Rockland CC - Hunting & Fishing Expo

BizCT

Whos' going to the Hunting & Fishing Expo at Rockland Community College in Suffern, NY?

I will be going on Saturday, 3/2.

http://www.sportshows.com/suffern/index.html

I see Sunday, 3/3 is Whitetail Superday:

Whitetail Superday is Sunday, March 3

Sunday will feature a continuous series of whitetail seminars by some of America’s greatest hunters including legendary whitetail hunter Lane Benoit, NY's own, The Salernos and The Deer Doctor, Peter Fiduccia.

Fishing-wise, I see Mike Iaconelli, Ish Munroe and others will be there.

Stopped going when they banned gun displays and vendors at the show. Harrisburg did the same this year also.

I think the reason for the ban on guns is that its held at a college, and if I recall correctly, that ban was done a long time ag, early 90''s perhaps, I"llbe going one of the days, to se some old friends and such, I used to work at it and get in free, but work doesent display there anymore oh well

That show was great back in the 80's and early 90's I never missed a show then they banned guns. I went on/off over the next several yrs then stopped. My friend who fishes but doesn't hunt wanted me to go today but I declined. For anyone that went today Do they still have the tree huggers protesting outside as in past years?

That show was great back in the 80's and early 90's I never missed a show then they banned guns. I went on/off over the next several yrs then stopped. My friend who fishes but doesn't hunt wanted me to go today but I declined. For anyone that went today Do they still have the tree huggers protesting outside as in past years?

I've never seen protesters. I've bee going for years.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

It was nice to the Greenwood Lake Merchants Guild promoting the lake. I know alot of money is going in to improving the water quality especially in the northern arms. An aeration project, retro fitted storm basins, mandatory septic clean out every three years. Hopefully, the bad rap will fade and the fishing successes increase.

• 11 months later...