How Do You Make Your Living ?

Pygmy

Worked on a farm for years, mostly doing lumber and fertilizer while growing up. During college in the summer I worked maintance at a golf course and waited tables at night. During the winter I was snow crew at ski resort. Briefly worked at foundary doing iron castings before I got a job in Law Enforcement

Edited by Guns&ReligionCop

Retired from Xerox in October 1998 . Sometimes I work a couple days a week installing / removing Real Estate signs . Keep paying that SS . I need the money .

Went from high school to 4 years in the Marine Corps and then 35 years with Xerox in Webster . I served my time . Paid into SS ever since I was 14 years old .

• Like 2

Worked at a summer camp all through colege as a maintenance worker. Now I'm working at the same place full time for last 4 years as a carpenter. Best part is I'm outside a lot, have a nice spot to hunt at my job and my partner and boss are both big hunters too.

Dairy Farmer- I specialize in reproduction. I make babies for a living. Embryo Transfer and In Vitro Fertilization are some of the specialized skills I have.

SELF-EMPLOYED DAIRY FARMER SINCE APRIL 1977 , LOVE BEING OUTDOORS

I wanted years ago to get a job milking, would love to be around cows. I just couldn't do it because of the thought of getting cow slobber on me....yuk

CNC turning-lathe. Set-up,run and edit the programs that don't work.Also program when needed.Turning,drilling,tapping,threading,boring,grooving aluminum,stainless,plastics,titanium ..... you get the idea. If I could go back in time I would have planned my carreer differently but I pay my bills and taxes and sleep at night.Not everything is made in China.

• Like 1

I wanted years ago to get a job milking, would love to be around cows. I just couldn't do it because of the thought of getting cow slobber on me....yuk

Cow slobber is the least of my worries- most of my time is spent with a 36" glove on my left hand for protection if you know what I mean...

• Like 1

Cow slobber is the least of my worries- most of my time is spent with a 36" glove on my left hand for protection if you know what I mean...

BIL worked for Eastern Breeders a while back. Went on a few of his runs with him. That was a tough job!!

Seems that Sam and Paula are talking about opposite ends of the cow...<<grin>>...

Had a quaranteed job growing up on a family dairy farm. Paula's fear is rational. Had a cow get me once after laying with her tail right in the gutter slop. She stood up, swung it, and caught me right across both eyes. My dad found that far too amusing.

Now I'm a Civil Engineer doing civil/site work. Been very fortunate to have worked all but 4 weeks in the last 26 years.

My dream job requires a sizeable lottery win, unfortunately. I'd get a nice sized chunk of land to manage for game animals, dig a few ponds, build stuff like a cabin and smoke house, buy tools to putter around fixing things like antique tractors and trying to make a better mouse trap.

Had a quaranteed job growing up on a family dairy farm. Paula's fear is rational. Had a cow get me once after laying with her tail right in the gutter slop. She stood up, swung it, and caught me right across both eyes. My dad found that far too amusing.

This would freak me out and i would just walk away. I would love to have a cow or 2 just for pets. I go up the road to look at the belted cows and black with white faces(beef?)

they are called whiteface cows they are beef.... once i was dipping a cow from behind when i was young and had it crap on my head.... another time i was about 4 or 5 i walked up behind a cow and scared it, it kicked me in the face and i went flying backwards about 6 or 8 ft...... THAT HURT!!!!! also i was charged and trampled twice one when i was about 2 and once when i was about 5...... farming is a TOUGH life!!!!