So I was looking at Game....

growalot

Camera sales....whoo what a contrast in prices...I went to GanderMNT...seeing most stuff I get is free and I'm a review reading nut...besides being...hhhm thrifty....So I did a search on Simmons cam reviews and what a difference in prices....did you know Sears sells game cameras? I didn't...what a difference...

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Simmons-4-0-MP-Trail-Camera& i=613045&aID=503AC3B&merchID=4006

http://www.sears.com/simmons-119234c-whitetail-trail-camera-with-night-vision/p-SPM6607897201?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

Lawdwaz...I explained that before...we have a Gander card....every thing we purchase is on that card...They do promotions through out the year that in creases the points we accumulate...and when you spend 30-40 thou a year ...you get a lot of "reward certificates"...We also never leave a monthly balance...so we do not pay interest EVER...any thing they give us in certificates turns out being free stuff....Then in Jan/Feb...they send us a free itemized report of all purchases..which we use during tax time....

I never carry Cash on me

Sorry growalot, I missed that. I don't always follow your posts real close........

If I had all kinds of "free money" I'd be looking at getting a bit higher end camera that hopefully wouldn't be as aggravating as some of the lower end units. Sometimes (most of the time) you get what you pay for.

I have a Bushnell something or other and it has been pretty good but not as good as my original Scoutguard.

A great deal at Sears isn't going to help you if you need to by from Gander with your Gander Bucks!.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thnks...The post was pretty much a heads up to others looking for cameras....I'm not sure what cam I want to go with next...If any...haven't gotten the Moultries back out yet....As you have seen from the last few years of pic posts...I never get any buck on cam...or rarely...so other than letting me know when doe show in areas they do me little good...

This is just as well as far as I'm concerned....I really enjoy the surprise...none of the buck I've shot over the years were ones I'd ever seen before...adds to the fun of the hunt

Really odd that you don't get any bucks on your cams?? The bucks have to be there......

You say you enjoy the surprise when you kill one you've never seen? Well, you'd really get a kick out of killing one that you've seen on video or still pics. I've got a few that were NOT camera shy. Pretty cool.

I've got video of the big 6pt that I killed this past fall. I'll see if I can load it up. The problem is it was a 30 second video and it is a pain to upload.

I should point out something, I don't target any specific deer, name them or anything like that. I just love to hunt them. I've only been lucky enough to have them walk by a camera then cruise by me at a later date. Two other bucks I have killed I have pics of. The big 10pt 140" stud I killed with the ML in 2010 and an archery buck from a few years ago. I can't find the camera pics from either one right now.

Sorry about the side track growalot.

That's OK Lawz.....Our place is a doe fawning area...the neighbors hold the bucks during the spring through summer months....Those are great bucks and pics...and yes it can be nice to get a pic of a buck you've shot from a trail cam...last years 2011 buck I had the neighbor recognize him........ and send me a trail cam pic..which is nice to have....Now I know what some of his travels had been

Though I know he didn't mean anything by it...but said "you shot MY buck."..he'd been watching him on cams all summer....double edged sword for him...I'll take the surprise...lol

There you go! The neat thing also a out the game cams is it keeps you involved more and the anticipation when popping the cards into the computer to review them is pretty cool!

You never know what or who might be in the area........

So true...it kills me to have to wait for sometimes weeks,before I can get up to camp and pull them cards.I used to have to wait till I got home sunday night before I could view them,that was killer too.

Having cams out gets you off the duff and out walking in the woods and provides you some insight as to what is going on in your woods.

• 2 months later...