My 2022 Predator rig

Got the 20" X-Caliber Carbon .243 1-9 twist barrel last week.

Threw it on the Savage Predator for a couple of quick pics.

The rifle weighs 6.5lbs with the titanium linear compensator(LC) and is balanced, not barrel heavy.

Ordered a couple hundred Lehigh 82 grn controlled chaos projos and soon this rig will be dialed in and ready for hunting.

IMG_1441.thumb.JPG.62a4a7701c02399023561c18766c5d66.JPG

10 pounds with a full 5 rd metal AICS mag, LC and the Halo X50.

IMG_1445.thumb.JPG.c8bd57b9895cf528afd9ca95f1848ccb.JPG 

• Like 7

A good friend is affiliated with Lehigh, so I try to support them before others.

I've heard good and bad about hammer bullets, but have never tried them myself.

One of the bad's, is that to make the bullet lighter for greater velocity, they use a lighter metal composition, which makes the bullets longer, so they might not fit into magazines or chamber with the longer OAL needed to seat them with a standard powder charge.

Adjust accordingly and all should be good.

I have a boat load of Noslers, but wanted to try an all copper bullet in case the NY politicians ban lead for hunting.

If you get the hammers, please start a thread with your findings, as more choices is betterer. :rofl:

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 1

This is my first savage pre fit CF from X-caliber, but have had/built other rifles with CF barrels in the past with good results too.

Hopefully this one will shoot as well as those with the LeHigh projos.

The Halo X50 is an amazing scope too and I have a feeling some coyote aren't going to be happy this year.

• 2 months later...

Sighted in and ready to go for Oct 1st.

Sold the folding brass catcher because it weighed a ton and added the much lighter QD NCstar catcher.

Also sold the XG and Rattler scopes, so I ordered and am waiting for the new AGM Adder TS35-384 scope to arrive for use as a backup scope that can also be mounted on the .20 cal rifle for use in restricted zones.

IMG_1545.thumb.JPG.f06922da8d285110858a525e44411a74.JPG

• 2 weeks later...