First Job ?

GreeneHunter

Worked a summer program for the town of coeymans when I was 14. Basic maintenance at a park down the road from where I grew up. Maintained and marked hiking trails, painted picnic tables, cleaned trash and a ton of weed whacking. Then worked for my buddy's father's landscaping company all through high school and a few years afterward. Then bounced around working for a bunch of different contractors. Framing, roofing, siding, drywall, windows, insulation, flooring, kitchens and bathroom remodeling. Started working for a moving company on the weekends and the money was a lot more than what I was getting for construction so I switched to full time. Been doing that for almost 12 years now. Hopefully in a few years I can grow my taxidermy business into my full time career. Gonna need some help from you guys for that!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Worked at Wegmans and will always remember starting wage was $3.40, which was $.15 more than minimum wage 

I really liked working there..  Won one of their scholarships and continued there until is was out of college..

always a lot of fun!

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

First time I made money I sold vegetables off the tailgate of my Dad's truck at camp. Bought corn for .47 a dozen and sold it for $1.50 a dozen at like 13. Then some under the table here and there.

First real job right after school was working for the DOT. I got lucky and put my app in and guy there told me I would never get it cause I didn't have a political recommendation. A month and a half later got a call for the job. He said this has never happened that they had no people recommended. So at 18 I got a job in the snow and ice crew. As I was the only one that still put in the application anyway.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Still at DOT?

I just left after almost 14 years. Place has really gone downhill. Couldn't take it anymore. 

Still at DOT?
I just left after almost 14 years. Place has really gone downhill. Couldn't take it anymore. 
No I was there 2 years. Left and went to college. This was 30+ years ago. Mario Cuomo made each dept cut 10% staffing and me without a political connection was gone. I got offered to go to corrections or canals. I should've went to canals and I would be retiring now.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I worked at local farms during summer  from  age 13-16 for  25 to 50 cents per hour...

In the summer of 1967 I got a job clearing land for a county park for  about $1.50 per hour, which was below minimum wage because it was a special program to employ local youth in the county..

In the fall of '67, I got a  part time job as a grocery clerk in  local A&P  store....I worked at that job ( at three different stores) both part time and full time until I went on active duty in the Navy in 1971....

After  I  finished active duty I worked for a local woodworking business building pallets for a year at minimum wage and then got a job as a salaried  lab technician  at a local  industry,  retiring after 30 years service with the title of Engineering Technician...

• Like 1

13 years old worked under the table  ( the best way ) as a dishwasher at a restaurant along Lake rd . At the time I made double minimum wage ,cash and of course all the shrimp and other food I,could sneak .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nomad said:

13 years old worked under the table  ( the best way ) as a dishwasher at a restaurant along Lake rd . At the time I made double minimum wage ,cash and of course all the shrimp and other food I,could sneak .

What was the name? Just curious