Looking for someone to come and plant a corn plot for me on my property this year? im located in genesee county. i can plant and grow every other type of plot food just dont have the knowledge or equipment for corn. if anyone is willing and interested please let me know.

Why not cash rent it then? Have them pay you to plant the corn.

I agree with growalot. I planted a small area last spring, and just used my roto tiller (dont have a disc) to break up the top soil then ran over it with my tractor to pack it down. you would never know the diffrence on how it was planted.

I do get weeds but the corn grows fast enough that it's not a problem....I tend to over seed the areas due to a lrg turkey and grackle population...which pull young plants and dig seed.... crows too but grackles are notorious corn stealers...

Now I have been experimenting with this for several years now...RR corn...that costs 1-2 hundred dollars a bag requires a signature to pledge not to re use the seed for future plantings...there's a reason they do that...it's genetically modified...the seeds it produces carries the genes...which is why farms have a problem with volunteer growth in fields...Most... not all corn grown today is RR...they sell the product for animal feed...as a buyer of animal feed there is no contract signed saying I have to feed the corn to animals...once I buy it..... it's mine to do as I please....

I have tested small areas of my plots with rr and the corn plants survived...but due to my practices I haven't found the need to spray an entire plot...though I do spot check for deadly night shade and have no problems spot spraying that in the fields....

You wont get nice little rows.... but the deer will be in it non stop....On ground that has had crops such as brassica you will need higher nitrogen....going in and laying down urea when you do your weed spray down would be advised...after a 2 week kill wait, you can go in and disc the field...lay down a 15-15-15 fertilizer at this time...what you want are good furrows made by the disc...then fill your rotary spreader and drive the field...You have to get a feel for how much seed to use..its much more than if you used a planter but I can do a half acre with 2/3 bag of corn....I then go over the field again with the disc barely touching the ground....next I flip my drag to the flat side and drive it one more time...all seed germinates and because it's at different depths it does so at different times...So if the critters hit it hard...you'll still get good growth....If you have a drag with good teeth you can skip the second discing and just drag it with teeth down...also if you have a cultipacker (sp)you would do well to use it...seed will sit on top...and it will look like more than it really is....

Last year I planted a combo of sweet sorghum....sunflowers...and Quail heaven soybeans....I underestimated the amount of sorghum due to the sun flowers..and knowing I needed space for the soybeans to get light and climb...the critters wiped out the sunflowers completely...but they just could not destroy the soybeans...which kept them coming in non stop...later in the summer I walked turnips in the plot...

This caused a major increase of weeds due to not being able to spray and the more open growth let the sun in ...but fortunately one of them happened to be vetch...which deer also like......That area will need lots of spring spraying but less nitrogen due to the soybeans vetch and hemp...Oh I planted hemp there as well...deer never allowed it to grow more than 6" ...Hemp grows 6ft in 60days ...first time planting hemp...the deer went absolutely crazy over it....I have pics of past plantings and posts you can go back and read in this section...good luck

That really depends on how you've got the property set up...They say a small soybean plot will get wiped out and turnips as well but I don't find that here and we have a lot of deer....When planting in "blocks...and planting so the deer tend to browse through...one plot to the next....... with plenty of native foods around as well they tend to travel as opposed to linger....If they do take the soybeans down to stems...they will leave them alone and the plant get a good regrowth...but I don't plant for the beans...Also the use of Milorganite helps a lot....now those are annuals...my perennial plots...they wipe out before the middle of bow season

Its fine if u have limited area. Doing nothing gets u nothing. I got a bag of seed from pheasants forevers site. It was a blend of sorghums, sunflowers and corn. After I spread the seed I added triple 15 fertilizer. Then just before or during rainfall I would spread 37-0-0 fertilizer. Its all nitrogen. That worked well. I hunt on my 3acres behind my house. I have 3 different plots. The one I mentioned, clover, chicory & alfalfa, last was brasssica's. All worked well except brassica's. They are all still there. Again anything u do helps.