crazy buck attacks dead buck, new full story

stevenjackson

Unbelievable ....... That crazy look in his eyes was scary. It makes you wonder if he was mentally all there. I mean, no buck no matter how wacked-out in rut approaches two guys standing over another dead deer, talking in a regular speaking voice, with all kinds of light. The first thing I thought of was maybe something like rabies.

Not uncommon. Buck deer during the rut in particular attack dead things, discarded tires or other junk, other animals and other deer, all the time. As a matter of fact in the USA the wild animal which attacks people most often is actually deer. Not cougars, bears, gators, sharks, or wolves, but deer. Look it up...

Unbelievable ....... That crazy look in his eyes was scary. It makes you wonder if he was mentally all there. I mean, no buck no matter how wacked-out in rut approaches two guys standing over another dead deer, talking in a regular speaking voice, with all kinds of light. The first thing I thought of was maybe something like rabies.

My brother just told me a good story about one of the monster "city" bucks we have been seeing . He was in the woods with his kids when he realized he was running late to get them home for their mom to pick them up. They start heading in a straight line back towards home through some thick stuff and there stands one of the monsters and wont stand down no matter how close they get, his little guy got scared so my brother stomp his feet a couple times to which the buck responded with stomping both front feet into the ground and lower his head slightly , then my brother got worried, needless to say they took the long way around and got home late. City deer are nuts ! They have no fear of humans at all.

I thought after reading the headline post, the story was gonna be how the cray buck had an assault weapon...

You just made my day! There was a guy close to here who had a scent drag behind and when he was coming out of the woods had a buck chase him across his field. His tractor was in the field and he ended up climbing into the tractor and shooting it.

This buck in the photo was taken during archery last year and my buddy was walking in the woods and the buck ran up from behind him and stopped broad side 15 yards in front of him and give him all the time he needed.post-3124-0-80714800-1360502782_thumb.jp

Edited by Anailor

I'd have shot the SOB and pleaded self defense....

That thought crossed my mind too as those guys casually stood there talking and filming this obviously crazy animal that in terms of a deer's speed, was certainly in a position to be on them before they could even react.

I had a young buck charge me several times one morning on the way to my blind in the dark.

Shined my headlamp right in his face but he kept on coming at least 3 x's within feet of me even when I hit the deck.

It may have had something to do with the 1/2 bottle of Tinks I accidently spilled on my hunting clothes the day before though..

• Like 1

Cool video. I figure this buck was dominated by the dead one and saw his opportunity when his opponent was down. I thought a stick to hit him with would work, crazy how the gun shot did not phase him one bit. I would have been about 10 yards further back thats for sure! WoW! Then a womens voice calms the beast, hmmmmm. Very cool... Remember to watch your back after the buck is down, "Stupid Buck I shoulda shot you yesterday." LOL

Ive seen several videos like this. One was of a guy doing the after shot video and he's sitting there holding his buck talking to the camera and another monster walks out of the woods behind him about 20 yrds and starts beating the crap out of a tree. He just looks over his shoulder and then back at the camera and hes like I really hope your getting this then go's on talking about the shot and so on with the deer raking the tree and grunting away right behind him. The craziest video ive seen is of a huge buck trying to breed a doe with a broken leg. The guys sitting there over his buck he had just shot doing the interview when this doe runs up behind him with a monster even bigger than what he just shot in tow. He tries to breed her right there but her back leg is broken and she kept toppling over. Well this buck just losses it and rams her right in the side with about a 20 ft good start with his antlers. Lifts the doe up and flings her. She comes down deader than a door nail with the guy standing there with his jaw on the ground. He grabs his gun to protect himself and they chase the buck off the doe. But she was dead as soon as he hit her. It was wild.

. Well this buck just losses it and rams her right in the side with about a 20 ft good start with his antlers. Lifts the doe up and flings her. She comes down deader than a door nail with the guy standing there with his jaw on the ground. .

Thats like those crazy people " if I cant have her no one can"

My brother just told me a good story about one of the monster "city" bucks we have been seeing . He was in the woods with his kids when he realized he was running late to get them home for their mom to pick them up. They start heading in a straight line back towards home through some thick stuff and there stands one of the monsters and wont stand down no matter how close they get, his little guy got scared so my brother stomp his feet a couple times to which the buck responded with stomping both front feet into the ground and lower his head slightly , then my brother got worried, needless to say they took the long way around and got home late. City deer are nuts ! They have no fear of humans at all.

indeed, i've personally seen a few crazy 1's in places u'd never imagine.

Meanwhile, we are all hiding out in the woods, 72' in the air in our treestands, with our jillion dollar scent-lock super camo suits all paranoid about wind direction and all doused up with stinky ol' doe pee, playing a tune on our favorite grunt tube and never get to see even one of these guys.....lol.

When stationed at Fort Drum, we had a 2.5 year old 6 point that lived in a little patch of woods next to our Company Headquarters. Deer at Ft. Drum are kinda like city deer as they are somewhat protected and don't fear humans. Well one day, during the rut, this buck was standing in the PT area where we did our daily physical training. When we attempted to "take over" the field from this buck, he ran us off and would not give. It's was quite entertaining! This happend about 4-5 times, finnally, we gave up and moved to different location. A few days later.... that buck was gone :spiteful: !