New bow time

Jeremy K

Finally got the new rig home. 2022 Elite Envision.  Shot a little bit when I picked it up ,the new stan thumb release will take some getting used to. Definitely a harder pull then my E35, much faster arrow speed now and the SET technology does great at getting the arrow flying straight.

Screenshot_20220624-140200_Gallery.jpg

20220624_135534.jpg

• Like 11

I won’t lie I am intrigued by this SET technology. After selling my halon which I absolutely loved i am not a huge fan of the V3. Maybe I’ll have to make a change after this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I won’t lie I am intrigued by this SET technology. After selling my halon which I absolutely loved i am not a huge fan of the V3. Maybe I’ll have to make a change after this season.

I have tuned a lot of bows.   And I will say that SET is a true game changer.     Can pretty much bareshaft tune any reasonable arrow in minutes with a few turns of the screws.   Might not mean much to those that aren’t anal about tuning but if you are, it’s a huge benefit.  

• Like 1

I have tuned a lot of bows.   And I will say that SET is a true game changer.     Can pretty much bareshaft tune any reasonable arrow in minutes with a few turns of the screws.   Might not mean much to those that aren’t anal about tuning but if you are, it’s a huge benefit.  

Last year I bareshaft tuned for the first time and it was so easy with SET

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I shoot a pretty heavy arrow, broadhead combo and have been pretty nuts about tuning. I may have to go shoot one after the season. Gotta see there is a lot a like about Matthews so it would be a tough switch.

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

I shoot a pretty heavy arrow, broadhead combo and have been pretty nuts about tuning. I may have to go shoot one after the season. Gotta see there is a lot a like about Matthews so it would be a tough switch.

You'll switch if you shoot one . Something most people probably don't realize either is that there is a comfort mod you can purchase to change from the performance mods out for. It would be nice iof shops had a bow with the comfort mods installed for people to try. 

• Like 1

fancy. looks good. definitely jealous of the SET system. My primary hunting bow that's now a Bowtech is old tech now. Tunability with these new bows to eliminate horizontal and vertical nock travel is more valuable than people who just casually shoot bows understand. bows can be so accurate now without messing shims or other pain in the A** stuff. In the past with nock travel you sometimes had to except you could stack broadheads or field points just not both in the same spot without opening grouping up a little. now you can literally micro tune everything to be in perfect alignment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

fancy. looks good. definitely jealous of the SET system. My primary hunting bow that's now a Bowtech is old tech now. Tunability with these new bows to eliminate horizontal and vertical nock travel is more valuable than people who just casually shoot bows understand. bows can be so accurate now without messing shims or other pain in the A** stuff. In the past with nock travel you sometimes had to except you could stack broadheads or field points just not both in the same spot without opening grouping up a little. now you can literally micro tune everything to be in perfect alignment.

It's the first brand new bow I've bought since I was 18 ,I always got everything a year or two old from classified section of archery talk.

It's the first brand new bow I've bought since I was 18 ,I always got everything a year or two old from classified section of archery talk.
You've likely saved thousands of dollars in doing so. That's all I do now but many are leftover or demo bows from dealers on ebay.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Grats on the new bow! I just pulled the trigger on one as well. 

On 6/25/2022 at 7:45 PM, Chef said:

I just picked up a v3x today, your opinion is making me sad .. lol. 

Update us if you do decide to switch, I'm coming from a bowtech carbon zion .. The difference is night and day. 

• Like 1

Grats on the new bow! I just pulled the trigger on one as well. 
I just picked up a v3x today, your opinion is making me sad .. lol. 
Update us if you do decide to switch, I'm coming from a bowtech carbon zion .. The difference is night and day. 

I also got the small V3 which is part of my regret but we will see