Spypoint link-micro 4g Lte

I have a gift card for Dicks my wife got me for fathers day and I was looking at picking up a cell camera.

does anyone have any experience with the Spypoint LINK-MICRO 4G-LTE cell camera?  Keep reading mixed reviews on them and was wondering if anyone had anyb knowledge or insight on them. 

Thanks

We have about 10 of them. They work well for the price point. they are an entry level cell cam. Ive had them last 6 months, and last several years and still working. Not sure If you purchase one, as long as you dont expect the quality of an expensive camera.. you will be pleased. We are transitioning ours out, and moving into Tactacams and exodus cell cams.  

• Like 1

Here is pic from one my cams. Not a great pic as there was bright sun and cam is in shade but I'm satisfied. They save on trips to go check sd cards in non cell cams, so save on some gas with prices being so high.

spypoint (4).jpg

• Like 1

Started a few years ago using the cell-links that use a ribbon cable to connect to the SD card of existing camera; ended up getting 4 of them and used on various model of cameras with relatively good results - biggest issue was 2 sets of batteries per camera (1 set in camera, 1 set in Cell-link device).  The link device only allows still pics, no video from your current camera.

Never had issues with cell signal - I'm in 8J with good coverage.   Usually get notifications of pictures within a minute or 2 of them being tripped.

Did have 1 camera that died, customer service made me jump through hoops (replace batteries, do a long format on a PC of the SD card, use another SD card, reboot, wait 24 hours for it to find a cell signal, stand on your head) before sending out a replacement device.

Switched to the LINK-MICRO-LTE-V model that's self-contained and for 2 years been happy with them.   Batteries were swapped out around 1st of the year, and a few cameras were still showing 20% battery life last few weeks. 

You get low-res photos via the app (either mobile app or website) and then have the option to download a high-res image.  When you pull the SD card on the camera - all the images as saved as hi-res.

I'm currently running 4 links and 6 full cameras - the plan to increase the # of photos is per camera, not per account.   I usually pay monthly, and only bump up a plan if the camera is getting a lot of pictures.  Free plan is 100 pic a month, and like 5 hi-res downloads.  Basic is 250 ($4/month) Standard is 1000 ($7) and unlimited is $10.

Here's examples of a low-res and high-res picture from the same camera...

Lo-res.jpg

Hi-red.jpg

Edited by JJBat150
  • Like 2

On 6/22/2022 at 3:53 PM, JJBat150 said:

Started a few years ago using the cell-links that use a ribbon cable to connect to the SD card of existing camera; ended up getting 4 of them and used on various model of cameras with relatively good results - biggest issue was 2 sets of batteries per camera (1 set in camera, 1 set in Cell-link device).  The link device only allows still pics, no video from your current camera.

Never had issues with cell signal - I'm in 8J with good coverage.   Usually get notifications of pictures within a minute or 2 of them being tripped.

Did have 1 camera that died, customer service made me jump through hoops (replace batteries, do a long format on a PC of the SD card, use another SD card, reboot, wait 24 hours for it to find a cell signal, stand on your head) before sending out a replacement device.

Switched to the LINK-MICRO-LTE-V model that's self-contained and for 2 years been happy with them.   Batteries were swapped out around 1st of the year, and a few cameras were still showing 20% battery life last few weeks. 

You get low-res photos via the app (either mobile app or website) and then have the option to download a high-res image.  When you pull the SD card on the camera - all the images as saved as hi-res.

I'm currently running 4 links and 6 full cameras - the plan to increase the # of photos is per camera, not per account.   I usually pay monthly, and only bump up a plan if the camera is getting a lot of pictures.  Free plan is 100 pic a month, and like 5 hi-res downloads.  Basic is 250 ($4/month) Standard is 1000 ($7) and unlimited is $10.

Here's examples of a low-res and high-res picture from the same camera...

Lo-res.jpg

Hi-red.jpg

What type of batteries do you use in cell link?

28 minutes ago, JJBat150 said:

8 AA batteries per camera - I've been using run of the mill Alkaline batteries with good resuls

Ok thanks, I just ordered a verizon cell link and will buy some alkaline. The lithiums are expensive.

• 3 weeks later...