Anyone shoot an Elite Pure, I'm thinking about it.

nycredneck

Ha Ha yeah, knuckle dragger for sure BUT... I pick up quite a few extra fps with those gorilla arms and long draw!

Long draw bow choices are limited but there are some really good ones out there now compared to years ago, some real shooters, the longer ATA are more forgiving.

Edited by nycredneck

I first noticed it when I was practicing, trying to get a "surprise" release. I was relaxing a little too much trying to get comfortable and pow! The bow wanted to go. I never noticed it while hunting only when I overthink it while practicing. I now know to hold it tight at the stops. It does scare you a little knowing what it is capable of doing. But that's the price you pay for fast cams. I have my bow set at 68 lbs, 29" draw, 400 gr. arrows, cronograffed 291 fps.

One of the things I do when hunting is go through my mental checklist before releasing an arrow at an animal and one of the last things on that checklist is pull back to the wall, then settle the pin on a small spot and release. I have to check myself often when practicing to be sure I'm not creeping but I guess my Bowtech is a little more forgiving in that area but not much. Can't wait for the chance to shoot an Elite, hope the chance comes soon.

the elites are excellent bows we sell pse,bear,martin,and elites. the elite sales have kicked the other manufactorers butts the last few months. in all the bows i have shot,the elite has the smoothest draw cycle out there. very forgiving. also the elite gauruntee stays with the bow. lifetime no matter how many times it is sold. also has a hunt gauruntee,wich is,if you have a problem with the bow,they will build 1 with your specs and ship it to you as fast as humanely possible so you can keep hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

The GT500 is a little more in line with a modern day Pure, but it's far from a super agressive bow. If you are having creep problems with these bows, I hate to break it to you, you are probably over-bowed. I can understand creep issues on single cams, etc. But these style of cams by design are very creep-"resistant". Also, having a bow that is 29" and you should have a 30" isn't a great way to judge a bow....a bow that fits your DL is the best way to judge it. A longer DL loop isn't changing the DL - just your anchor point.

My Zs are not as agressive speed wise, but once I roll those babies over - it's a cakewalk in a tree stand. Such an easy draw and hold.

• 2 weeks later...

While I was waiting for the Hoyt I ordered to come in, the dealer got in a line of Elite bows. OMG! Was my first thought. If I could have afforded it I would have bought it on sight. Smooth draw, amazing back valley, and very creep resistant. My next bow will definately be an Elite.

Plus they are a NY company so you are helping NY jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi nycredneck,

I got a Pure (60lbs, 28.5DL) right after they came out. My old bow was about 12 yrs old. What a difference a decade made. I went with a pure because there is a dealer near me, the fit and finish are very good, and maybe the best but I am not a fan boy. They are headquartered in Henrietta NY so if I ever need warranty work it's not a problem. The back on them is very solid and its was very dead in my hand with just a rest on the bow..

My only neutral comments (not really negative) are if you relax it will creep, jerk, forward but that is really more about your form than the bow. The second is make sure your DL is correct as you won't be adjusting it yourself. They have 1/2" mods that have to be replaced in the cams. Once it’s set for you this shouldn't be a problem but when you go to sell it down the road it may limit then number of people who would be interested.

Since I have had it for two years now I would say it’s a good shooter and forgiving for me. I have taken 2 deer with it so far, a 6pt and a 7pt from the wapping distance of 10yds. The 7pt I shot a 2nd time at 30yds. .All arrows have been clean pass throughs.

Not a bad bow but also don’t limit yourself. Make sure you try others.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Got my bow, I got a 2012 Pure all black like new, used from AT, I'm in the process of pimping/customizing it now. I first changed the mods to match my DL. So here goes...

Custom Strings from Twisted Archer.

SS1 Stokerized stabilizer

QAD HDX rest

CBE 2013 Cerekote Tek Hybrid sight

Trophy Ridge Torsion quiver

'09 Bowtech cable slide

Versa Peep

Back Eagle Rampage Arrows

Gold Tip Accu-Tough inserts

Hardcore Maxx release

Solid Broadhead Co, Deep Six broadheads

I will post some pics when I have it all together, waiting for the strings now. Most items were bought off AT classifieds with deep discounted prices, some things are used but I saved a fortune.

Edited by nycredneck