Either stand with us or get out of the way

A foreign country's invasion sized force on US soil? Seriously?

I think you've watched Red Dawn too many times as a kid. Who is invading? Canada? Mexico?

Wait, I got it, China is going to take their one already outdated aircraft carrier and a shit load of transports and drop a million troops on the shores of California!

How do you quote the original meaning of the 2nd amendment (protecting citizens from its government) in one post, and say you're talking about foreign invaders in the next?

The OP is completely correct. And yes we DO NEED 30 round clips. Back in 1992 only 20 years ago there was a very serious situation in L.A. Where rioting mobs were looting, assaulting and killing people left and right. The reason why that's relevant....well what would you want to use in that situation? the government cannot tell us that we can only use a 6 shooter in a life or death situation. Again only 20 years ago. Not the 1700's

Edited by BfloHunter

Sorry Sogaard if it sounded like i was mad at you or something cause i really aint... (i was talking bout anti gun crazies like mike bloomberg)

Sirs i will do my BEST to hear and respect ALL of your opinions... for now its snowing like hell outside and i need to turn in see you all in the morn....

You are wasting my time. You're talking to a United States Marine little guy. You need to get your head out of your Ass. Go catch up on your current events or something.

Oh no, please don't call me names on the internet while telling me of your amazing accomplishments as a man! My ego is crushed by your inability to not sound like you're quoting from the gun-nut handbook.

• Like 1

Sorry Sogaard if it sounded like i was mad at you or something cause i really aint... (i was talking bout anti gun crazies like mike bloomberg)

Sirs i will do my BEST to hear and respect ALL of your opinions... for now its snowing like hell outside and i need to turn in see you all in the morn....

Don't worry, I wasn't offended by anything you said. I just get a lot of the natives restless here because I'm the closest thing to an "Anti" that posts actively. If I was to post the exact same views on a heavily liberal sight, I'd be cursed at for being a gun nut.

Tough to be a middle-of-the-road guy on the internet. ;)

• Like 1

I agree, I do have the United States military looking out for me and every other citizen. You know, the soldiers your militia's are ready to kill if the government gets too oppressive and they need to rise up! My money is on the US Military. I will sleep tight, thank you.

I dont personally own a AR 15 or that type of rifle and really dont want one. But these bans are nothing more than an illusion that the government is making us safe. Just 2 miles from my house a guy killed his sister set the house on fire, and then shot 4 firefighters killing 2 as they arrived at the scene. They make a big deal about he was using a Bushmaster AR 15. But the guy was a convicted felon who killed his grandmother and only served 18 years and then let go. He was not supposed to have any firearms. These people are not going to obey these laws. You cant protect against crazies except to keep them locked up. Dont for a minute think that the goal of many who support gun control is not total confiscation eventually. They just want at the present to seem reasonable with an assualt weapons ban

Now to respond to the quote

The 2nd ammendment is about checking the governments ability to tyrannize the people. Its not about hunting ,target shooting etc. And people always respond that the military is so much more powerful so what could we do. Superior firepower does not guarantee victory. Resolve ,conviction of beliefs and determination will win in the end. Just look at the history of conflicts. How about the Revolutionary war. England was the greatest military power in the world at the time. Remember Vietnam? And also I dont believe the most of the US military would be on the side of the government for long if this government was to become as oppressive as some of the other governments in the world. I believe there are too many freedom and constitution lovers in the military for that to happen.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by doulos
  • Like 1

I agree, I do have the United States military looking out for me and every other citizen. You know, the soldiers your militia's are ready to kill if the government gets too oppressive and they need to rise up! My money is on the US Military. I will sleep tight, thank you.

and what makes you think that a country of roughly 300 million with a gun in every closet wouldnt be a formidable force on any military. and what makes you think that the military will take sides with tyranny and if they did for how long and wouldnt it be nice if we could defend ourselves in that time period? hey wake up im talkin to you!!

I dont personally own a AR 15 or that type of rifle and really dont want one. But these bans are nothing more than an illusion that the government is making us safe. Just 2 miles from my house a guy killed his sister set the house on fire, and then shot 4 firefighters killing 2 as they arrived at the scene. They make a big deal about he was using a Bushmaster AR 15. But the guy was a convicted felon who killed his grandmother and only served 18 years and then let go. He was not supposed to have any firearms. These people are not going to obey these laws. You cant protect against crazies except to keep them locked up. Dont for a minute think that the goal of many who support gun control is not total confiscation eventually. They just want at the present to seem reasonable with an assualt weapons ban

Now to respond to the quote

The 2nd ammendment is about checking the governments ability to tyrannize the people. Its not about hunting ,target shooting etc. And people always respond that the military is so much more powerful so what could we do. Superior firepower does not guarantee victory. Resolve ,conviction of beliefs and determination will win in the end. Just look at the history of conflicts. How about the Revolutionary war. England was the greatest military power in the world at the time. Remember Vietnam? And also I dont believe the most of the US military would be on the side of the government for long if this government was to become as oppressive as some of the other governments in the world. I believe there are too many freedom and constitution lovers in the military for that to happen.

Just my 2 cents.

people like Renegade Hunter? lol

How many laws did the Webster weirdo break? And there are those that think just one more law will do it. Come-on people how many laws did those kids in Columbine break? How many laws did the nut in Newtown break? Anybody seeing a pattern here? How come none of the anti-gunners are talking about those aspects of their beloved gun laws?

The high cap clip: ........ We keep asking, "Who really needs them"? I wonder if the victims of home invasions where some guy is trying to defend his family with his three round bolt action rifle might be able to answer that question, as multiple gunmen finally get his door knocked in?

Not your answer to home defense? .... Fine, but for those who want fire-power to match the force that's coming at them, don't be so quick to give up their right to defend themselves. In fact, given the insanity around us, it makes me wonder if I'm not just a touch under-defended. Sure, it's appropriate to talk about defense against an out-of-control government, or about someday needing enough firepower to have a chance against some foriegn terrorist attack. But read the paper, there are even more reasons for heavier home defense that are going on right now.

How many laws did the Webster weirdo break? And there are those that think just one more law will do it. Come-on people how many laws did those kids in Columbine break? How many laws did the nut in Newtown break? Anybody seeing a pattern here? How come none of the anti-gunners are talking about those aspects of their beloved gun laws?

The high cap clip: ........ We keep asking, "Who really needs them"? I wonder if the victims of home invasions where some guy is trying to defend his family with his three round bolt action rifle might be able to answer that question, as multiple gunmen finally get his door knocked in?

Not your answer to home defense? .... Fine, but for those who want fire-power to match the force that's coming at them, don't be so quick to give up their right to defend themselves. In fact, given the insanity around us, it makes me wonder if I'm not just a touch under-defended. Sure, it's appropriate to talk about defense against an out-of-control government, or about someday needing enough firepower to have a chance against some foriegn terrorist attack. But read the paper, there are even more reasons for heavier home defense that are going on right now.

It seems you think Im speaking out against owning an AR 15. No Just the opposite. I just have interest in other types of firearms. And spend my dollars on different stuff.

Edited by doulos