? for you techi's...

growalot

I am cleaning house sorta speak...so I went in and down loaded a bunch of photo files to a zip drive(?)...any ways when going through the process I inadvertently started a down load for a cd disc...stopped it ...and continued...got all I wanted transferred done to the zip...so those saved I sent photos to trash...

Well Mr B noticed the "you have CD ready for copies" notice and asked if he could get rid of it..OK...he then asked if he could erase the trash bin....OK...

The whole time my new kindle was in the room and off...got into it this a.m. and wow....lots of storage gone...I looked around and hit photos...I had not used this yet....and there were all of the deleted photos...

So...how did that happen and should it worry me...that it could happen? because of WiFi and the fact I carry it with me...

Thanks Monk...What I don't under stand is how the files ended up on the kindle in the first place...and the kindle had not been on that day...it was just sitting in the same room as the computer I was working on....the USB drive was plugged into the computer to receive the down loaded pic files....then I deleted those files...how did they get on the kindle??

Don't know about Kindle. I have the Nook. If you hit the power button on the Nook, they don't shut off. They go into a sleep mode. To completely shut down the Nook, you have to hold the power button down for a few seconds. not sure if the Kindle is the same way.

I was gonna say that it sounds like your kindle may have been hooked up to your PC and you saved the photos to it instead of the thumb drive you thought they were going to. Sometimes tablets, phones, etc can show up and look similar to a thumb or usb drive. I would make sure your kindle isnt attached to the PC and then hook up your thumb/usb drive and make sure the pics are on there.

Thanks Guys.....WNYBH...did that all pics were on the USB drive...I triple checked before deleting the files on the Kindle.....

No laughing about Gremlins....Mr.B and I have been discussing recently..... the very strange things and sounds happening in the house...just last night we were checking out the duct work for certain noises....lots of unexplained foot steps up stairs while he the dog and I are sitting in the kitchen...freaking us both out a bit..The sound of things dropping...and unexplained smells...no not after eating chili or broccoli...those I'm use to...lol