Weber Genesis Grill .

Nytracker

So old grill was a charbroil lp . 12 years old and it showed . Finally picked up a weber grill . Had to piss a way the stimulus money, that was in the bank , before it became totally  worthless from inflation . Any thing I should know before I fire it up . Recommendations as to seasoning the grates ?

• Like 2

Solid Grill. Mine is about 10-12 years old. It's outside all year and it is covered when not in use. Clean it regularly, which is easy, and it will give you years of trouble free service. You get what you pay for! Enjoy it and good luck!

Holy smokes does this thing get hot ...  and fast . The  guage was at 600 f in 7 minutes . With the sear burner on it was a steady  680  until I turned it off .

Doing the initial  burn of at the moment . A little bit of a funky smell and smoke off the lid  components. 

Edited by Nytracker

I did burgers last night  there is a definite  learning curve on this grill.  Burgers were 80/20. Almost no flare ups . Im use to moving burgers all over to control temp and fires.  No need for this one . Next batch im going to run temps up to 500. Cooked at 400 and it took a little longer than what the old grill did . Use to run burners on old grill wide open and cooked 5 minutes per side . Have to wonder if the temp on the hood is accurate. 

Strip steaks on the grill tonight.