Anyone here in material handling ..such as in trucking.... ware houses...

growalot

I need some info on the corrugated pads used in shipping...ie the sheets layered between stacked equipment ...barrels....cases...ect

This would be strength and durability in general....lets say in comparison to heavy duty box material...Any help ..thank you

Edited by growalot

Thanks Eddie that was very helpful....you know me projects in mind...mirrored blinds....vinyl coated walls for elevated blinds....see if they are sturdy enough they can be covered in vinyl camo ...making erecting a blind much more light weight and still weather proof...The double walls are looking like a good bet (10) 4x8 sheets for 60.00.6.00 a sheet...easy to cut and cover...I can work with 1x2's for framing ...less wood and weight then just make sure the base is heavy duty

Well that said...until they told me the shipping cost...I at least know a bit more about it...look local

The place in Fairport that manufacturers corrugated is H.P. Neun . When I was at Xerox I know that we did some sort of business with them . At one time the packaging engineers were looking into using "slip sheets" rather than pallets as they would be cheaper , lighter , etc .. Not sure what they are composed of though .

Eddie thank you very much..I will look them up and contact them tomorrow...that is a BIG help and appreciated...I've found a couple of OK places for high grade mirrored vinyl and a few for good weather proof camo vinyl as well....

Look how well a cardboard box ...crate and a couple of tarps did through 3 tough winters and wet summers...imagine if I got really good material of the same type?!...lol

Can't say the mirrored blind was my idea...though I don't think there are many... if any card board blinds other than mine out there...For me it's not so much getting closer...but staying warmer and out of the wind cheaply....you'll see as you creep closer to my age...not so Crazie...lol

NO..just ppl...anyways

I had a wonderful grandfather...Moms dad.... he and his second wife both hunted and fished...he loved his beagles...I spent many hours sitting on the edge of the old bridge off Ossian Hill rd learning how to catch trout...or down in pokey moonshine catching huge carp...good memories

Ford my Father was a murdering Ba---rd...that I have had no contact with for 29 years...I found out he finally graced this world with death some time last Nov.

Now I know that sounded bitter..but actually not just factual and well honest...

My Dad in-law...Dad refers to me as his hunting buddy and he thinks it's great I hunt so much....but the whole family refers to it as an obsession... They warn ppl new to meet me....never mention hunting...you'll never get away....lol

I wasn't bad...until I started bow hunting17yrs ago... Mix in my love of planting and building things...well that was the tipping point ;)

• Like 1

no sorry needed....geez I'm nothing if not honest...lol..hhmmm and blunt.

Oh THAT old man...ya know he hit 55 this DEC...we avoid that term around here..hahahaha

It drives him a tad nuts....seeing he's more into fishing than hunting and well now he won't eat red meat...Then you have the fact that I am absolute hell on equipment...it's a curse really...lol

I think I worry him...ya know dragging 200# ungutted deer out of the woods...or gutted doe 1400ft up hill out of the woods by my self....cutting good sized trees down.....out running the backhoe and tractors when no ones around..you know I'm 54?...I certainly do.... they all remind right after reminding me I'm not 30 any more...lol

what they forget is I'm Irish/Native American...which is ageless...until my legs won't carry me any more :)

• Like 2

Life taught me one big lessen...don't sweat the little things....LOL...There are so many things in life to bug a person...the "style" in which an unknown person on a hunting forum writes...shouldn't even register.

Man, everyone is different in their ways. Just makes life that more interesting...me?... Well I've been walking to the tune of a different drummer all my life......It's just who I am...and that's how I look at others with one exception...ppl that just have to break the rules for nothing but their own gain and greed...narcissists...ya... the claws tend to come out with them...Everyone else you are who you are....

No Paula.... a teachers assistant...a 4 -H leader and manager of a variety of businesses.

When It comes to writing proposals...representatives....resume's ...any legal doc. I'm on exact point with sentence and paragraph development, as well as spelling and punctuation......forums are a ...hhmmm..... relaxing thing...... I just found it more relaxing just to do pause/breaks as dots ..

Thanks I take that as a compliment...perhaps lunch midway some time this summer :)

Not sure yet...perhaps a "ghost blind"...that would be great for hunting at camp this turkey season...I'm going to make at least one more enclosed blind here and thinking about one at camp...Using a double wall corrugated material covered in vinyl would allow me to use a much smaller frame work for the walls. I would also be able to build all the walls here and transport them to camp for assembly there.The weight of each wall would be light enough to work with alone ...the double wall corrugation acts as a great insulator..I've stored bottled water in my blinds in below freezing temps(low 30's) and they stayed liquid....Believe it or not...surprisingly sound dampening as well...some of these pads have over a 350 # puncture tensile...so I may use them as a floor base then cover with plastic under an old carpet...that would certainly quiet a rolling chair...so many ideas...we'll see...got to get that pricing first...lol

Eddie the company you gave me called back today they can sell me the 4x8 ft sheets of double wall for 3.00 a sheet...I need to call them back to get every thing set up...but making a 6ft x 6ft x 8ft blind would take 6 sheet =18.00 to complete the base of the walls...I just need to do a little more research in the vinyl covering....

To do a " ghost Blind" I would only need two sheet for the base...6.00...I believe those run around 130.00 in the store...pretty sure I can come in way below that...Thanks