36 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

This two party system is not great. There is no way it doesn't promote tribalism. Every election is so close that a few swing states have an unproportiate say in who wins.  Everyone has to choose the lesser of two evils every time around. I don't think you will find many democrats that are really excited about Biden. I know I am not. Any of the candidates would have been a better choice than him imo.

Look at the stalemate in congress because two democrats are not voting party line. Two senators can make or break a presidency,that seems pretty stupid to me.

That is one good thing about the system we have , as dysfunctional as it is. In reality not a lot changes very quickly. Imagine the seasawing we would have when we went from one party having all the power and then the other.  

• Like 1

My wife had 3 miscarriages before the two children we now have. We dont tell people we lost three children though, because they were only a concept in our mind, not an actual person. 

Thats our choice, and its really nice to have that choice. I would never force our view and our choice the way a minority of this country wants to do on this subject however. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chef said:

You just hit the big issue in our country there is no middle any more.. there is extreme right snd extreme left when it comes to who you can vote for.

I would bet that 80% of us here fall in the middle and have to make a hard choice every time we vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea you pretty much right but come on now  like i would say at least here on this site it is kinda of obvouse who you should be voting for at this point in  time anyway 6 7 dollar gas and the inflation these guys are serving us is the biggest problen right now pretty soon this keeps up nobody going to have any money to drive to get a   abortion or buy a gun or go hunting. 

Edited by phantom

1 hour ago, Chef said:

You just hit the big issue in our country there is no middle any more.. there is extreme right snd extreme left when it comes to who you can vote for.

I would bet that 80% of us here fall in the middle and have to make a hard choice every time we vote

Yea you pretty much right but come on now  like i would say at least here on this site it is kinda of obvouse who you should be voting for at this point in  time anyway 6 7 dollar gas and the inflation thiese guys are serving us is the biggest problen right now pretty soon this keeps up nobody going to have any money to drive to get a   abortion or buy a gun or go hunting. 

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Yea you pretty much right but come on now  like i would say at least here on this site it is kinda of obvouse who you should be voting for at this point in  time anyway 6 7 dollar gas and the inflation thiese guys are serving us is the biggest problen right now pretty soon this keeps up nobody going to have any money to drive to get a   abortion or buy a gun or go hunting. 

1 hour ago, Chef said:

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Jeesh! I heard you the 1st time.;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, left field said:

Agreed. It should be decided by the people or more accurately, the individual person most affected by the pregnancy. What it should not be is decided by this person for that one. 

Nice to see you agree with the individual's freedom of choice.

I've always agreed with an individuals freedom of choice, but I see some who are arguing for a woman's right to choose here, were all aboard for mandating the China Virus Vaccine ?

Losers.

• Like 3

This SCOTUS decision will affect much more than people are aware of at this time.  Get ready for the Demo Party haters to provoke and support more violence. Roe will be their 2022 midterm version of their 2020 "systemic racism" lie, and they are going to release their rage dogs again. Attacks on crisis pregnancy centers will ramp up now that two University of Georgia professors have published the addresses of those centers nationwide, referring to them as "fake women's health centers."

And here's the real threat to our American Democracy.  The Demo haters are promoting violence against jurists, never in our history have members of the Supreme Court been more vulnerable to threats of assassination, as populist calls for such violence grows. Indeed, almost 45% of leftist young men think political violence is an acceptable means of achieving their political agenda.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ncountry said:

That is one good thing about the system we have , as dysfunctional as it is. In reality not a lot changes very quickly. Imagine the seasawing we would have when we went from one party having all the power and then the other.  

That is true but also not much ever gets done. Government changes and then the new leader tries to undo what the previous one did. What would be better would be more parties so coalition would have to be formed to get a majority. I think that keeps everyone a little more honest and would possibly give people a choice they can be more than 50% happy with. 

Then folks wouldn't have to vote for the big parties because they have one or two issues they really care about and one of them serves them a little better.

It would lead to a more nuanced system. More choices, maybe the senators would even have to work a little harder,though I am not holding my breath on that one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

I've always agreed with an individuals freedom of choice, but I see some who are arguing for a woman's right to choose here, were all aboard for mandating the China Virus Vaccine ?

Losers.

So getting a shot is the same as carrying a child for 9 months? And then raising it for 18 years?

You are the loser in this comparison.

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

So you are against it ?

All for it as long as it doesn't affect the life of another human being.

Saying you want to abort a baby because you have freedom of choice, while denying another person the right to refuse an experimental vaccine, is the epitome of hypocrisy.

I think that  we , as a society, run into trouble when attempting to deal in Absolutes; to say that Abortion should be allowed on-demand is extreme as is banning all abortions, regardless of the circumstances. 

As for the vaccine, I think we all learned from our COVID experience last year that the application of similar logic is undoubtedly most advisable.

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

So getting a shot is the same as carrying a child for 9 months? And then raising it for 18 years?

The fact that you can accept a person not having a choice with the vaccine, but having a choice with having an abortion is very absurd and shows just how much of a hypocrite you are.

My body, My choice, with Caveats that'll fit the narrative.

The Liberal way.

How about we ban people from having sex, till a person is of the mandated responsible legal age to do so ?

If a person isn't capable of driving, buying a firearm or joining the military until their of a certain age the government deems their responsible enough to do so, or with their parents consent, why not limit their age to have sex ?

More regulation should make any liberal happy.

• Like 1

The fact that you can accept a person not having a choice with the vaccine, but having a choice with having an abortion is very absurd and shows just how much of a hypocrite you are.
My body, My choice, with Caveats that'll fit the narrative.
The Liberal way.
How about we ban people from having sex, till a person is of the mandated responsible legal age to do so ?
If a person isn't capable of driving, buying a firearm or joining the military until their of a certain age the government deems their responsible enough to do so, or with their parents consent, why not limit their age to have sex ?
More regulation should make any liberal happy.

Wait but isn’t banning abortion more regulation? It sounds to me like conservatives don’t want regulation unless it suits their religious beliefs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

The shot may effect you for life and its still only allered for emergency as its experimental.... still have yet to see an emergency personally.....its an unknown..

let alone if it comes down to your body your choice.

All emergency surgerys and emt aid would not be allowed for unconscious person as they couldn't give consent.  Add the that overdoses reversed by narcon would not be allowed.. 

seem like population control / over population would solve itself...

3 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

I think that  we , as a society, run into trouble when attempting to deal in Absolutes; to say that Abortion should be allowed on-demand is extreme as is banning all abortions, regardless of the circumstances. 

As for the vaccine, I think we all learned from our COVID experience last year that the application of similar logic is undoubtedly most advisable.

Agree thats why the states and the citizens of each state have the right to choose laws that regulate.   This ruling did not ban or regulate it in any way it simply says its not covered under constitution and therefore is left to the states...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

The shot may effect you for life and its still only allered for emergency as its experimental.... still have yet to see an emergency personally.....its an unknown..

let alone if it comes down to your body your choice.

All emergency surgerys and emt aid would not be allowed for unconscious person as they couldn't give consent.  Add the that overdoses reversed by narcon would not be allowed.. 

seem like population control / over population would solve itself...

We need a lot more than that to control the world's population...a lot more