JOIN THE NRA NOW!!!

There you go ..... "Let someone else do it". That's a pretty popular attitude these days.

Now Doc,don't be twisting what I said. That is not what I said,stop beating your chest.I said the rich people,like you.You can afford to pay,pay,pay to the NRA.I choose not to.I buy ammo instead,because there is going to come a day when the NRA will not win and my money will be better spent on ammo.

Second of all,you and a couple others here know what you can do with your elitest attitude toward those who do not "belong" to the NRA.

Now Doc,don't be twisting what I said. That is not what I said,stop beating your chest.I said the rich people,like you.You can afford to pay,pay,pay to the NRA.I choose not to.I buy ammo instead,because there is going to come a day when the NRA will not win and my money will be better spent on ammo.

Second of all,you and a couple others here know what you can do with your elitest attitude toward those who do not "belong" to the NRA.

Ha-ha-ha, some of you guys wouldn't have a thing to say if you couldn't include that word "elitist". That is getting to be the most over-used and mis-used word on this forum. That's intended to be a discussion stopper, but really has no meaning here anymore. But anyway I love your psychic powers to see into my finances. I hate to wreck your little convenient stereo-type, but I am living on a fixed income that is well under the annual income that most people live on these days. But instead of whining about it and expecting everyone else to carry the load for me, I do budget enough money to spend the paltry amount of NRA membership fees to an organization that fights for our 2nd amendment rights in ways that no individual citizen can.

Ha-ha-ha, some of you guys wouldn't have a thing to say if you couldn't include that word "elitist". That is getting to be the most over-used and mis-used word on this forum. That's intended to be a discussion stopper, but really has no meaning here anymore. But anyway I love your psychic powers to see into my finances. I hate to wreck your little convenient stereo-type, but I am living on a fixed income that is well under the annual income that most people live on these days. But instead of whining about it and expecting everyone else to carry the load for me, I do budget enough money to spend the paltry amount of NRA membership fees to an organization that fights for our 2nd amendment rights in ways that no individual citizen can.

Your fixed income and retirement is way more than my unemployment of under 300/wk. I have a seasonal job,will start back in the spring and catch up on things....that does not include NRA,sorry,but that's the way it is.My bills are more important.Oh,my anual income,about 25k. Mortgage close to 1k and truck payment 400.

Edited by Single_shot

I've been a Life Member of the NRA for decades now. Every negative NRA comment on here simply tells me there are a lot of truly uniformed, or leftist brain washed, gun owners on here. If you think anyone else is going to effectively keep the governent from attacking your gun rights, you are sadly mistaken.

Some of you guys would probably curse a good samaritan trying to stop a mugger from killing you. Please don't join the NRA. We don't need members who haven't got a clue.

Your fixed income and retirement is way more than my unemployment of under 300/wk. I have a seasonal job,will start back in the spring and catch up on things....that does not include NRA,sorry,but that's the way it is.My bills are more important.Oh,my anual income,about 25k. Mortgage close to 1k and truck payment 400.

Ok, you win in the poverty contest ..... lol. It's a good thing that computers and internet are free ... eh? (just kidding). Anyway, I didn't want to have you provide a financial statement, and if your budget does not include money for NRA, then that is a situation that you have to manage in what ever way is best for you. It sounds like you may have more pressing priorities than your 2nd amendment rights.

1) Obama plans broad gun control:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-weighs-broad-gun-control-agenda-in-wake-of-newtown-shootings/2013/01/05/d281efe0-5682-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_print.html

2) The media is also anti gun and will be pushing this agenda on a daily basis. There are a lot of sheep out there who are clueless and will join the anti gun push.

3) It's simple. We all need to organize together and fight for our 2nd Amendment rights or they will be slowly but surely eroded.

I constantly ask myself that same question. I guess because it's not that expensive and I like the idea of what they should be doing. I sign up for the 3 year memberships every time I renew. That locks me in for a period of time or else I may not be a member right now.

I'm sure you have a follow up question or comment? :biggrin:

So you don't like what this organization does but you continue to send them money because its inexpensive ??? Got it..... Totally logical.....Thanks..

