unexpected diy

Put an ATI stock on my Ithaca 37. I expected it to bolt on nice and easy. My buddy had a nice happy experience with his Winchester and one of their stocks. Here's the email that I just sent them.

"I received a stock that I ordered last friday. I was expecting it to bolt on considering that it was made for my gun. I had several fitting issues to overcome. 1. Had to file some on the internals of the rear stock to be able to fit the pieces together with the stock bolt started. 2. head of stock bolt was rubbing against the internal space so I couldn't get a 7/16 socket on it per directions. was able to tighten it with a screwdriver. 3. stock bolt bottomed out in threads and stock was still loose. Remedied this by adding 3 flat washers under the stock bolt head. 4. The rear adapter on the fore stock had no cut out for the connecting rod so I cut it out myself. 5. Tightened forestock all the way and it was still loose. Remedied this by fabricating a spacer about 1/8" thick out of pvc pipe.

In the end, the stock fits well and works but I really didn't expect to have to put this much effort into it.

You owe me 27 cents for the washers."

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what their response will be.

I have sent Ithaca a few emails concerning a barrel for my Ithaca model 37. All I can say is they aren't prompt. I have gone days before I get a response from them. And yes they will probably want you to send it back. That is what they tell me. Send us your gun and we will get you a barrel. Lol. Good luck!!!

I have sent Ithaca a few emails concerning a barrel for my Ithaca model 37. All I can say is they aren't prompt. I have gone days before I get a response from them. And yes they will probably want you to send it back. That is what they tell me. Send us your gun and we will get you a barrel. Lol. Good luck!!!

He didnt have an issue with Ithaca.