without a word about sources. Please excuse me if I happen to question the validity of it all.

I can only go by the very public video clips of Biden declaring war on the fossil fuel industry. Guess who are the most likely victims of that kind of declaration of war. Why didn't he just declare war on the American economy.

• Like 7

Lol. Nice cherry picking there.

In 2008 oil spiked to $145 a barrel in summer for a very short time due to issues in the middle east and Venezuela. But let's pull out some numbers in 2008. In Dec oil was down to $32. 2022 the lowest has been in the $70s for a short time. Gotta look at this with perspective.

The dollar is worth less due to inflation caused by the US printing money that it doesn't have. Which has been the policy of this white house. Prices of everything are higher which also cause oil to be higher since US workers still have to handle, refine, haul the fuel etc. Are the companies still making money? Of course. It's a free market - would you like otherwise? But did they suddenly get greedy just this year? Um no. They've always been about profit first. Add in all the fuel taxes that have been added since 2008 as well esp NY. Then limit the amount of fuel produced in the US by this administration and there ya go.

And the fact Biden is spending the oil reserves as fast as he can is just kicking this can farther down the road. Do you recall Trump restocking the oil reserves when it went down to $35 a barrel? Awesome move, and Biden is even screwing that up.

Oh and if your trying to remind me that Obama sucked too you don't have to I remember. Also there was a bit of an economic issue in 2008 if you remember. Hmm economy an fuel price issues under Obama and Biden. Almost shocking isn't it. Lol.

You can't shovel enough sod over this shit show Biden has put on. Give the guy credit where it's due he's earned it. And if your argument for this is referring back to 2008 when Biden was vice president and oil was high to show how it's not his fault while he is now President is about as thin as it gets.

• Like 8