A buck called "Flyer"...

WNY Bowhunter

I just put the finishing touches on a heartbreaker buck that I was hoping to put my own tag on last fall. As fate would have it, a late night of skinning and caping other people's bucks caused me to skip out on the second morning of season and this deer was shot on a neighboring property a couple hundred yards away from my stand where I was sitting the previous morning. The last pic was from a series of pics my cell cam sent me that morning. I had no idea what they were dragging out until I met the guy at the local butchershop and he approached me about caping a deer for him that he may end up mounting. When he pulled into my driveway and I dropped the tailgate on his truck...my jaw dropped too. Really wasn't expecting it to be "my deer".  So it goes during gun season in NY...

zIMG_20220610_121307114_2 (2).jpg

zIMG_20220610_121233723_2 (2).jpg

zIMG_20220610_121221613_2 (2).jpg

zIMG_20220610_121214361_2 (2).jpg

IMG_20220610_121328015~2.jpg

IMG_0182 (3).JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

SYFW0224 (1).JPG

SYFW0311.JPG

SYFW0559.JPG

• Like 17

What a great buck!!!

Over the decades, I've missed out on a few bucks I "should" have killed. But I always figured, it just was not meant to be. And I'm good with that.

As always, you did a beautiful job on the mount!!! Your work is second to none.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Wow what a beast.    Great mount too!!!

Any age or dressed weight to report?

Idk if they weighed him? He was a good sized deer... I'd guess he dressed 180-185# range. For age, I guess 5.5, no pics of anything similar looking in '20 but and I'm pretty certain I have pics of him in '19 at 3.5 yo. For sake of argument, we'll say that he's as old as he's going to ever get, lol.