Feeding Deer not for Hunting

Guns&ReligionCop

My Dad watched a fawn one time reach under the wire around his garden and grab a habinaro pepper off the plant. Which was immediately spit out followed by a bunch of head shaking. :biggrin:

The first time I put my mixture on the plants and saw the chew a little that is what they did also.

They used to suggest hanging bars of soap . Don't know if it works or not .

I did this one year around a small food plot i was using to experiment with planting in the shade. It worked, the deer stayed away from it, even for a week or so after I had taken it down. Once a real good rain washed the smell out, the plot got hammered. I used chunks of Irish Spring with holes bored through them and strung on a string.

• 2 weeks later...

only thing that works for deer is electric staggered fence. first one has a single electric strand at 2.5 feet and the next fence is about 3 feet in and about 3.5 feet tall not necessarily electric. works mostly due to the deers vision, giving them to illusion it's something they can't jump.

I have a 4' high welded wire fence around our garden. Then I have two strands of electric fence .... 1 at 4" off the ground and one along the top of the welded wire fence. The deer have figured out that that is not an area to even go near. The squirrels and chipmunks, well, they only get one chance if they want to try. That's their last.

There was a recent ruling in Sullivan County Supreme Court stating that it was legal to feed deer as long as you are not hunting them. It was also stated in the resolution that you can feed deer out of hunting season as well.

http://law.justia.co...p-op-22243.html

Very interesting,So the next time I fill my birdfeeder I'm breaking the law.