Chainsaw

Paula

I just bought a similar saw . A Milwaukee with battery and charger for $200 . I have two other batteries that are the same as the one that came with the saw that fit my Milwaukee Hoodie & Jacket . I have a lot of use for it around the house and trimming where I hunt . 

The chains for mine are fairly cheap and I had to buy some spares. But got 4 for like $20.00. also I've tried to cut things larger than I should with it too. Lol. They are def handy and easy to carry in a pack.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Ok got it! I took most of the branches off, half way up tree leaned another way. 

He pushed it a bit with my back cut, I didn't get angle quite right so it wasn't falling. Batteries died so I had to charge. I just have to finishing cutting up the top and clean up 

Thanks guys 

IMG_20220611_123554536_HDR.jpg

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Paula said:

Ok got it! I took most of the branches off, half way up tree leaned another way. 

He pushed it a bit with my back cut, I didn't get angle quite right so it wasn't falling. Batteries died so I had to charge. I just have to finishing cutting up the top and clean up 

Thanks guys 

IMG_20220611_123554536_HDR.jpg

That’s why I like the corded ones better than the battery ones when it comes to electrics.  If I am out of range of an extension cord, I bring one of my a gas saws and/or my generator (if a ladder is involved).  

On 6/10/2022 at 11:07 AM, Belo said:

i haven't found it to be any different to be honest. I still wear all the same PPE, but only because my hardhat and shield have my muffs attached. If anything the chain doesn't spin as fast which means it stops quicker, which can be safer.

I used the heck out mine this friday to cut down some locust that had been gaining traction in the orchard. The 10" really helps me get in there easily and even 1 handed in some cases. I did think about this thread while I was doing it, because they're so light and plastic that they can feel like a toy. I think that's the important point to note here. It's still a powerful machine even if it doesn't act like a traditional saw. 

On 6/10/2022 at 9:11 PM, Nomad said:

Shorts ,tshirt a six of Genny good to go !

BC45B55A-BA34-4C35-8AB6-9F438F13722A.png

i see safety glasses. Honestly for this kinda work you don't really need chaps. Once he gets it on the ground though, chaps would go a long way. He should have a hat and muffs on though.

I honestly wore chaps friday doing some small brush clearing with a metal blade on my weed wacker because i can still wear shorts and get some air on these hot days while protecting the front of my legs vs going full pants. 

On 6/11/2022 at 8:01 AM, G-Man said:

Dropping trees its best to have a high speed chain an electric saw just doesnt have rpm to cut thru when ut starts dropping, other issue ive had is there is no indication that its  low on power it just stops..at least gas will sputter a bit letting you know its running out of gas. My electric just dies and always at most in oppertune time as tree is leaning.. creating a possible hinge / barber chair situation..  i stick with my gas saws when felling  but electric is nice for limbing and small cleanups .

totally agree. the electric is best for smaller trees and limb work. I always prefer the power and speed of my rancher, but she's heavy, noisy and stinky. If you can afford both in your toolkit, do it and pick the right saw for the job. And get some 4ah batteries too. they're heavier but i've never run dry with just one. I keep a backup too.