Moose attacks skiers

ANTLERS

Wild is right. Those things can be scary. I took a deer hunting trip to Maine years ago. Early in the morning I was walking down a logging road just as the sun was coming up. There was a huge bull moose standing in the road about 40 yards in front of me. Thats the first moose I had ever seen a moose in the woods. I figured that, like a deer, it would run off the closer I got. Wrong!! It just kept looking at me and stood like a statue. I remember thinking "this could get bad". I got with in 20 yards of him and I finally stepped off the road and stood behind a big tree. He move off after a while. That thing showed zero fear.

Edited by ants

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Padre86
      I'm looking at the big game hunting opportunities in Ontario, CA.  According to the province's regulations, non-residents (with some exceptions) have to hunt bear and moose with a licensed guide.  So, unguided, DIY hunts (at least for bear and moose) aren't feasible up there.

I've looked through a few different guiding websites to get a baseline for the prices that are charged: $3.5k-$6k per person for Moose hunts (depending on the level of guide services); and $2.5k-$3.5k for black bear hunts (again depending on the level of guide services).

My question: are there any guides/outfitters which offer minimal services, and cheap fees, for hunting these animals?  For example, is there an outfitter which takes on a non-resident hunter as registered guest but allows him/her to hunt DIY for a cheaper rate than what is mentioned above?
    • By Sandy Lake
      We are a Newfoundland Outfitter that offer Moose and Black Bear hunts. $4400us
      Contact us anytime .

• By slickrockpack
      Boston Herald nailed it! Bennington Vermont, the best place there is to be! Check it out, enjoy!
      one of the members on here sent me the link to this article, it is spot on but kinda on the tree hugger side of things, tasted that way to me, maybe its just me...
       there are more things I like about Vermont than dislike, but the things I dislike far outweigh the likes, chiefly it's friggin crowded!!
      Maybe someone on here will get new ideas for a visit to the Green Mtns ....I was being cheeky with the reply I sent saying "buy our house there! cheap...furnished...I'll throw in boats and canoe, hunting spots fishing spots, private land access!" but I did enjoy the article. Thanks!
      http://www.bostonherald.com/lifestyle/travel/2016/09/bennington_revels_in_rich_history_modern_charm
    • By Dove Huntress
      Sign the petition:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/832/485/616/veto-s-065889-a-and-a-08790-a/

Mute swans overgraze submerged aquatic vegetation, more impacts of mute swans:

http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/mute-swans.html

• By VT Outfitter
      Whitetail Strategies Guide Service is a Vermont Based hunting & fishing outfitter and guide service. We offer a very personalized guide service to accommodate beginner hunters and fisherman to safely enjoy the great outdoors during a "shoulder to shoulder" guided trip. We also guide small hunting and fishing groups for those outdoorsman that are experienced to enjoy a relaxing, work free, guided trip. Whitetail Strategies Guide Service offers many guided trips here in the Green Mountain State such as:

Archery Whitetail Hunts
      Rifle Season Whitetail Hunts
      Black Powder Whitetail Hunts
      Spring Turkey Hunts
      Fall Turkey Hunts
      Guided VT Moose Hunts For Lottery Winners
      Rabbit Hunting With Beagles
      Guided Cat Fishing Trips From  The Shores Of Lake Champlain
      Professionally Guided VT Ice Fishing Trips

First Aid, CPR, and AED certified and trained
      Small, very organized, customizable guide service
      Very reasonable rates
      Visit www.whitetailstrategies.net to book a trip using the contact us button.