Meet Remington "Remmy"

ApexerER

What a cute dog!  I think I am going to send a copy of that to my wife and see if I can melt her heart a little and let a new puppy into our house. 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Otto said:

What a cute dog!  I think I am going to send a copy of that to my wife and see if I can melt her heart a little and let a new puppy into our house. 

I don't know where you are but if you are interested in the info where i got him.....LMK.   I  am just outside Saratoga.  As far as I know he has 6 left, 4 boys and 2 girls.....$550 for a Golden Retriever puppy isn't something you are going to find and was really the only reason i jumped on it....I had been keeping my eye out for a while and never saw anything less than $2000

18 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I don't know where you are but if you are interested in the info where i got him.....LMK.   I  am just outside Saratoga.  As far as I know he has 6 left, 4 boys and 2 girls.....$550 for a Golden Retriever puppy isn't something you are going to find and was really the only reason i jumped on it....I had been keeping my eye out for a while and never saw anything less than $2000

Great dog and price!

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

yeah that's a steal. Our golden live till 15 and he was around that. Just a mom and pop breeder out of the newspaper classifieds (remember those?) when my then gf and now wife were in college. Dog was absolutely amazing. Never sick and never an issue. 

We spent a heck of a lot more this time around... time will tell. 

14 minutes ago, Belo said:

yeah that's a steal. Our golden live till 15 and he was around that. Just a mom and pop breeder out of the newspaper classifieds (remember those?) when my then gf and now wife were in college. Dog was absolutely amazing. Never sick and never an issue. 

We spent a heck of a lot more this time around... time will tell. 

I'm out of likes! I got my first Golden, Zimba out of the newspaper classifieds. He was two weeks from 13 when he passed. I don't remember what i paid for him....I think that was 2001. I got my boy Milo who is 7 1/2 now out off an internet classified. I believe i paid $800 for him...

I found Remmy at a bar....lol.  I was at a bar with my friend Nikki and a guy came in said all the pups were born ok so i started asking questions.....Figured it was meant to be.....!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

I'm out of likes! I got my first Golden, Zimba out of the newspaper classifieds. He was two weeks from 13 when he passed. I don't remember what i paid for him....I think that was 2001. I got my boy Milo who is 7 1/2 now out off an internet classified. I believe i paid $800 for him...

I found Remmy at a bar....lol.  I was at a bar with my friend Nikki and a guy came in said all the pups were born ok so i started asking questions.....Figured it was meant to be.....!

I'm a big nurture vs nature with dogs. That said, I've seen some dogs that just kinda suck no matter what you do. There's always a little bit of a gamble. 

17 minutes ago, Belo said:

I'm a big nurture vs nature with dogs. That said, I've seen some dogs that just kinda suck no matter what you do. There's always a little bit of a gamble. 

True, hard too find a bad Golden or Lab IMO tho....

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

True, hard too find a bad Golden or Lab IMO tho....

i agree. it's the hips and eyes that you're mostly worried about. Even the best dog could be victim to bad genetics as a result of bad breeders and mills. Outside of those places, most of these dogs are great. 

12 hours ago, ApexerER said:

So far, she is standing firm.  We may need more pics!!