New article - One Wading Bag to Rule Them All

left field

Random meetings in the woods are usually brief, and satisfied with a simple nod and no slowing of the stride as you walk past each other and carry on to your respective destinations. Not this one.

I was heading down to fish a little-known and unnamed stream near a well-known and aptly named rock-climbing destination when a climber and I met on the trail. He was carrying his ropes, belt, cams and chocks in his equipment bag, and I had my wading and fishing gear in mine.

We stopped. We were carrying the same bag. That’s not such a big deal, as any decent outdoor bag can carry just about anything, but I have never seen anyone else use this particular bag outside of a shopping mall parking lot.

The IKEA Frakta Big Blue bag. It costs 99 cents.

One Wading Bag

IMG_9086.thumb.jpeg.153881c1de2950f1f084b459561a3bc4.jpeg

• Like 2

Well done. Thank you for sharing.

I remember my grandfather visiting from Florida once a year. He would bring only one suitcase, half filled with plastic bags for us to use as our kitchen garbage bags. When my mother sold the house after my father's passing she had a garbage full of bags that she finally got rid of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk