Any current Oneida Lake reports

Daveboone

its booming!  So far its keeping up with 2020 which was the best year ive ever seen.  Didnt fish last weekend as it was too windy.  Weekend prior 2 man boat limit by 8am Sat, then Sun i went out and had a limit in an hour.  

I think your on the north end and i hear off of godfrey and the shoals have also been good. 

You launching there Friday?

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

launching from Godfrey, so that immediate area is most accessible. We used to do very well in the a.m. off of the Cleveland Bar, so will probably start there. Looks like wind is going to be light in the a.m.. Pretty much going to start with worms/ dixies.

I am wondering how the algae bloom is, and the mayflies are peak hatching which will throw things off from past experience.

The mayflies are def hatching and might put the bite down a bit.  Ive found to run a line higher in the water column sometimes is a big winner then.  Algae hasnt been bad at all yet.  I also run worm harnesses and slow troll with the trolling motor.  Been doing well in 21-27 feet and running 1.0-1.2 MPH.

Guys have def been doing well out off those shoals on the North side.  I will be out tomorrow too out of the SE end.  Sent you a PM.  @Daveboone    Good luck! 

• Like 1

Is the sonar jig bite still going or has that petered out? Unfortunately, I have not made it out this season yet. Most of my Walleye fishing is wading in Mid-September through ice. Much harder finding areas which are not swamped with guys in the fall. Had a good thing going for YEARS before the free-for-all. 

• Like 1

Is the sonar jig bite still going or has that petered out? Unfortunately, I have not made it out this season yet. Most of my Walleye fishing is wading in Mid-September through ice. Much harder finding areas which are not swamped with guys in the fall. Had a good thing going for YEARS before the free-for-all. 
I'm not much of a sonar guy but I know a lot of guys swear by them all season!. I too remember back in the day having a while shoreline to myself in the fall most of the time. Not these days. Damn internet! Lol

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk