Assembly gun bill

There is a section that applies to shot guns. Semi's with a pistol grip, thumb hole stock, a capacity larger than 7.... don't remember all of them.

The way I read it

Any semi (rifle or shotgun) regardless of capacity that has any one of aforementioned features would considered an AW....

in addition, any shotgun with a capacity of 7 rounds regardless of features.

while listening to this it appears this still really sucks, but not as bad as we may have thought. No confiscation, only registration. future sale ban of 10 round mags but current mags can be kept, you do not need to modify, but are only allowed to load 7.

How freak'n stupid is that? If you have a 10 round mag you can only load 7 rounds. Hear that bad guys???!!! That should put an end to criminal scum using their illegal hand guns. I think this is all about getting "assault weapons" registered and trackable. And don't forget the registration fees that will follow.

Edited by ants

you can watch it live here http://nystateassemb...d=2&event_id=81

Thanks for the link. They are embarrassing the law makers with questions they are not prepared for. Loving it.

769 homocides in NY

5 were long guns.

Address the homocides and violent crimes people, not the tools.

Edited by PostedBoys Gallego
  • Like 3

How freak'n stupid is that? If you have a 10 round mag you can only load 7 rounds. Hear that bad guys???!!! That should put an end to criminal scum using their illegal hand guns. I think this is all about getting "assault weapons" registered and trackable. And don't forget the registration fees that will follow.

WTH!!!!!!!!! as if anyone would listen to that.....

I can't get to that link for some reason. Did they happen to mention how many of those long guns were "assault rifles"?

No i didnt catch that part....

i noticed it says it was the downstate guys that were for gun control.... you downstaters elect some real idiots!!!

Edited by josephmrtn
  • Like 1

Up to 5, maybe. The only answer they have against all the questions go along the lines 'I repeat, the State troopers provided this info' in regards to the characteristics of an assault rifle. Also when asked if this law was in place a month ago, would it have prevented Webster or Sandy Hook, the response was No.

i wonder if it's just a move to say "look what we did" and it wont be enforced. I'm concerned though when i get pulled over for speeding and notify the officer i have a handgun on me... is he going to count the bullets?

it's amazing to see the difference in opinion between "the city" and the rest of the state's representative. There are some good arguments being made about the mental health registration violating obamacare too.

Edited by Belo

i just finished reading :read: the entire section. I like the penalties for gun crimes and the mental health amendments but the rest is so confusing (even for me). :fie: I'd love to see how law enforcement is going to enforce this. The confusion is going to result in so many legal challenges.

I think you and I both know it will be "arrest everyone, and let the courts settle it."

• Like 1

Do you realize now how many individuals will NOT seek voluntary mental health treatment because of the way the bill is written? Anyone who owns a firearm who might think they need some help from the shrink doctor will now think twice about getting it. You could go in to get some help for depression and or anxiety and at the same time be banned from owning any firearms by the way this new mental health law is written.

Edited by Clifford

Do you realize now how many individuals will NOT seek voluntary mental health treatment because of the way the bill is written? Anyone who owns a firearm who might think they need some help from the shrink doctor will now think twice about getting it. You could go in to get some help for depression and or anxiety and at the same time be banned from owning any firearms by the way this new mental health law is written.

OMG this was just brought up on the floor

Some of the people that voted and gave their opinions didn't sound too swift . Where the hell did that one person get the "weapons of mass destruction" thought .

And for those that talked the "protect the children line , from 2002 through 2009 , there were 1,004,127 abortions in New York State alone . Who protected these children ? Over one million lives cut short by doctors through abortions but that's okay ?

http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/states/new_york/

• Like 1