Carry permits, jokes on you suckers !

17 hours ago, Nomad said:

Thanks MoHo, you just beat me to this . But what do I know anyway, Rob and Bello said it’s just rumors lol . 
 In a way they were right it’s much worse .enjoy your safe storeage in your trucks boys ,   I already have built it handgun safes, but long guns are going to be tricky , if they’re included.

Background check for ammo, good thing I’ve got a lifetime supply .

Funny story , ran into another retired friend at the gym, he works the gun counter at Dicks ,he said you wouldn’t believe the number of people calling and asking ,if now they can just come in and buy a handgun , people are truly clueless . This is NYS fellas .

Oh and I’m going to laugh and laugh at all the Fuds in line for their  background checks on ammo come hunting season . Guess that also kills online sales .

geez man were you drunk when you wrote this? 

I didn't say it was all just rumors. I said we should wait and see what really happens. And what I see is still just a press conference, and not an actual signed law.

And you're not talking to some guy who doesn't have a permit, pistols, ammo or guns. I'm not your enemy here. 

Edited by Belo

21 hours ago, DirtTime said:

If they purposely go against the rulings with some executive order, she may just be jeopardizing her career

It's an interesting topic. As our country becomes continually more and more divided. Guns ok here and abortions not. Guns not ok here and abortions yes. 

Do these hot button issues help her that she's standing firm with her base? I don't know, but nobody is safe in November if gas and the economy don't improve. 

6 hours ago, Belo said:

It's an interesting topic. As our country becomes continually more and more divided. Guns ok here and abortions not. Guns not ok here and abortions yes. 

Do these hot button issues help her that she's standing firm with her base? I don't know, but nobody is safe in November if gas and the economy don't improve. 

I don't know what's going to help her, but she did win the top seat for the D party. After even more rulings from the SCOTUS on the full ban of what's considered "assault weapons", not allowing high capacity mags, and a few other redundant laws declaring them unconstitutional in a few states, she and the rest should seriously rethink trying to backdoor the Supreme Court. The iron is hot, and the SCOTUS have stated they don't have any patience for these violations anymore, so the NRA, GOA, and the rest need to drop the throttle on getting rid of a lot of the laws that flat out do not stop firearm related crimes.

The sickening part is the gas prices won't mean anything come November, I think this hypocrite turncoat liberal loving swamp creature is going to win. She's been asked on numerous occasions on her turning from an NRA Rank A member to a gun hating liberal and refuses to answer the questions. She doesn't have to answer, we all know it was to dump buckets of money into her bank account.

I'm getting really tired of telling people "My frikin rights, rights!, don't end where your damn feelings begin!".

• Like 3

18 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I don't know what's going to help her, but she did win the top seat for the D party. After even more rulings from the SCOTUS on the full ban of what's considered "assault weapons", not allowing high capacity mags, and a few other redundant laws declaring them unconstitutional in a few states, she and the rest should seriously rethink trying to backdoor the Supreme Court. The iron is hot, and the SCOTUS have stated they don't have any patience for these violations anymore, so the NRA, GOA, and the rest need to drop the throttle on getting rid of a lot of the laws that flat out do not stop firearm related crimes.

The sickening part is the gas prices won't mean anything come November, I think this hypocrite turncoat liberal loving swamp creature is going to win. She's been asked on numerous occasions on her turning from an NRA Rank A member to a gun hating liberal and refuses to answer the questions. She doesn't have to answer, we all know it was to dump buckets of money into her bank account.

I'm getting really tired of telling people "My frikin rights, rights!, don't end where your damn feelings begin!".

Remember her base is happy that she's fighting against the court though. I don't see how you think gas prices and the economy wont be an issue in November. 

So now your permit is good for three years ,then a complete recert, including a 16 hour course that includes two,hours of live fire and an in person interview  ! Ha ha ha 

Can’t carry in any business unless they have a sign stating it’s allowed or you can be charged with  of criminal possession of a weapon .

oh and a list of all your social media accts. from the last three years to apply for or recert a permit .

Thats for starters !

Edited by Nomad

Here’s an interesting end around , the Republicans gain control of Congress and pass National Reciprocity ,thereby making my Fla,Utah and Penn. permits good in NYS . NY then can then stick their,permit and those insane requirements . 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Belo said:

Remember her base is happy that she's fighting against the court though. I don't see how you think gas prices and the economy wont be an issue in November. 

Because, as I have said probably 100 times just on this forum, the Democrats outnumber the Republicans in this state. That's why it's a Blue state. If it were the opposite, it would be a Red State, or if it was a tie, it would be a Purple State. I know a lot of Democrats are getting tired of the prices of everything too, I just don't see it being enough to unseat a Democrat from the Governor seat. Have a look at the numbers of how many voted for her in the primary VS how many voted for anyone on the Republican side. Gay rights (loosely used here), abortion, banning guns, all the things liberals live for are what they get with Huchul. They won't get any of that with a Republican in the seat. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel I am.

