Are you FOR or AGAINST a change?

Want to save lives?

Let's start at the top of the list and work down - have a far greater impact in total numbers

rather than going for "if it will save one life".

Might want to work on banning baseball bats too - at least if you apply the logic of some to the statistics.

525977_4025472402953_1425307641_n.jpg

• Like 1

You guys watch one to many episodes of CSI or something. Those hard core criminals make up a small percentage of the criminals out there.

Also, have you heard of the Broken Window Theory? It kind of relates here.

I don't know about TV programs, but when you referenced random shootings and innocent victims, I assumed that you were talking about drive-by shootings. I'm not sure those are a product of TV exaggerations. I think your discription of those guys as teen thugs is probably pretty accurate, and I'll bet they know exactly where to get a gun, and I'll bet what he will pick up will not have been obtained using all or any of the legal procedures no matter how stringent. Somehow, I can't picture those guys going through waiting periods and filling out all those volumes of paperwork, or being finger-printed, and registered, and on, and on. You don't really believe that your typical gang-banger really gives a damn about registration requirements and back-ground checks and all that stuff. There may be some category of killer that may be impacted by new laws, but I think your typical gang member is not one of them.

Making it tougher for criminals won't deter all criminals because the most determined and most resourceful criminals will still get their ways but if it doesn't deter some criminals then I ask you, why do you lock your door when you go to work? I mean, if a criminal is going to break in anyway with or without obstruction, then why don't you just save yourself the trouble of having to fix a broken lock by leaving your front door wide open?

Making it tougher for criminals won't deter all criminals because the most determined and most resourceful criminals will still get their ways but if it doesn't deter some criminals then I ask you, why do you lock your door when you go to work? I mean, if a criminal is going to break in anyway with or without obstruction, then why don't you just save yourself the trouble of having to fix a broken lock by leaving your front door wide open?

Yeah, I understand that my locks are simply a joke to those that are determined to get in. I think the locks are simply to fool myself into feeling better. But I will say that the reason that I have homeowner's insurance is exactly because of the realization that I can't keep a determined burglar from getting in. That is also the same reason why I keep a shotgun in the bedroom.

Gun locks ? Trigger locks are only a deterrent . I couldn't find the key to one of my trigger locks and was going to take the gun out to shoot . It only took a couple minutes to drill the lock and remove it . I also have locks on the gun cases but the cases are plastic . I doubt it would take much to break the plastic near the lock and remove the gun .

It seems that Elmo has been drinking the Ray Kelly/Bloomberg punch.

This has nothing to do with guns from Georgia, and everything to do with the cultural and moral decay of society. Who gives a **** where the gun came from ? We should be concerned with why feral inner city youth, and adderall fogged suburban losers feel the need to shoot people. They both have things in common. ZERO respect for human life, lack of supervision, zero consequences for every time they have ****** up in life... You can't blame Hollywood, video games or any other crap. Blame their "parents", or "parent" as the case may be.

No law or set of laws is going to protect us from people that just don't give a ****. Passing more of them is proof that our gov't doesn't trust us not to act like animals.

***Edited for unacceptable language***

Edited by Doc
  • Like 1

My opinion is what classifies an assault/military weapon is the high capacity mag. Why would anyone need a 30 round mag other than someone who can't hit their target. So i'm in for limiting mags to 4 rounds.

It's not high capacity, it's a standard capacity, ask any Marine or Army grunt.....

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American.... [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.)

Any and all laws pertaining to the ownership of firearms are flatly Unconstitutional, and should be stricken from the record.

• Like 2

Why can't there be change. The change I would like to see is a national gun registry, limit the clip, magazine loads, that can go into a gun and if you own the gun you are responsible for it. I hear many talk about the responsible gun owner gets screwed. Would you be willing to own any gun of your choice but it comes with a disclosure. The gun must be kept in a gun safe that only you have the combination. You want to own the gun fine but if it is used in a crime, taken from your home, you are liable. Now if you are a responsible gun owner no problem those weapons have to be kept in something like a Browning gun safe. You are not getting into that.,.....

