Detachable magazines

I have a few hunting rifles, and only 1 has a detachable magazine. It is so much SAFER to unload a rifle with a detachable magazine, than deal with the "contraptions" they designed to build a hunting rifle with non-detachable magazine. These democratic gun grabbers are certainly good at making the world a more dangerous place by trying to ban detachable magazines.

My mossberg, to unload the rifle, I physically need to chamber every round, and unload it by operating the bolt, 1 by 1. That is so much more dangerous than just dropping the mag, and unchambering just 1 round.

My Browning, has a drop out floor plate, and what a PITA is it to load and unload the mag, while it's still attached to the rifle. I even think it's a dangerous design, all to please the gun grabbers.

I have a couple rifles that need to be emptied by cycling each loaded round through the action. I see no problem with safety with these guns. Kind of like my semi auto shotguns, each loaded shell has to go through the action.

I'd not be sweating that one..........

I have a couple rifles that need to be emptied by cycling each loaded round through the action. I see no problem with safety with these guns. Kind of like my semi auto shotguns, each loaded shell has to go through the action.

I'd not be sweating that one..........

Me neither, although I adamantly oppose banning of any detachable mags, because I feel it is simple harrassment of law abiding gun owners.

I dislike detachable mags because they are noisy, more prone to malfunction, and many are just plain cheap and chintzy. My Rem 700 Mountain Rifle is a nice firearm EXCEPT for its cheap detachable mag,which I have to pay close attention to make sure it does not fail to feed. I never had any such problems with any of my hinged floorplate rifles.

Dont worry,after they take detachable mags they will be coming for your other guns next

It's true. They have not changed their minds about eliminating all guns. They have just changed tactics and have found it much easier to accomplish their goals in a piece-by-piece fashion. Magazines, ammo, certain rifles ..... it is so much easier to turn gun owner against gun owner to achieve their gun elimination one piece at a time. Let's face it, that's what all this action against the so-called assault rifles is all about. Many gun owners have no use for those guns and are easily talked into joining the antis in demanding elimination and confiscation of those rifles. I've seen it here on the pages of this forum. I've seen those that would pacify the anti-gun lobby by sacrificing modern sporting rifles. And it is simply based on the fact that it is the "other guys rifle, not mine". All this talk about magazines is the same kind of "divide and conquer" tactic. I think it works, and that the anti-gun people have stumbled onto a successful tactic that will get them where they want to get if we don't start to smarten up. The NRA has been criticized for their "not-give-an-inch" stance. Well, anyone who's paying attention to todays anti-gun techniques might just catch on to the fact that it is piece-by-piece confiscation that has made the biggest strides for the anti-gunners in recent years.

• Like 1

Exactly - it is part of their longer term strategy towards a complete disarming of the American people. Once they ban ARs and whatever "assault rifles" they determine to be the most dangerous, it will soon become clear that there is no reduction in violent crimes. They will then decide that all semi autos are the problem and they will need to be banned. The process will repeat until we are allowed single shot guns and then they will seek to ban those as well. This is why we cannot waiver an inch.

Yea, I grab a cup of coffee and I come back and these idiots are giggling like school girls. Fortunately they are far from computer sauvy

I think its a cop thing. Sometimes being in my office is like being in a 9th grade gym class locker room. I have to admit that I occasionally (well maybe more than occasionally) join in.