Carry permits, jokes on you suckers !

Did anyone actually believe it would be easier now in NYS ? The time to get your permit was years ago when you first pondered it ! More extensive background checks ? How is that even possible ? Last daughter needed 4 references, and the names of people she has had “ significant relationships “ with , yes she needed the ok from a guy she broke up,with after two years …. 15-20 hours of training that will cost what another couple hundred ,IF you can get in a class . The sign thing is backwards  it should be those that forbid CCW posts a sign , few business will post a sign allowing it but that’s the plan .

* ok as of now this is not law , just rumor , time will tell 

F74095F2-4887-4AA5-BEEA-C2E585A423C8.png

F71527B0-DE5D-4E27-8C88-6F5B6DBEC5A7.png

Edited by Nomad

Where are people getting this information? Twitter is about a reliable a source for facts as Facebook. I know there's a meeting planned but nothing has come out in writing except that the Democraps are refusing to follow the ruling by the SCOTUS, which is about as smart as seeing a missile coming at you and just standing there.

• Like 2

Zack Fink, is a State house reporter . But those same rumors have been flying around , gun forums, radio shows as well as major news sources ,most you need a subscription so it’s hard to post links .

How Newsday Rob ? And the New York Times , that better ?

C0659889-4CA8-4EDA-B4FF-00D84A3E08E3.png

53CB466B-506D-4551-8FEC-1729C9BF9984.png

Edited by Nomad

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

so twitter and rumors from reporters? 

Well if you consider The New York Times article a rumor then yes . We all know what’s on the table at this point as it’s been all over the news media ,all that’s left is what they’ll finalize tomorrow . 

it’s not like NYS Gov. Would do anything vindictive ha ha . 

Looking forward to,posting tomorrow !

18 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Well if you consider The New York Times article a rumor then yes . We all know what’s on the table at this point as it’s been all over the news media ,all that’s left is what they’ll finalize tomorrow . 

it’s not like NYS Gov. Would do anything vindictive ha ha . 

Looking forward to,posting tomorrow !

i'm not looking for a pissing match, just that we should wait to see what happens before we get all into it. 

• Like 1

I'll wait and see what comes of the rumor mills. If they plan a meeting then it will go to a vote, and probably be shut down by anyone with half a brain, Democraps included. If they purposely go against the rulings with some executive order, she may just be jeopardizing her career, and if it goes to a vote and passes it may just put other politicians careers at risk. Won't hurt my feelings if all of them get slammed and forced out of their seats.

As for other gun forums, I pay attention to a few, and a lot of NY'rs have been pretty quiet for some time, and more so after the latest load of donkey dung with the semi-auto rifles. Folks are learning to not believe everything they read on the web, as well as realizing the more they put out in the open, the more gas for the red flag fire. It also seems to do not good to write any politician in this state to voice your thoughts because they just don't care.

Not arguing here, just pointing out that a lot of lies are spread via the rumor mill. Right on this very forum, I had to correct someone who posted wrong information about the latest addition to the SAFE ACT. It doesn't take much for most people to have conniptions about a rumor and spread false information further in the web.

• Like 1

Direct from a reporter that was at Gov. Hochel press conference today. 

Gov. Hochul says "conceptually" there's an agreement on the broad strokes of a package of gun law changes to address the Supreme Court ruling easing New York's conceal carry law

Hochul says “conceptually we are all on board with these” proposals with the conceal carry measures. She adds state officials have been reviewing the legality with think tanks. “I’ll go right up to the line, I won’t cross the line,” Hochul says.

Hochul says the Supreme Court’s ruling on conceal carry was “totally out of touch” with what the state wants. Hochul says lawmakers will be acting on bills to restrict wear guns can be carried in Thursday’s session.

Hochul confirms guns will be restricted at medical facilities, places were kids gather, public transit, educational institutions and polling places. Private businesses can affirmatively show they are not allowing guns on premises.

Hochul also confirms there will be stronger licensing requirements, adding a vehicle requirement to safe storage law for firearms.

In-person fire range training will be required for conceal carry. A background check for ammo purchases will be required, Hochul says.

• Thanks 1

Thanks MoHo, you just beat me to this . But what do I know anyway, Rob and Bello said it’s just rumors lol . 
 In a way they were right it’s much worse .enjoy your safe storeage in your trucks boys ,   I already have built it handgun safes, but long guns are going to be tricky , if they’re included.

Background check for ammo, good thing I’ve got a lifetime supply .

