Assembly gun bill

What about this back ground check for ammo? I jut got home from working 13 hours, havent read every post yet. Dnt really feel like it, lol. Is that for certain caliber, or all caliber?

Apparently all....check out a post call "New Yorker Stripped of Rights, Freedom"

Please explain this to me in a way i can transfer it to my dad at work. We own a mossberg 835 and a marlin 22. The marlin is a lever action tube fed and holds more than 7 rounds, what happens to our guns!. Also how would we purchase a 30-06? Oh and my grandfather signed my father all his rifles over to my dad in his will, they arent asault, all hunting weapons, how would he get them to us..

Shotguns are fine so long as they don't have a pistol grip and more than 7 rounds if they are semi auto. Pumps are not affected. Tube fed .22s are also not affected. You can legally transfer them to immediate family members. Any other in state transfers have to go through an FFL.

Edited by Jeremy_K

Shotguns are fine so long as they don't have a pistol grip and more than 7 rounds if they are semi auto. Pumps are not affected. Tube fed .22s are also not affected. You can legally transfer them to immediate family members. Any other in state transfers have to go through an FFL.

I think the 7 round capacity was a separate characteristic from the others... IE pistol grip etc. so it's not and.... If it holds 7 rounds. Double check that one.

Good luck with your private transfers though ffl's. The gun shop owners i know said no way will they spend the time,do the paperwork and put your gun on their books, so you can sell it to another. they are not in business to handle your private sales.

Great! More proof of how NY gun owners stick together! they charge for the transfers right? And a pretty penny for their minor paperwork too! I've done it many times on sales to residents of other states via online sales. No big deal for a charge of $40 to $50 for 15 minutes of work.

Find an FFL that isn't an A-Hole.

Great! More proof of how NY gun owners stick together! they charge for the transfers right? And a pretty penny for their minor paperwork too! I've done it many times on sales to residents of other states via online sales. No big deal for a charge of $40 to $50 for 15 minutes of work.

Find an FFL that isn't an A-Hole.

I read the bill several times at work today, and it says the FFL cannot charge more than 10 dollars for doing the background check. But they will still be A-Holes about doing them. lol

They put that in the bill so FFL's won't do it. It's pretty easy to tell the FFL I'll give you 40 more reasons to do it for me. I'm willing to work with FFL's that want to fight this crap. They need to stay in business and we need them to buy from too.

ok lets stop trying the figure out how to live with it and get on to correcting it. first thing we all can do is hunt somewhere else. we all spend alot of money every season in licenses. all guns and ammo is taxed by the feds and distributed to the states by licenses count. now if cuomo and his gang wants up to continue funding his park and rides i mean fishing acsess, the tree hugger nature trails, and fixing the deer population that appearantly cornell cant, the cuomo gang will have to rethink it, otherwise im sure pa, ohio, new hampshire, even canada will be more than pleased to take our money. and if enough hunters get on board it is a LOT of money, bloomberg amounts.

Good luck with your private transfers though ffl's. The gun shop owners i know said no way will they spend the time,do the paperwork and put your gun on their books, so you can sell it to another. they are not in business to handle your private sales.

Good for them!

Do you realize now how many individuals will NOT seek voluntary mental health treatment because of the way the bill is written? Anyone who owns a firearm who might think they need some help from the shrink doctor will now think twice about getting it. You could go in to get some help for depression and or anxiety and at the same time be banned from owning any firearms by the way this new mental health law is written.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind as I was reading that part. How many disturbed people will this law keep from seeking help with their mental problems? I agree with the intent of the mental health clauses in this bill, and I have no idea as to how to achieve what they are trying to achieve in any other ways, but I have to believe that this stuff just may have made the situation of wackos with guns actually worse instead of better.

so all of us that have the ruger 10/22 are now felons and we cant use the rifle which suck balls big time. it might be the time to leave this state

Absolutely not, read the bill. A basic out of the box stock Ruger 10/22 with no modififactions isnt even grouped with the assualt weapons ban. They also already make 5 round clips for 10/22's

Absolutely not, read the bill. A basic out of the box stock Ruger 10/22 with no modififactions isnt even grouped with the assualt weapons ban. They also already make 5 round clips for 10/22's

It shouldn't matter people bought these guns LEGALLY and they should be legal even if you made modification. These guys are slowly taking all our rights from us. If you put a scope on the gun you modified it?? These are the crazy things that they will go after next if we don't stop it now.

Edited by biggamefish

Today my glock 23 is loaded with 14 rounds of Black Talon, same for tomorrow and the next day and the next.

you've been illegal since 94 then.

My real concern with some of the mental stuff goes like this.

pre-act

"hunter and hangun owner goes through bad divorce and bankruptcy. Not doing too well seeks help, gets help and gets back on his/her feet."

post act

"same scenario, but now they dont seek help for fear of guns being taken away for 5 years without ability to appeal. Gets worse without help and goes nuts"

the mental health stuff is a good part of this bill, but it's very broken and may make it all worse... because again, the truly insane wont give a sh!t about the law.

First step is registration....next will be confiscation. They are just waiting for another excuse.

they've already been confiscated. You cannot sell them in state and when you die you cannot hand them down and must sell them out of state or turn them in. Guess what will happen someday? you will die. Then if Obama bans interstate sales....

Does anyone know how private sale will work... I know dealers can't sell them but can we buy them via private sales via FFL and then register it? Visa Versa if you want to sell one can it be an interstate sale?

you cannot sell assault rifles period within the state. I dont know how non-assault weapons will work. I believe it will be similar to how handguns are sold today.

Edited by Belo

it's difficult to read only in that the formatting is compressed. in reponse to previous posts though, i read it as every 10 round clip that would be in a semi-auto 22LR would be banned. you have a 1 yr to get rid of it, but it's still banned. you can't just shove something in it to take up the space either as the would still be a mag that is easy converted back which isn't permitted from what i read. tube fed 22LRs are exempt but there's got to be 1000's of 22LR rimfires out there in NY with clips (obviously capable of holding 10 rounds) and are now useless.

According to the laws of the State of New York, a magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds manufactured after September 14, 1994 cannot be legally possessed by anyone other than a law enforcement officer.

see Belo my 13 rounders were made before 1,994 and could be legally possessed .

And I will strap it back on after the gym this morning as well .