Brassica Plot

I have a small brassica plot next to a small clover, chicory & alfalfa plot. With all this snow by brassica plot is untouched still. Yet they are digging thru snow to get to the other. I dont get it, brassicas is the cats meow from what I hear and read. Anyone else experience this?

Yea.. With mine it looked like they actually dug it up a bit during late bow season. Just a small little piece probably 3 foot by 3 foot. The rest was untouched, with the tips of the clover and chicory chomped on. The forage oats were done for. Ate a good 8 inches off the tips the whole way through.

'ts thesame as chufa for turkey they don't know to scratch for it so it will go untuched unless discovered by ltghtly disking it.Brassicas it seems it takes deer a year or two to figure out what brassica is and thats its tasty. cold hardy oats,or winter wheat are also exellent winter forages but have been planted and kknow to game for years.. 2 years ago my turnipps were hardly touched this year the greens were gone by november ad ar enow being dug for the bulbs

Bob from Quaker boy told me of the same experience. It seems it took a year before the deer knew the turnips were there. Once they found the field they hit it regularly. Keep it going and have patience they will come. I've seen it where they ate the tops off the brassica all fall and even dug through the snow to get at the remaining tops but never touched the bulbs.

Not all brassica are Equal...ppl say brassica and their minds go straight to purple top turnips....if you planted a commercial mix...I could be a forage type with little bulbv or tough bulbs....

I planted hog radish this year...knowing that the deer would not be use to it I over seeded the plot withWR and some oats...this brought the deer in and got them testing the radish...

On new plots I'll plant the BW which the deer love and in the fall over seed with turnips and WR...Deer like variety..