Best sabots for the Savage 220

fasteddie

I have seen quite a few reviews on what sabots shoot best out of the Savage 220 .

My concern is meat damage . I have heard that the polymer tipped slugs tear the heck out of a deer . Is there much truth to that ? I don't want to shoot a slug that is going to waste a lot of meat .

What are any of you that shoot the polymer tipped slugs experiencing for meat damage ?

I shoot Winchester supreme dual bond slugs in my Savage 212. They group pretty well at 100 yards and don't destroy a lot of meat (unless you hit shoulder). I would recommend them to anyone. Only negative is the price. At $15-$20 a box of 5, you don't want to spend a lot of time on the range with them. But to me, they are worth the money.

Sure I want accuracy but I was told that the polymer tips destroyed a lot of meat on a deer .

Thanks for the replies . Dayum the ammo is expensive !

I might be going to Indiana the end of next month . There is a store there that has the winchester Supreme Dual Bond Slugs for just over $12 a box . Right now they have them for $10.29 . Big difference from $16 a box .

If it warms a a bit I have some Federal Power Shoks I want to try . Too cold and windy to go to the range .

• 5 years later...
On 1/22/2013 at 10:43 PM, fasteddie said:

I heard the Federal Barnes Expanders were shooters but they quit making them . The American Way ---- something works , change it !

Have seen those expanders do some damage.uncle shot them out of his mossberg 835.i shoot Remington copper solid 2 3/4" out of my mossberg 12ga.run around $14 a box.love em