can a pump shotgun be classified as an assault rifle?????

Can a pump shotgun with a pistol grip, extended magazine tube and fore end pistol grip be classified as an assault rifle? From what I've read , only semi-auto guns and 1 feature are considered assault rifles , Nothing is said about pump shotguns.

Well pump is fine, if you have a semi-auto shotgun with

1    (  A  SEMIAUTOMATIC  SHOTGUN  THAT HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING    2  CHARACTERISTICS:    3    (I) A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK;    4    (II) A THUMBHOLE STOCK;    5    (III)  A  SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE    6  NON-TRIGGER HAND;    7    (IV) A FIXED MAGAZINE CAPACITY IN EXCESS OF SEVEN ROUNDS;    8    (V) AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE; OR    9    (C) A SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A  DETACHABLE   10  MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:   11    (I) A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK;   12    (II) A THUMBHOLE STOCK;   13    (III)  A  SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE   14  NON-TRIGGER HAND;   15    (IV) CAPACITY TO ACCEPT AN AMMUNITION MAGAZINE THAT  ATTACHES  TO  THE   16  PISTOL OUTSIDE OF THE PISTOL GRIP;   17    (V)  A  THREADED  BARREL CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING A BARREL EXTENDER, FLASH   18  SUPPRESSOR, FORWARD HANDGRIP, OR SILENCER;   19    (VI) A SHROUD THAT IS ATTACHED TO, OR PARTIALLY OR  COMPLETELY  ENCIR-   20  CLES,  THE  BARREL AND THAT PERMITS THE SHOOTER TO HOLD THE FIREARM WITH   21  THE NON-TRIGGER HAND WITHOUT BEING BURNED;

Well pump is fine, if you have a semi-auto shotgun with

1    (  A  SEMIAUTOMATIC  SHOTGUN  THAT HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING    2  CHARACTERISTICS:    3    (I) A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK;    4    (II) A THUMBHOLE STOCK;    5    (III)  A  SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE    6  NON-TRIGGER HAND;    7    (IV) A FIXED MAGAZINE CAPACITY IN EXCESS OF SEVEN ROUNDS;    8    (V) AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE; OR    9    (C) A SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A  DETACHABLE   10  MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:   11    (I) A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK;   12    (II) A THUMBHOLE STOCK;   13    (III)  A  SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE   14  NON-TRIGGER HAND;   15    (IV) CAPACITY TO ACCEPT AN AMMUNITION MAGAZINE THAT  ATTACHES  TO  THE   16  PISTOL OUTSIDE OF THE PISTOL GRIP;   17    (V)  A  THREADED  BARREL CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING A BARREL EXTENDER, FLASH   18  SUPPRESSOR, FORWARD HANDGRIP, OR SILENCER;   19    (VI) A SHROUD THAT IS ATTACHED TO, OR PARTIALLY OR  COMPLETELY  ENCIR-   20  CLES,  THE  BARREL AND THAT PERMITS THE SHOOTER TO HOLD THE FIREARM WITH   21  THE NON-TRIGGER HAND WITHOUT BEING BURNED;

I thought the law stated that a semi-automatic shotgun had to have a detachable magazine plus one of  the stocks features u listed? Now I'm not sure I understand this law.

Edit, sp

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

I thought the law stated that a semi-automatic shotgun had to have a detachable magazine plus one of  the stocks features u listed? Now I'm not sure I understand this law.

Edit, sp

nope. semi auto shot gun with detachable mag. period. this is how terrible the law is, saiga 223 (unmodified) non aw. saiga 12, 20, 410, same gun with a different caliber, aw. crappy law.

nope. semi auto shot gun with detachable mag. period. this is how terrible the law is, saiga 223 (unmodified) non aw. saiga 12, 20, 410, same gun with a different caliber, aw. crappy law.

I think that the Fienstien bill names all Saigas. It lists all Saiga shotguns, but it also says "Saiga AK" Is the Saiga 223 considered an AK? It was sold as a sporting rifle but it has an AK action....

I hate that Fienstien beatch....you would think a half billion her and her husband stole from us taxpayers would've made her go away.

She is a lying nasty B-word. Just listen to her comment on guns. She has no idea what she is talking about. 10% of the time she is totally misinformed and she just  lies the other 90% of the time. . Anyone who knows anything about guns can see that.But given the current leftist media, she is never questioned.