ammo and lack of

As long as we've got Cuomo and his cohorts threatening guns and ammo, and Obama flexing his gun-banning muscle, this panic can go on for one heck of a long time. In fact if these gun-grabbing polititians ever understand how they have paralyzed the purchase of ammo, they may develop a policy of proposing some periodic gun and ammo restrictions every so many months just to keep the panic going indefinitely. They have to be having a real belly-laugh over the situation that gun owners are causing each other. It's too bad that we have some in our ranks that are willingly playing into their hands.

Combine that with increase in sales tax revenue for the sales of arms and ammo and why wouldn't thay do just that. So the politicians are happy, the ammo and gun makers are recording huge sales so they are happy......Just us, as usual, left holding the bag

I don't understand lack of .22 ammo!

It's hard because the stores are still getting ammo in and most likely more than ever. The thing is it has no self life anymore. I won't lie I have started buying a few more boxes than I would have been since all the BS. I went with a freind who is just now getting into shooting to buy his first rifle and while I was standing there must have been 50 people looking for nothing but 22. ammo come in and out.

Who knows let's just hope they start making more. I figure they will since a single rifle round is worth more than a single dollar for the most part.

If the ammo manufacturers don't start putting on extra shifts and boosting output, they are wasting a very good opportunity. Of course I am sure that they have in mind the possibility of a sudden reversal when the background checks finally get implemented and they wind up with gobs of inventory. But perhaps that is an even greater reason to "make hay while the sun shines".

• 2 weeks later...

Is this part of their secret plan to get rid of guns?  With a lack of ammo anywhere, I'm too afraid to even go to the range and shoot.  Need to save every round I have.  Is there and end in sight?

Edited by Elmo

Well I have seen ammo trickling in at Walmart and Dicks. I have gotten 22lr at Walmart and got a can of 340 22lr at Dicks. Have been finding 40 S&W, 9mm and 45 ammo almost weekly. Did get some .223 Steel case ammo at Walmart in Watkins Glen yesterday.  Dicks in Ithaca last week had probley 70-100 boxes of 30-06 ammo.

Talked to a mgr. at Gander Mtn. the other day. According to him, ammo prices are soon  due to increase as much as 60% for the most popular cals. 223, .9mm. .40, .45  .22 etc... Not that we didn't see this coming but WTF?? People need to calm down.

Yeah Ive seen some stores wih stock on shelves, but the most popular rounds are either not in stock or super expensive. Been thinking of picking up an air rifle just for plinking now. Either that or just shoot my bow a lot more.

At 2 cents a pellet, it's cheaper than shooting a 22LR.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped at Bass Pro a couple days ago. Shelves were just about bare of rifle ammo! There was a sign saying they were holding a few of the popular calibers (.22, .223, etc...)  behind the counter and to inquire there. I did, but they only had 6 boxes of .223 FMJ's, nothing else left. The guy did say that ammo was coming in pretty regularly, but it was selling out quick, even though they have a 2 box limit/customer. Hoping to get my hands on some .22, .223, and 9mm's!!