Another one about ready to go up.

Friend saw the box i recently build and wants a similar one so fired up the mill and have everything but stair stringers cut ( ill wait till its up and final height ant placement determined to cut them) 

Should only day a day or two to get it up and useable.20220629_112700.thumb.jpg.e49592ad644b1923aafcdacc7df38b75.jpg20220629_112733.thumb.jpg.da7a110c76c0116414e0758ff3044fdc.jpg20220629_112806.thumb.jpg.fe60464d336f90393e101f0bea19f042.jpg windows and roof tin are on him...

• Like 13

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

Friend saw the box i recently build and wants a similar one so fired up the mill and have everything but stair stringers cut ( ill wait till its up and final height ant placement determined to cut them) 

Should only day a day or two to get it up and useable.20220629_112700.thumb.jpg.e49592ad644b1923aafcdacc7df38b75.jpg20220629_112733.thumb.jpg.da7a110c76c0116414e0758ff3044fdc.jpg20220629_112806.thumb.jpg.fe60464d336f90393e101f0bea19f042.jpg windows and roof tin are on him...

Cool - how well does the lumber hold up considering its not pressure treated?  Nice that you mill your own as its getting expensive!

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Cool - how well does the lumber hold up considering its not pressure treated?  Nice that you mill your own as its getting expensive!

For legs larch will last 20 years or more if on blocks( non ground contact) if i use black locust that will last 50years with ground contact.

Siding is a factor od overhang spruce will last 10 years or more untreated. Pine will decay faster  either will last many years longer simply spraying a mix of diesel and oil on it . Or you can go with a stain or paint.. 

a 2 ft ovehang  will do more than most treatments as it just doesnt get wet. 

Larch for siding would be 30 years or more  i got 20 years out of untreated larch as 5/4 decking.

I have more larch but i plan on expanding and redoing my house deck and im saving most of it for that project.

Edited by G-Man

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

What do you guys make the height difference between the front and back wall? 2' enough pitch to get rid of snow and rian?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Just a ft over 6 ft.  Metal roof snow slides off no issues

• Like 1

Wow. How long does a spot produce for before you’re willing to do all that work for a stand? Or do you build the stand wherever you want and then adjust habitat around the stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, BizCT said:

Wow. How long does a spot produce for before you’re willing to do all that work for a stand? Or do you build the stand wherever you want and then adjust habitat around the stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is friends property  . The old stand next to it was built in 2008..  he decided to replace it with this.

At my place they only go in proven funnel or  feed areas  usually 10 years or more of deer  knowledge at spot.  I do not put in ground as i can simply brace and lift with forks on tractor.  I have only.moved 1 ..2x now.  2x due to a new neighbor building near it and wouldnt be legal to hunt out of. And 2nd time was to get it into a better area  that was more commonly hunted.

Now i will do habitat  work to keep deer in box blind areas but usually just to keep them closer to it as mine tend to be funnel / travel areas.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, G-Man said:

This is friends property  . The old stand next to it was built in 2008..  he decided to replace it with this.

At my place they only go in proven funnel or  feed areas  usually 10 years or more of deer  knowledge at spot.  I do not put in ground as i can simply brace and lift with forks on tractor.  I have only.moved 1 ..2x now.  2x due to a new neighbor building near it and wouldnt be legal to hunt out of. And 2nd time was to get it into a better area  that was more commonly hunted.

Now i will do habitat  work to keep deer in box blind areas but usually just to keep them closer to it as mine tend to be funnel / travel areas.

Thanks. makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...