2010 Deer Harvest Thread - Post your Pics and Success Stories!

WNYBuckHunter

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is a pic of the 8 point I got on 10/30/10. 190 pounds dressed.  I called him in to 30 yards with the primos bleat can.  I was on the ground standing against a tree.  He cme in behind me with hos nose in the air.  He saw me and flagged and took two jumps and stopped dead in his tracks  broadside, and stuck his nose back in the air.  That was his fatal mistake.  He went 50 yrds down thw ridge and piled up.  No pics, but the first weekend of November, I got  120 pound doe and filled my 6a dmp. I am tagged out until late muzzleloading season. Second pic is my nephew with me and his spike.

post-349-131455376635_thumb.jpg

post-349-131455376646_thumb.jpg

After a slow and unproductive bow season,today more than made up for it.From 7am to noon,saw 8 does.No doe permit.3pm,This guy comes running by chasing a doe,despite grunts ,whistles,Both would not stop.I fired at the moving buck,15 yards,And hit his throat which severed his wind pipe.

post-817-131455376668_thumb.jpg

post-817-131455376688_thumb.jpg

Took my 9 year old daughter out for the first time on opening day of shotgun (11/20). Not being accustomed to a 4am wakeup call, she was falling asleep in the stand when this 8 point walked 55 yards in front of us. I let her "grunt" to stop him and I made a nice lung/heart shot for a quick kill. We ended up filling all of my tags yesterday with two nice size does. What a way for a kid to experience a day of hunting!

post-1854-131455378145_thumb.jpg

Yesterday was my wife's first real dear hunt and it turned out pretty good. Managed to drop a nice doe and the two yearlings she had with her. Still got a DMP left thanks to the landowners DMAPs. Now i can concentrate on a rack for the rest of the season and if I'm lucky enough to drop another fat doe it would be golden.

I'm still pissed about not finding my archery buck i shot with my 4.5 yr old opening day of bow.

post-57-131455378411_thumb.jpg

post-57-131455378577_thumb.jpg

Took my 9 year old daughter out for the first time on opening day of shotgun (11/20). Not being accustomed to a 4am wakeup call, she was falling asleep in the stand when this 8 point walked 55 yards in front of us. I let her "grunt" to stop him and I made a nice lung/heart shot for a quick kill. We ended up filling all of my tags yesterday with two nice size does. What a way for a kid to experience a day of hunting!

Love it. A picture perfect father/daughter hunt. I can't wait to take my 3 kids hunting in a couple years.

i have seen this guy a few times in early bow. but never had a shot at him. sat morning he came out around 7am and ran into the brush i did not have a clear shot. sunday afternoon i went back to that stand and around 3pm he came out of the brush with his nose to the ground. i hit him with the can and he turned and walked towards my stand and gave me a 60 yrd shot. he went 20yrds and went down. it's a 6pt and was 145 lbs dressed.

post-1795-131455380832_thumb.jpg

post-1795-131455380852_thumb.jpg

post-1795-131455381104_thumb.jpg

post-1795-131455381122_thumb.jpg