• Like 3

the ponderings of illegal to carry for mass transit (public transportation) i strongly think would be an infringement on their ruling. if you need to take public transportation at all while out you basically can't carry. SCOTUS said blatantly they can't restrict permit holders from carrying out in public. the places of business having to explicitly say they welcome fire alarms vs precedent of signage to excluding them is defaulting against public carry and toeing the line to go against SCOTUS ruling.  If NY politics were smart they'd simply overhaul permit process and call that good. feel like we haven't seen it but SCOTUS probably has stuff up it's sleeve to flex hard if state law makers blantantly go against opinions/rulings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

the ponderings of illegal to carry for mass transit (public transportation) i strongly think would be an infringement on their ruling. if you need to take public transportation at all while out you basically can't carry. SCOTUS said blatantly they can't restrict permit holders from carrying out in public. the places of business having to explicitly say they welcome fire alarms vs precedent of signage to excluding them is defaulting against public carry and toeing the line to go against SCOTUS ruling.  If NY politics were smart they'd simply overhaul permit process and call that good. feel like we haven't seen it but SCOTUS probably has stuff up it's sleeve to flex hard if state law makers blantantly go against opinions/rulings.

This is what I keep saying and being scoffed at for it. They are purposely going against the Supreme Court's ruling as a slap in the face, and I hope they get a boot in the ass for it.

• Like 1

As an example of how it’s done in other states . Last Wednesday I turned in my paper work for this Penn. carry permit ,with self defense listed right on the permit  .  Nine days later I have it .

D2C9D3F5-6B9B-4D5E-8AD3-DFB8E5E880C8.jpeg

• Like 5

9 days??? I walked into the Sheriff office in Erie and walked out with mine. 10 minutes maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was around 9 days when I got mine in Erie as well. They mail your permit with your pic on it......they were not issuing them on site.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here’s something for you non handgun owners ! Any long gun in your vehicle if you’re not in the vehicle , like idk you go to lunch during deer season ,or maybe run into a store on the way to or from  . Your gun must be in a safe storage depository, which they define as a temper, impact and FIRE proof safe , oh and it can’t be visible from outside the car ha ha ha .

So a giant fire safe that’s also invisible for your car .

If some Karen sees your rifle or shotgun even in its case , you could face jail time .

9BDE9F51-137C-4F3E-89A6-00971231868A.png

Edited by Nomad

The 1791 Society  · 
Join

Frank J. Panasuk  · 9h  · 
Once again our constitutional rights are being attacked by the far left loons running NY State Government by and for New York City. These idiots, led by the chief idiot, Kathy Hochul, are on rampage, passing one unconstitutional and tyranical law after another.
Are you going to sit on your butts and take it? This organization is moving forward with a petition for Federal Injunctions against Hochul and her fellow hysterical anti-gun loons. We are a PAC, a Political Action Committee. We are not allowed to run raffles or any games of chance for fundraisers. We can survive solely on outright donations from supporters. That is the law.
Far too many people are sitting back and waiting for others to "do something about it." Here is your chance to get involved in the fight against these people, print this application and join the organization. If you cannot print it, write the information down on a piece of paper and mail it in. We are 100% volunteer, NO ONE is paid. If you do not want your rights totally destroyed by Hochul and her Democrat lefitsts, start getting involved. We have the support of very few firearms dealers, gun clubs, and gun club members. You folks had better start waking up and getting involved before it is too late. We just received a big Supreme Court victory and the leftists are enraged. Don't squander that victory. Support the organization that is supporting you!!!

1a.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Grouse I just printed out my application, and will include $100, to help fight the the good fight ! 

It’s also nice to see some County Sheriffs voicing their displeasure with hochul . 

• Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Id like to see stats on crimes committed by CCW holders

In Florida and Texas, permit holders are convicted of firearms-related violations at one-twelfth the rate of police officers. The average revocation rate is one-tenth of 1% in the 19 states with comprehensive data. Usually, permit revocations occur because someone moved, died, or forgot to bring a permit while carrying.

At Newsweek: Democrats’ Fearmongering About SCOTUS Gun Rights Decision Is Baseless (crimeresearch.org)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:53 PM, dbHunterNY said:

I feel like some of this will be overturned again by the supreme court, but how long does it take to get to them? This is just a way for dems to "gain more votes and hand wringing" with a law that will be overturned eventually, just like the 7 rounds in a mag was. 

On 6/30/2022 at 9:46 AM, Belo said:

I believe the country it's not as divided as you think it's the media generating division between people that is the biggest problem than anything else. And the corrupt  politicians that spread bs about many things in this country.

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, phantom said:

I believe the country it's not as divided as you think it's the media generating division between people that is the biggest problem than anything else. And the corrupt  politicians that spread bs about many things in this country.

There are certainly people on both sides who hate anyone on the other side. However, there’s a whole bunch of folks in the middle who just want to live happy, normal lives, and wish the same for their friends and neighbors. They are quiet people, while those on the extremes get the most air time because they are the noisiest.

You are correct though, there are plenty of people out there making a lot of money and accumulating a lot of power by keeping people scared and angry. It’s disgusting, and it happens from both sides. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 6

But there are plenty of people out there making a lot of money and accumulating a lot of power by stirring up hatred for the folks in the middle who just want to live happy, normal lives, and wish the same for their friends and neighbors.  That's the rub.

On 7/10/2022 at 7:18 AM, Grouse said:

But there are plenty of people out there making a lot of money and accumulating a lot of power by stirring up hatred for the folks in the middle who just want to live happy, normal lives, and wish the same for their friends and neighbors.  That's the rub.

And then there are those that do it for free- on this forum even....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1