Why can't there be change. The change I would like to see is a national gun registry, limit the clip, magazine loads, that can go into a gun and if you own the gun you are responsible for it. I hear many talk about the responsible gun owner gets screwed. Would you be willing to own any gun of your choice but it comes with a disclosure. The gun must be kept in a gun safe that only you have the combination. You want to own the gun fine but if it is used in a crime, taken from your home, you are liable. Now if you are a responsible gun owner no problem those weapons have to be kept in something like a Browning gun safe. You are not getting into that.,.....

At least what you propose is a start.

Implementation of such modest ideas will not doubt reduce the carnage and save innocent lives.

At least what you propose is a start.

Implementation of such modest ideas will not doubt reduce the carnage and save innocent lives.

We're talking about roughly 14,000 gun murders a year of which better than half are a result of gang on gang violence. So that brings us to about 7,000 innocent murders per year with guns, which is almost the same as the amount of deaths by weapons other than gun. So, of 313 million people in the US .0022% of innocent people have a chance of being murdered by a gun.

• Like 1

Many may like this . http://rhinoden.rangerup.com/on-newtown-on-guns/

As for us all owning $3,000 plus gun safes. Well the market has shown few will spend more on a safe then their guns are worth. Then there are ones like my daughter, she owns one 870, so ya 3 grand for a 500 pound safe seems a bit of a reach.Then she moves once or twice a year.

Call me a dinosaur but I kind of think the bad guys should be held liable not the good guys. He breaks into my house, my lessor gun safe and I'm liable if he shoots someone ? What if he steals my car? they ilke to load them up with the stuff they steal,and many hang the keys right by the door to make it super easy for the bad guy.

Now if he runs someone over I guess i'm screwed again .oh crap there is a hatchet in the back seat of the car right now i'm 3x screwed if he uses that.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, you're insane.....never going to happen

1st, you want to save babies, stop abortion

2nd, you want to stop violence, get the ILLEGALE drugs off the streets

you want me to give up my hunting rifles.... you go first

you want people to be responsible for there stolen guns....what if someone steals your car gets drunk and kills 4 or 5 people

with your attitude....you should not be allowed to own a gun

• Like 2

We're talking about roughly 14,000 gun murders a year of which better than half are a result of gang on gang violence. So that brings us to about 7,000 innocent murders per year with guns, which is almost the same as the amount of deaths by weapons other than gun. So, of 313 million people in the US .0022% of innocent people have a chance of being murdered by a gun.

So I guess gun murders can be trivialized and explained by statistics.Tell that to the parents of the 20 children in CT!

So I guess gun murders can be trivialized and explained by statistics.Tell that to the parents of the 20 children in CT!

Nothing like using the death of innocent children to further the anti-gun agenda, and I thought Adam Lanza was the lowest form of a human.

The greatest mass murder by a single person in NY and probably the country killed 87 people. No one talked about banning the murder weapon or holding the manufacturer of the murder weapon accountable. No the weapon was NOT a firearm, that is why it is was not an issue.

Gun control is not about protecting children, it is about protecting the ever growing power of those holding it. Congress and the president are protected by armed guards, why aren't our children afforded the same protections?

• Like 1

I'm sorry, you're insane.....never going to happen

1st, you want to save babies, stop abortion

2nd, you want to stop violence, get the ILLEGALE drugs off the streets

you want me to give up my hunting rifles.... you go first

you want people to be responsible for there stolen guns....what if someone steals your car gets drunk and kills 4 or 5 people

with your attitude....you should not be allowed to own a gun

Very well put.

10 children died the same week of the Newtown victims in Afghanistan due to a mine. This is very typical globally but no one seemed too concerned on Capital Hill.

• Like 2

No I want a "change" I want my rights taken. I want to give up my assult weapons that ARE NOT even assult weapons there semi-automatic rifles to the same people that would, will and can use them against me.

Are you freakin nuts. Obama's whole first campain was this whole "change" thing and it's gotten us real far right?

And I know this IS NOT about O bomb ya but...

They want to limit you to 3 rounds because they know they can over power that.

Some people say "why would you need that for hunting".

Who says everyone wants it for that. Self-Defense against another person with a fireman is the reason I love my weapon of choice. Witch happens to be a semi-automatic AK47. And again you know why I would want that for self defense so when some no brain thug comes pounding your door down with their 22. pistol you can easly out gun him.

• Like 2