2 TBSP seasoned salt

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 cup milk

1 cup frozen mixed vegetables

6 whole mushrooms - sliced

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 tsp Thyme

Parboil rabbit parts in water with seasoned salt ~ 15 min, until rabbit is ready to almost pull off the bone

bone out rabbits and cut into 1 inch pieces

mix soup and milk in a med size sauce pan

add frozen veggies, rabbit and seasoning in pan, simmer ~ 15 - 20 min, try not to boil but get it hot

Note: if you think it's too thick, add more milk, 1/4 cup at a time until it is how you'd like it

add mushrooms, simmer 10 min

I have served over bisquick biscuits, pillsbury oven biscuits, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles, has been very good every time.

Hope you like it!

My buddy made up a batch took the hind legs and tender loins seared then In a little olive oil. Then add a can/ bottle of Spanish olives and some potatoes. I don't know the exact recipe I'm still waiting for the exact recipe sorry

I did real well this last season hunting with my 2 beagles. Weather and snow conditions were good which resulted in a good season. Left a few for seed wherever I hunted. Here is my favorite and easy rabbit recipe:

1-2 rabbits quartered

2 cans Italian Stewed Tomatoes

Salt & Pepper

Soak cleaned rabbits in brine (salt water) for 24 hrs. Quarter rabbits and parboil in water for 4-5 minutes. Place rabbit quarters in crockpot. Add 2 cans (14 oz. each) Italian stewed tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, and salt and pepper (to taste). Cook on slow for 4-5 hrs. Don't bother putting out a knife with the table setting as the meat will break off with a fork!

post-885-0-75784400-1362160239_thumb.jpg

How did everyone do this year? The group I hunt with got 30+ on less then a dozen outings with out using dogs

Not sure how many we shot, but it was a good season.

Most important the new pup (9 months) is barking on trail already.

And I usually par boil them dice them up and fry them in burnt garlic, pepper olive oil and butter.

Edited by GaryMik