Cameras and the cold.

I changed the card in my camera today, more videos of same does and same buck. I haven't seen the big 8 pointer I am looking for. He may not have made it through. I noticed coyote tracks in the fresh snow right in front of my camera, no pictures? I guess my camera doesn't see everything!

sent it back just waiting on my check to go pick another up. been looking at the bushnells.

Covert MP6 for a good, cheap cam. Can't stress this enough. I am sold on the 2012 line. While I am not a true brand loyalist, I do support specific models in a model year or a model lineup. The 2012 Covert lineup is bottom to top, top to bottom the best proven line across the board (I don't include Reconyx in the conversation).

If you absolutely must have video and need one cheap, then Spypoint G4 from Gander.

But, I strongly suggest the Covert line - 2012 clearance cams are great.

Sportsman's Guide has MP6 for $107.

Covert MP6 for a good, cheap cam. Can't stress this enough. I am sold on the 2012 line. While I am not a true brand loyalist, I do support specific models in a model year or a model lineup. The 2012 Covert lineup is bottom to top, top to bottom the best proven line across the board (I don't include Reconyx in the conversation).

If you absolutely must have video and need one cheap, then Spypoint G4 from Gander.

But, I strongly suggest the Covert line - 2012 clearance cams are great.

Sportsman's Guide has MP6 for $107.

Sweet Ill look into it thanx.

think my Bushnell is frozen. no pictures since Sunday, i am letting it thaw/warm up

I think im going with the bushnell also. Cant beat the rating those things have. Got my money back in a dicks gift card the other day. Whole process was rather painless and well worth the 20 bucks. Just called it in, they send you a return sticker and you ship it out UPS and a few days later you get your money back. Will definatelly be buying from dicks again.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have 2 Reconyx cameras. Have left them out in temps down to -20 and they work perfect like always. I've tried just about every camera company known to man and nothing works as good as reconyx. I know they are expensive but soooo worth it!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• 7 months later...

I have a Hunten. Has worked in single digit temps. Not sure how well it will do after that. The number 1 concern I have is the lower current of batteries in cold weather. At some point, all batteries stop operating; especially if they are low on charge to begin with.