JOIN THE NRA NOW!!!

I don't know about gift cards and such, but there is no doubt in my mind that the most effective thing to do to safeguard our view of the 2nd amendment issues is to join and support the NRA. As long as we remain a fractured faction with everybody running off in different directions, we will continue to be at the mercy of the lunatic gun regulators. They have the position of power both in the media and in the government, and unless we back the only power base that we have, the future is pretty easy to predict.

So those of you who are always saying, "someday I will", ........ Now is the time.

I'm amazed to see even one negative comment about the NRA on here. Anyone who hunts, owns a gun or believes in the 2nd Amendment should realize that the NRA will be the main organization doing all the ground work in the courts and standing up against the politicians who are are now writing anti gun bills.

Plain and simple, like Doc said, we need to become organized and to stand as one.

Joining the NRA and other such organizations are what we ALL need to be doing. And FAST!

• Like 1

Hold on woofer....Are you suggesting that only NRA members deserve to have guns. I just re-read the Second Amendment...no mention of NRA therein.

All gun owners are not alike...Not all gun owners think alike. Some even choose to not support an organization fronted by guys like Ted Nugent and Larry North. So...there will always be fine, upstanding, law-abiding, gun owning citizens who will for any of a number of good reasons choose not to join the NRA.

• Like 1

Hold on woofer....Are you suggesting that only NRA members deserve to have guns. I just re-read the Second Amendment...no mention of NRA therein.

i will suggest it....and stand behind it

If you don't support the NRA, you don't deserve to own a gun

to me it's the same liberal logic as wanting freedom but not supporting the military

When someone tells me I have to do something,guess what,in most cases I won't.This is a prime example.Someone telling me I have to join or I am less than he.Got news for you but would not be proper to type it here...."you feel me"?

I was a member many moons ago,all they want is money,every stinkin week in my mail was a envelope telling me that all will be lost if it were not for my "donation".As a member,did I not already GIVE my donation? Gimme a break.Let the rich folk "donate",I don't have that kind of money and I do not apreciate the way they tried to make me feel if I did not "donate" more and more.You sir,sound just like them.

I am sorry single shot you are right no one should tell you what to do.I should of suggested that if you don't belong its a good time to join now. And i didnt say anything about being a better person because i am a member and you arent.But what are you gonna do when the government tells you that you can't owe that gun anymore and forfeit it over? Or hey that gun that was your fathers that you wanna pass down to your child, you can't, we want that one too. Are you gonna tell them,when somebody tells me to do something I usually don't so I am not giving you my guns? Alls I no is I or anyone that I no who hunts and shoots can't spend all our time trying to defend our 2nd amendment 24/7. This is just a way,besides writing letters to your elected officials, to make a donation to one of the organizations that do fight and care about your right to bear arms. Again sorry to offend you, Joe.

I am sorry single shot you are right no one should tell you what to do.I should of suggested that if you don't belong its a good time to join now. And i didnt say anything about being a better person because i am a member and you arent.But what are you gonna do when the government tells you that you can't owe that gun anymore and forfeit it over? Or hey that gun that was your fathers that you wanna pass down to your child, you can't, we want that one too. Are you gonna tell them,when somebody tells me to do something I usually don't so I am not giving you my guns? Alls I no is I or anyone that I no who hunts and shoots can't spend all our time trying to defend our 2nd amendment 24/7. This is just a way,besides writing letters to your elected officials, to make a donation to one of the organizations that do fight and care about your right to bear arms. Again sorry to offend you, Joe.

I'm glad you explained that in better detail and I understand your stand on the matter.I served my country for 6 years,upon joining,I swore an oath to protect the Constitution of the USA.Even though I served my time and recieved my honorable discharge,I am still expected to uphold that oath,not unlike the same "oath" taken when I married my wife nearly 30 years ago.

The answer to you questions as to what will I do if they come for my guns.....I can only put it to you this way.

Anyone that kicks my door open will be treated as a threat to my person and family and will be dealt with as such.I will go down fighting for my rights and I WILL uphold my sworn oath to the US Constitution.

• Like 2

I had been thinking about joining the NRA for about a year now and fully intended on joining but just kept putting it off. I joined 2 weeks ago I also joined NYSPRA at the same time. In the last week I have also written emails to ALL of my representatives asking them not to pass bills that further infringe on our second amendments right. Not sure how much any of this will help but I will have at least made an effort.

I am not saying that it should be mandatory for anyone who owns a gun to join the NRA or NYSPRA but it is a good time to have someone to help us in this fight. Now I do feel that if you are a gun owner you should contact your representatives and tell them to protect our second amendment right instead of trying to take it away from us.

"Now I do feel that if you are a gun owner you should contact your representatives and tell them to protect our second amendment right instead of trying to take it away from us. "

Already done,as matter of fact,they are quite sick of hearing from me (my locals that is) but guess what....they work for me.

"Now I do feel that if you are a gun owner you should contact your representatives and tell them to protect our second amendment right instead of trying to take it away from us. "

Already done,as matter of fact,they are quite sick of hearing from me (my locals that is) but guess what....they work for me.

I completely agree. I think a lot of our politicians forgot that they work for us and are supposed to be voting for what we want not what they feel is best.

I'm amazed to see even one negative comment about the NRA on here. Anyone who hunts, owns a gun or believes in the 2nd Amendment should realize that the NRA will be the main organization doing all the ground work in the courts and standing up against the politicians who are are now writing anti gun bills.

Plain and simple, like Doc said, we need to become organized and to stand as one.

Joining the NRA and other such organizations are what we ALL need to be doing. And FAST!

The NRA is not a pro hunting organization. In fact a lot of the stances they take have been anti-hunting, especially out west. And don't kid yourself, the NRA is a lobbying group to protect the gun manufacturers, they could really care less about the citizens. Regardless I continue to join, but it is pretty obvious they don't need any additional members the way they piss money away. And that is the only reason there is to join right? To give them more money?

• Like 1

The NRA is not a pro hunting organization. In fact a lot of the stances they take have been anti-hunting, especially out west. And don't kid yourself, the NRA is a lobbying group to protect the gun manufacturers, they could really care less about the citizens. Regardless I continue to join, but it is pretty obvious they don't need any additional members the way they piss money away. And that is the only reason there is to join right? To give them more money?

Why do you continue to join????

Why do you continue to join????

I constantly ask myself that same question. I guess because it's not that expensive and I like the idea of what they should be doing. I sign up for the 3 year memberships every time I renew. That locks me in for a period of time or else I may not be a member right now.

I'm sure you have a follow up question or comment? :biggrin:

No... just wondering why you started off by pointing out things that don't like about the NRA and then say that you keep joining. I found that a little odd, but thats me. You can join or not join any organization you want.

I think I would like to see some evidence of these "NRA anti-hunting stances" rather than just taking your word for it. The NRA makes a pretty big target for the anti-gun forces because the last thing they want to see is the gun owners united and organized. I think you are trying your best to help them out in that effort.