All the corn is cut...

growalot

Went to camp and they were finishing up some of the surrounding fields...got home and ALL the corn in the area has been chopped....Yee ha...all those buck and doe hiding in those hundreds of acres of corn will be hitting the surrounding wood lots...apple trees...swamp and food plots....and my little stand of corn :)

a month early...they say the pumpkins are all a month or more early as well...I have to say I'm surprised...because we have had so much rain...the grass wouldn't dry up enough to mow even with a day or two of dry weather...wind is here so I'm hoping for today.....I suppose the silage they chop it for makes the difference?...This will give 4weeks for the critters to clean up those fields and move along...hey fall turkey may be easier ;)

Good Luck all..........

Just noticed yesterday that all the big cornfields to the north of my property have been cut. There are only 2 left standing and one borders my property and the other is ~300 yards away on the other side. Hoping this will help keep the deer on / or traveling through my property this year.

They've been chopping corn here for a couple weeks now. There is 45 acres of corn on one side of my woodlot that I believe they're going to pick, so it'll be there for a while longer. I lease to a farmer who's got 50 acres of soybeans in my fields. I expect those will come off sometime next month. I'm anxious for the corn to go, but would love to see the beans stand all season....not going to happen though.

Talked with the farmer that plants the land I hunt in Monroe....won't be taking the beans for 2-3 more weeks. Has to wait for the leaves to all drop. since they turned yellow deer trafic is down but they are still using it. they are taking all the beans and corn on the block as we speak. Hope to get one good week out of the place. and he planted 20 acres or rye 2 weeks ago so they will be hitting that all bow and gun

Ya I'm hoping that all the winter wheat that they planted in the corn fields grows real fast in the next 17 days...to the point it's not as tasty :D ...they planted it just a few days ago and it's up a couple of inches already!...Rain ..rain...rain and ect...holy cow I have turnips the size of muskmelons

Between the rain recently and the forecast that I saw for next week (sunny & 60's), the winter wheat and rye should grow and green up well. I planted my mix of ww/wr/oats on Sept. 19th and I swear I can see more growth every 24hr's! I hope also it doesn't grow too tall and get stemmy, tough, and unpalatable by the time season rolls around.