How Do You Make Your Living ?

Pygmy

carpenter/framer,drywaller,and Acoustical ceilings are my forte.Ben putting up grid by the foot for at least 13 yrs.Got tired of the hustling and busting ass to get descent pay so i decided to join the union hall.Local 277.Curently laid off for the first time in nearly 20 yrs.Tired of sitting.Contimplating starting my own construction buisiness.

My dream job would be making race car chassis for a living.I have built a few 4 cyl superstocks and love building the chassis and engines more than i do racing them any more.LOL.

I'm currently self-employed, full time artist. A lot of people laugh and tell me it must be nice, but let me tell you that I put more hours in now than I ever did working full time anywhere else. No weekends or free evenings! And the extra self employment taxes are killer. It's stressful but I'd rather work my rump off doing something I love, than work my rump off doing something I hate.

I also raise chickens.

• Like 2

Oh Man we just HAD to have a professor!!! LOL

Easy there bucko.......we could use a little class around here, occasionally!!

Edit to add, I'm glad my spell checker is still up and running in case we get graded on this......................

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

Been conducting Marketing Research for the past 30 years in NYC, NJ and CT. While in High School and College I sold shoes at Thom McAnn and worked as an usher at the Astoria Theater in Astoria Queens NYC.

Are you talking about the Astoria's Liberty Theater? That's some history right there!

Im the Pope, tough job but honest work. Started out as a Hitler youth and one day found myself in the Vatican and just worked my way up.

Isn't it true that you were once the chauffeur for God? Or was that just a joke?

Edited by adkbuck

Going way back:

Delivery boy, cashier, zoo keeper, gas station attendant, bar back, bartender, accounts receivables clerk, network technician, systems administrator, computer support supervisor.

EDIT: Forgot about my account receivables days.

Edited by Elmo

Chronologically - Cart boy, shipping department clerk at a publishing company, Bank Teller, Law Office Clerk, Lawyer . . . for last 22 years.

Edit: Would like to add that my kids think I work standing in my backyard as a money tree . . . :fie:

Edited by Deerthug

Going way back:

Delivery boy, cashier, zoo keeper, gas station attendant, bar back, bartender, network technician, systems administrator, computer support supervisor.

Okay, Elmo....I'll go ALL the way back...

Farm worker, laborer( County Highway Dept.), grocery clerk ( A&P STORE), Postal Clerk 3rd class USN, laborer in a pallet factory, Lab Tech, Engineering Tech......

• Like 1

Going way back:

Delivery boy, cashier, zoo keeper, gas station attendant, bar back, bartender, accounts receivables clerk, network technician, systems administrator, computer support supervisor.

EDIT: Forgot about my account receivables days.

man i woulda stopped right at zoo keeper, that must have been AWESOME!
  • Like 1

man i woulda stopped right at zoo keeper, that must have been AWESOME!

It was right after high school. It was the most fun I had at any job but the pay wasn't that great. To move up in position, I needed a college degree. Once I left for college, goals changed.