alittle clarity on new gun laws...

I currently own a Benelli M4 semiauto shotgun. There is no clip, but there is a pistol grip. How I read this is you have to have a clip and one accessory. Not trying to read to far into it, but is this considered an assault weapon?

All semi auto shotguns with a pistol grip ( or thimbhole) need to be registered regardless of magazine capacity (Unless you go buy a new stock)

This is rediculous... The link I posted shows a pump action with pistol grip as a banned feature. Regarding semi's, if the context is correct it doesn't matter if its fixed mag or detachable, why write that in there. I truly believe the intent was fixed mag in excess of 7 plus one feature. But it's not written that way.

• 3 years later...
I haven't seen any official updates to this:
Q: Can I continue to buy 10 round magazines?
A: Yes, the SAFE Act does not affect your ability to continue to buy 10 round magazines
Q: How many rounds can I put in my magazine?
A: While at a recognized range, whether you are there for recreation or for participating in shooting competitions, you may load the full ten rounds into any magazine you have. Starting on April 15, 2013, you are limited to putting 7 rounds in the magazine in all other locations.

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Just saw this thread rekindled. I'd like to clear up that only 7 rounds in a handgun is now gone . Only up to a 10 round magazine is in fact still legal but can load it up to 10 with one in the tube.

do you have a link or website on this?  

i've been running the 7+1 and would like to go 10 +1 up at my house[yard range]

4 minutes ago, rachunter said:

do you have a link or website on this?  

i've been running the 7+1 and would like to go 10 +1 up at my house[yard range]

I'm absolutely positive they revoked the 7 round/mag part of Safe act. I post a link awhile back on another thread. Totally positive !!!! It was more than a year and half ago I think they changed it.

rachhunter: Here is the link to the safe act question & answer page.

turkeyfeathers: I hope you are right...I can't open the Yahoo link you posted...says it is forbidden????

I have been carrying seven when out & about. At home if shooting I do what I want.

Yahoo! Help
 Forbidden

This link is not authorized by Yahoo.

Copyright © 2016 Yahoo Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service

Edited by Steve D

14 hours ago, wheelieman said:

It depends on where in the state you reside. The 7 round rule still excisits in most of the state. The Buffalo area is where the law was lifted. I live in seneca county I'm stuck to 7 in the mag 1 in the chamber

right on the button. That court does NOT have jurisdiction over the entire state. Kind of like the "feeding deer" ruling from a few years ago. 

On 10/30/2016 at 7:57 PM, Steve D said:

I'll be putting in three tomorrow:rolleyes: To Bad the state doesn't update their website as fast as they dictate the laws!!!!

ny state still has a guideline on sample weapons that are illegal, such as bushmasters and AR variants and all this crap, even though the safe act unequivocally and without confusion does not list specific guns whatsoever as being illegal. Just features.

I believe the state does it as a disinformation campaign; even though the law may not say it's illegal, if they have it on their website they can scare people away who don't know any better.