Nobody will ship anything to NY right now

my guess is that they probably aren't set up yet to process the checks yet. This thing was rammed through so quickly I doubt that the ammo background check system is even implemented and I doubt that stores have had a chance to set it up so quickly. I suggest driving to PA or NJ and stocking up.

I went on Midways sight last night to order a reloading press and supplies. They cancelled it saying they will not ship to NY. Oye.....

A friend of mine from Rochester (also a member here) posted this on another forum this morning:

Take a breath everyone...Midway is just being the jerks that they have been,prior to all this mess they wouldn't ship loaded ammo to me.

Just got off the phone with MidSouth and they are still shipping to NY for the next 60 days as far as loaded ammo and they think they will be able to continue shipping components in the future...they have a lawyer going over the bill

Any how if you need some thing and they have it they WILL ship

Sounds like MidSouth will be our friend!!

I think there's going to be a grace period for everyone to adjust to the new law. I think once the dust settles and everyone has a clear idea of the law, companies will begin maximizing their sales again by capatilizing whatever loopholes there might be. I even think some companies will start manufacturing 7 round clips.

I even think some companies will start manufacturing 7 round clips.

that only helps current arms. The way I read the law, any new sale must be capable of ONLY using a mag that holds 7 rounds. So I don't think you will be able to buy a glock and have them slap a 7 round mag in it unless it won't accept the old 10 round mags or higher. that will required retooling fo a NY only compliant gun. How many wil do that? I don't know but I bet some won't and the ones that do will take a while

Could all the Cabela "back orders" be a ruse to keep customers at bay...until a month down the road when they ooopps sorry need to cancel your order?....hhhmmmm

Less damaging then an all out statement we won't ship to NY or sell that ammo at all....Smart PR staff would know this..

Before, the dealer would have to call it in. Some stores are now computerized. Last time I was there for a firearm, my local gunshop had a computer kiosk setup. I sat there and typed in my information and filled out an online form. Sat back and waited 15 minutes. Store got a notification that I've been cleared. This was for a firearm though. I am really hoping this isn't going to be the case if I want to simply buy a 20 round pack of 308's while at the shooting range.

Has anyone tried buying ammo in a store. What's the background check like? Are they even doing it yet?

I just (an hour ago) bought a box of .40 S&W. No back ground check but I had to show I.D. They have never ID'd before. The cashier said that it was their new policy since the Cuomo rape.

• Like 1

that only helps current arms. The way I read the law, any new sale must be capable of ONLY using a mag that holds 7 rounds. So I don't think you will be able to buy a glock and have them slap a 7 round mag in it unless it won't accept the old 10 round mags or higher. that will required retooling fo a NY only compliant gun. How many wil do that? I don't know but I bet some won't and the ones that do will take a while

NYC has a ridiculous 5 round limit but they allowed me to purchase and register a Ruger 10/22. All I had to do was submit a receipt showing them that I purchased a 5 round magazine from Brownell's. Of course nothing can stop me from running up to Westchester and buying a 10 round clip and paying with it with cash so there's no record of it.

A friend of mine from Rochester (also a member here) posted this on another forum this morning:

Take a breath everyone...Midway is just being the jerks that they have been,prior to all this mess they wouldn't ship loaded ammo to me.

Just got off the phone with MidSouth and they are still shipping to NY for the next 60 days as far as loaded ammo and they think they will be able to continue shipping components in the future...they have a lawyer going over the bill

Any how if you need some thing and they have it they WILL ship

Sounds like MidSouth will be our friend!!

Thanks for the heads up, ordering mine from them now, its $30 cheaper than midway anyhow. The only bummer is its on backorder for a few weeks. At least Ill still get it.

This is really laughable...to a point....hhhmmm history gave us booze runners...tobacco runners... drug runners.....gun runners and now ammo runners will be the thing

Who do you think Cuomo has in mind to erect the border fences?...distant cousin?

Well if wishes are answered...mother nature will intervene before he totally tips

I just (an hour ago) bought a box of .40 S&W. No back ground check but I had to show I.D. They have never ID'd before. The cashier said that it was their new policy since the Cuomo rape.

Was it just for age? Or did they write some information down?