Enough of this I don't like the NRA, I can't afford it BS!! You benefit from the efforts of our NRA dues, if you know it or not. Stop living off the benefits of our donations and buck up already. Pay your share, earn your own keep.

I have never heard such bs in all my life. You don't deserve your firearms and I hope you are the first to lose them if/when confiscation comes.

You want elitis?? How about this, I won't reply to anyone who does not support the NRA. If your not with us, you're against us.

I think I would like to see some evidence of these "NRA anti-hunting stances" rather than just taking your word for it. The NRA makes a pretty big target for the anti-gun forces because the last thing they want to see is the gun owners united and organized. I think you are trying your best to help them out in that effort.

So it's obvious you have no idea where the NRA stands on hunting and conservation issues. The reason a lot of hunters will not join the NRA is because of these issues. Now personally I don't think the NRA should get involved in hunting issues because I think they should be strictly focused on our second amendment rights, which has nothing to do with hunting. I was just pointing out the facts that the NRA is not a pro-hunting group and it shows. Now it is obvious you are a NRA leg humper who drank the kool-aid and thinks they can do no wrong. I like to hold the organizations I belong to accountable to make sure they are doing what they said they would do when I pay my dues. And when I join for 3 years quit calling me at 10:00 PM and sending me junk mail everyday to re-up. They have way more money then they need.

I feel sorry for them having to work in this shack. I also heard their gourmet coffee fund was running low so why not help out where I can.

The NRA is the largest pro gun, pro Second Amendment Organization in the USA. Thank God for them!!!

Our right to own firearms will be under a massive attack in the weeks and months ahead. Do you want the NRA to work out of a shack and be underfunded so they will crumble when they have to face the powerful anti-gun Obama Administration, media and other anti gun politicans??????????

I really don't understand you line of thinking on this at all................

• Like 1

The NRA is the largest pro gun, pro Second Amendment Organization in the USA. Thank God for them!!!

Our right to own firearms will be under a massive attack in the weeks and months ahead. Do you want the NRA to work out of a shack and be underfunded so they will crumble when they have to face the powerful anti-gun Obama Administration, media and other anti gun politicans??????????

I really don't understand you line of thinking on this at all................

What does your membership in the NRA do to protect your 2nd amendment rights?

Just renewed my membership, it was up in 3 months anyway. For those of you that don't care for the NRA, maybe a membership in the local NY. Scope chapter would suit your needs at least it might help here in NY.

Good point hunter. The truth is there is a lot you can do that is probably more helpful then sending the NRA $35. Those that simply write a check to the NRA and kick back fat, dumb, and happy really aren't helping either.

What does your membership in the NRA do to protect your 2nd amendment rights?

Thanks for asking, that's a good question.

The National Rifle Association is the major advocate for gun rights in the American political arena. That means, when politicans begin to lobby to take away the right to own a certain gun or magazine, the NRA will be there to lobby against that. They will stand up for all gun owners. There other great organizations that stand up for gun owners rights. The NRA is the strongest and my choice.

My membership....... along with the 4 million other members makes that possible.There are strength in numbers.

Being a membership is a privilage. I realize that gun owners need to be united and make a stand against those who would like to take them all away. Hunting, sport shooting and owning a gun for self defense is dear to my heart. I'm on board for safe guarding that right. There are many other benefits to being a member of the NRA as you can see by visiting the NRA site. But being on the team that stands up for gun owners is the real reason for me.

I hope this helps.

GM

• Like 4

Good response GM, and I guess that is why I continue to join also. It is when I review the finances and see what they are doing with my money that pi**es me off. And the fact that they focus more on lobbying for the gun manufacturers when they are funded by members doesn't sit well with me either. If they want to by an industry lobbying group they should be funded by the industry. And they need to stay out of land management issues. If they would just focus on protecting our 2nd amendment rights I would quit complaining.

Oh well... it's been fun stirring things up, I need to get back to the football game.

Dont know what "GM" means. Not sure if its a dig or what, but you have to admit that for you to be so negative about the NRA and still join is a little confusing. Getting back to the game myself. Happy New Year..

That response was to genesee_mohican above yours. Happy New Year to you too.