All about electric cars......

Doc

On 6/16/2022 at 12:38 AM, Larry said:

I winter in cold temperature they can lose UpTo 40% of there power just like any other battery. Ask the people who were stranded on I95 and there batteries ran down and they had to ask people with gas powered cars if they could warm up in there cars.

One would hope that the media would confront those pushing electric vehicles...government people pushing this stuff and put them on the spot. I am not against innovation, but rushing into this is not a good idea. We're not set up for all this. 

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

The media has been a propaganda machine for the leftists pushing all of this stuff for years now.  This is just more proof of it, yet some people still haven't wised up to it.

On the subject of EV, the media has pushed fear mongering about ev failure, not success. The auto industry seems quite onboard with EV. They are gonna make alot of money with them. Alot more propaganda against EV then for them.

EV may not be for everyone,  but neither are duramax, and Cummins diesels. Their is a guy who drives an uber EV,  and charges his vehicles,  free to him at the dealership. Good choice for him.

Daily commuters, back and forth to work, retired person who only goes to bingo twice a week. Someone who is putting 6k a year on a vehicle. Lot of reasons and uses for EV. 

For the record I’m not against EVs , cars or fire trucks , but we’re not at the point we can just “ switch over “ and we certainly don’t have the power grid  to charge them up if everyone had one .

Now when we were in Sarasota last winter, you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting a Tesla, made sense, year round sun ( and big money people ) put solar on your roof and it’s all set for around town . Not sure I’d wish to evacuate a hurricane in one though . 

oh full disclosure, I own Tesla stock , don’t tell me, I haven’t looked at it in months …..

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

For the record I’m not against EVs , cars or fire trucks , but we’re not at the point we can just “ switch over “ and we certainly don’t have the power grid  to charge them up if everyone had one .

Now when we were in Sarasota last winter, you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting a Tesla, made sense, year round sun ( and big money people ) put solar on your roof and it’s all set for around town . Not sure I’d wish to evacuate a hurricane in one though . 

oh full disclosure, I own Tesla stock , don’t tell me, I haven’t looked at it in months …..

I am not against electric powered vehicles either, as long as I am not waiting 40 minutes for one to charge, or my house doesn't burn down while I am waiting for the batteries on the fire trucks to charge up. I just want to know all the angles on these things before we start pricing fossil fuels out of existence. Doesn't that seem like a much more rational approach than declaring war on fossil fuels and hoping for the best without knowing all the facts and limitations of the arbitrarily mandated switch over.

The other thing that no one seems to want to talk about is the percentage of homes that are heated with fuel oil. And how about the idea of declaring war on the primary ingredient in every plastic part manufactured? The list of questions and potential deadfalls involved in covering our eyes and hoping that we get lucky and some miracle occurs that solves all of the potential unintended consequences.

I don’t even like electric powered boats.  I took only an electric outboard with me on a fishing trip on Easter weekend this year.  It sucked whenever the wind picked up much more than a light breeze.  I was a much happier camper on Memorial Day weekend with my 2 stroke gas outboard.  I lack the patience required to be content with electric primary power for any type of motor vehicle.  Electricity is just fine for secondary power, but it is ludicrous now and always will be, for primary power.  

That said, there may be a place for hybrids, but I don’t think mankind will ever get smart enough or politically aligned enough to pull that off.  We are heading down the full electric road and there is probably no turning back.  
E7CBF58B-CFFA-41B5-93CD-B9E0DC5FF5BD.thumb.jpeg.56ad467d99f5c14856f8e8e099cb0754.jpeg