NYS Net Booner Typical...

WNY Bowhunter

I just put the finishing touches on this guy.  It would be a lot of work to haul him outside for a photo shot...he deserves better pictures than this but what a stud of a buck regardless. He grossed 173 5/8 and nets 170 1/8. This Schuyler County 6x6  was the #2 typical net bowkill in the state from 2020 behind the new state record Herbert buck from Long Island.

IMG_20220629_182047294.jpg

IMG_20220629_182646212_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220629_182717602.jpg

IMG_20220629_182821243_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220629_182923532.jpg

• Like 32

39 minutes ago, grampy said:

Not many Booners fall to hunters in NYS. It takes a special buck to make it. And a special taxidermist to do him justice. Justice was served. 

I appreciate the comment! I've got a forum member's buck on deck to be finished and sent home by next weekend hopefully....

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 6:51 AM, WNY Bowhunter said:

I didn't make the pedestal base. The guy who killed the deer was a former taxidermist and will finish the base himself too.

It Means alot when a former taxi man chooses another Taxi to do some whitetail work him! And That mount is nothing short of amazing my man, and probably my favorite all around 

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

It Means alot when a former taxi man chooses another Taxi to do some whitetail work him! And That mount is nothing short of amazing my man, and probably my favorite all around 

This guy is by far the pickiest client that I've ever had! I have to admit that the McKenzie 6900 floor pedestal with the Ohio taxidermy replacement head turned out AWESOME. I'd have to say that it is probably my favorite deer mount that I've ever put together. It looks much better in person than what the pics of it convey...

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 12:46 PM, WNY Bowhunter said:

This guy is by far the pickiest client that I've ever had! I have to admit that the McKenzie 6900 floor pedestal with the Ohio taxidermy replacement head turned out AWESOME. I'd have to say that it is probably my favorite deer mount that I've ever put together. It looks much better in person than what the pics of it convey...

The only thing i don't like about the pedestals is the big bulge on the opposite side of the deer's neck below Jaw line. I know they have a huge muscle developed there, but it just seems extra large on every pedestal  I've seen.. Mine is the same way..  

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

The only thing i don't like about the pedestals is the big bulge on the opposite side of the deer's neck below Jaw line. I know they have a huge muscle developed there, but it just seems extra large on every pedestal  I've seen.. Mine is the same way..  

It's most prominent on these McKenzie /Dennis Behn forms. I actually rasped some of it off on this one at the customer's request.

• Like 1