Funny story , ran into another retired friend at the gym, he works the gun counter at Dicks ,he said you wouldn’t believe the number of people calling and asking ,if now they can just come in and buy a handgun , people are truly clueless . This is NYS fellas .

Oh and I’m going to laugh and laugh at all the Fuds in line for their  background checks on ammo come hunting season . Guess that also kills online sales .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Hochul confirms guns will be restricted at medical facilities, places were kids gather, public transit, educational institutions and polling places. Private businesses can affirmatively show they are not allowing guns on premises.

Gun Free Zones ...... That's where all the shooting happens !

• Like 2

CT was much easier than NY. Take a 4 hour NRA class, get fingerprinted and fill out a 2-page form. Done. Start to finish was a few weeks. Full carry (concealed or open)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, BizCT said:

CT was much easier than NY. Take a 4 hour NRA class, get fingerprinted and fill out a 2-page form. Done. Start to finish was a few weeks. Full carry (concealed or open)

I have NY, Fla , Utah and just applied for Penn.a few days ago . they are all a piece of cake  , compared to ny . Penn was a one page form , ten minutes time and $20 cash .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I have NY, Fla , Utah and just applied for Penn.a few days ago . they are all a piece of cake  , compared to ny . Penn was a one page form , ten minutes time and $20 cash .

Just curious .... when applying in those states residency is not a requirement ?

Cant even do background checks for ammo. The system isn't set up for it. And why would you have to do a background check for ammo for the gun you just had a background check for? Holy nonsense.

Isn't it already in the safe act to do background checks on ammo and it isn't enforced? Cause there is no system to do it?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So if one has a PA CC, can you purchase ammo in person? 

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Cant even do background checks for ammo. The system isn't set up for it. And why would you have to do a background check for ammo for the gun you just had a background check for? Holy nonsense.

Isn't it already in the safe act to do background checks on ammo and it isn't enforced? Cause there is no system to do it?

The background check for ammo was rescinded by Cuomo himself before it was even put to any vote. That's why you can buy ammo and have it delivered to your house if you don't live in the NYC zip code areas. Some places won't do it because they don't want the hassle of checking every zip code, I don't blame them for not wanting to deal with our mess.

After what happened in CA, the Left shouldn't be pushing any boundaries right now. CA is about to find out the hard way some things are best left alone, and being spiteful will lead down a bad road. I see some Democrats out there being removed from office.

• Like 3

Yup. I had NH, FL and UT years ago. It was 6 hours in some guy’s garage to get all 3. But I let them all expire and didn’t renew since I don’t drive around carrying anyway

The gun control advocates are hysterical over the thought that law abiding citizens who have been investigated by law enforcement are going to be a problem.  Have they took a honest look at who is really causing the PEOPLE VIOLENCE?

Imagine, but only imagine if these same gun control advocates put as much hate towards violent criminals as they do against law abiding gun owners we would see a reduction in PEOPLE VIOLENCE.

• Like 1

Governor Hochul is on a GUN FREE ZONE declaration binge. 

My question to her is who is going to be responsible for our protection at the GUN FREE ZONES and who is going to be liable for the death, injuries and damages at these GUN FREE ZONES?  Is Hochul is thinking ahead?

In other news Hochul is supporting safe havens for drug addicts to shoot up dope.  Does Hochul realize that those involved in the distribution, sale and use of dope are involved in the majority of PEOPLE VIOLENCE?  Does Hochul realize her plan is enabling more PEOPLE VIOLANCE?

Edited by ADK Native

1 hour ago, GreeneHunter said:

Just curious .... when applying in those states residency is not a requirement ?

Nope . There are non resident permits ,but mine don’t say non resident ,I don’t question that. They are good in those states, and honored in last I knew 38 other states,which is why travelers like myself get them .

The free states just see if your a good guy and give you a permit . Weird ha .

The background check for ammo was rescinded by Cuomo himself before it was even put to any vote. That's why you can buy ammo and have it delivered to your house if you don't live in the NYC zip code areas. Some places won't do it because they don't want the hassle of checking every zip code, I don't blame them for not wanting to deal with our mess.

After what happened in CA, the Left shouldn't be pushing any boundaries right now. CA is about to find out the hard way some things are best left alone, and being spiteful will lead down a bad road. I see some Democrats out there being removed from office.

Cuomo was going to piggy back off the federal system for ammo back ground checks. The federal government told him to pound sand.

Without the federal system he had no plan in place for the ammo back ground check and quickly realized it was not a possibility. Yet here we are again all these years later talking about doing the same thing with no system in place to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1